Mission success

Dare To

Sooyoung was getting ready to go with her mom to church when someone knocked the door. She knew who it was, her mom never knocks. ''It's open.'' She said, putting lipstick on. Her dad came in with a worried expression on his face.

''Sooyoung, your mom told me last night-''

''I did it because he used Vivi and then dumped her, just if you're wondering.''

Her dad stared at her for some seconds, then sighed. ''Details? Or I'll have to nag you, too.''

She rolled her eyes and turned her head to look at him. ''It was a bet. He used Vivi to win a bet. We were going to tell her but it was too late already.''

He nodded. ''Did you punch him hard?''

''Yes.''

''Good. Kids like that need lessons and manners.'' He said, half joking half serious. ''Are you really going to church?''

''Yeah, don't worry, dad. If something happens I'll call you.'' She assured, smiling calmly. He smiled back and got closer to peck her forehead.

''Okay, I'll get to work then. But promise me, if something happ-''

''I promise. Now go or you'll be late. You don't want your boss to get angry at you, do you?'' He chuckled and shook his head, then rushed out. Sooyoung sighed, looking at herself in the mirror. She was about to change everything, literally everything. No more hiding, she was tired of hiding and giving hints. ''You can do this. This is nothing, you're Yves after all.'' She said to her reflection before taking her medicines and exhaling. She smirked. ''You got this.''

 

///

 

''I'm worried about Sooyoung unnie…'' Hyunjin sighed, playing with her food. Heejin nodded in agreement.

''Why? She did it.''

Haseul lifted her head and raised an eyebrow, staring at Vivi. That was new and confusing. ''Are you angry at her?''

''So what if I'm? She beat Yooseok up without a reason.'' Her friends exchanged glances. ''What?''

Hyunjin cleared . ''So… you think Sooyoung unnie could ever do that? I thought you knew her better.''

''She's pretty impulsive. And even if there is a reason, it's not good. She shouldn't have done that.'' She took her trail and stood up. ''I'm going back to class.''

''Vivi-'' Haseul couldn't talk, the small girl walked away ignoring her. She sighed. ''God dammit. Okay.'' She smashed her hands against the table, making the other two girls startled and confused. ''It's not fair that Sooyoung was the one getting suspended, we all know whose fault it is.''

''And you're planning something…''

''Of course I am!'' Haseul confirmed, Heejin and Hyunjin looked at each other then back at the older.

''We're listening.''

She smirked. ''Yes you're. Ladies, we can't let Vivi be mad at Sooyoung and we can't let that jerk go without consequences. So I propose you something… we'll call it…'' She stopped for a moment, thinking of a good name. ''Mission: Hunt a jerk.''

''I'm in.''

''Same.''

''Wonderful, we'll get to work after school then.'' She smiled playfully. ''Oh, I'll call Yeojin, she probably doesn't want to lose the fun.''

''Has Sooyoung unnie reply any of your messages?'' Heejin asked curious. ''She didn't saw mine.''

Haseul shook her head. ''Her mom took her phone, probably.''

The youngsters sighed in unison.

 

///

 

Sooyoung never liked church, sure the paints were beautiful and all, but it gave her a bad vibe all over and the humidity smell was too strong for her to handle. They stayed all the time during the mass, of course her mom wouldn't miss it, Sooyoung just stood near a column, resting her back on it and looking around, she didn't open once no matter how many glares her mom gave her. She wasn't praying nor singing along with everyone else.

After a while they were alone with the pastor, at last. Sooyoung was already losing her patience. The man smiled and bowed politely, his smile made Sooyoung want to hit him, too. Maybe harder than she did with the jerk. ''How can I help you?''

''Sooyoung has something to confess, father.''

''There we go…'' She said, rolling her eyes, not caring about manners at all. The pastor seemed surprised by her attitude, she smiled. ''Good morning, father.''

''Good morning. Is what your mother said right, Sooyoung-ssi?''

''Oh yeah. I beat up a jerk that was trying to use my best friend, is that a sin?''

''Well, that sure is wrong doing, Sooyoung. It's that everything?''

''I may have curse at him more than once, oh, also I'm gay.''

''What?'' That was all he could say. Sooyoung smirked at the sight of her mom's expression.

''Excuse me?!''

She shrugged her shoulders with a blank expression on her face. ''I said I'm gay, mom. Feeling proud of raising a nice lady now?''

''Sooyoung this is not a place to joke around.''

''Oh, you wish I was.'' She gave them her back and turned her head to them, flipping her hair in the process and smiling arrogantly. ''I like small hands and soft lips better than big and rough ones and I ain't sorry about that.'' She exhaled. ''Gosh, I should have done it long ago. Anyway, I confessed already so… see you at home, mom.'' She waved her hand and walked away gracefully ignoring her mom's yells and her swearing. The woman lost all her composure and Sooyoung was enjoying it like the demon she's sure she is. Deep inside, not that deep, she was scared, but she wasn't willing to let fate win.

 

///

 

''Okay fam, we got this.''

''I don't know, unnie… the plan doesn't seem like a good one.''

''Good plans aren't funny.'' Haseul argued, shaking her hand and her head along. ''Is everything ready, Yeojin?''

''Yes, ma'am!'' The youngest said, placing her right hand over her forehead.

''Good. Let's do this.''

Haseul's plan wasn't exactly the best, but they hopped for it to work. They waited patiently outside the gym for the soccer team's practice to end and when it was over, they managed to corner the jerk. Heejin at one side, Hyunjin at the other, Haseul facing him and Yeojin peeking behind Heejin with a frown on her face. He raised an eyebrow. ''Is this a thing on your group? Cornering people, I mean.''

''What?'' Haseul raised an eyebrow.

''Your ugly friend did this once, too. Yves sunbae.''

''Where is she ugly? Oh my god, you're blind.'' Hyunjin said, crossing her arms.

''Anyways.'' Haseul stopped them. ''We know it was you. Sooyoung couldn't beat someone without a good reason and we'll know what you did.''

''I just did what the other boys told me to and I won.''

''Look, jerk. If your dear new friends jump from the rooftop, will you jump, too?''

''That's stupid.''

''Exactly. What you did is also stupid, and heartless, and you're a complete dickhead and my friend is in troubles for your fault.''

''She hit first, how is it my fault?''

''She hit because you hurt our friend and you know it.''

''It's her problem if she thought I was being serious about a relationship. Who on Earth could date that small freak anyways? She doesn't even talk properly.''

Haseul threatened him with her index finger. ''This is why she beat you up. You used Vivi to get a ing car!''

''And it was worth it, I got it.''

''I want to punch him, he's so annoying.'' Hyunjin spoke through her teeth.

Haseul smirked and pulled back, resting her hands on her hips and looking at Yeojin. ''Did you got it, bean?''

''Oh yeah, I got everything~'' She said, smiling teasingly and raising her hand. She was holding her phone, Yooseok started to panic at that moment. ''You're screwed, sorry, oppa.'' She stuck her tongue out.

''You…''

Haseul kept her smirk and raised both eyebrows. ''I think the principal will like this.''

 

///

 

Honestly, Heejin expected everyone except Sooyoung, but the girl appeared at her door and got into the house without asking for permission, throwing herself on the sofa. Confused was an understatement, Heejin didn't understand. ''Uh… hi?'' She said, crossing her arms and looking at Sooyoung in search of an answer.

''Hey. I'm suppose to be grounded but I went to church to confess with my mom, I said I am gay and it's probably better to stay away from home for now until my dad arrives.''

It took Heejin at least ten seconds to process everything, then her eyes widened. ''You what!?''

''I kicked the closet's door open and walked out like a boss and Mrs.Ha wants to kill me now, probably.'' She exhaled, she was so tired. Sooyoung practically run to Heejin's house and the places wasn't close. ''Can you lend me your phone to call my dad?''

''I… mean. Sure?'' Heejin took her phone out of her pocket and gave it to Sooyoung, staring at the girl as she called her dad. ''You just dig your own grave.''

''Oh yeah, I did and I'm ing scared but it felt so right. You should try it sometime.'' She winked at her. ''Oh, dad. Yeah, I'm fine… actually, not that fine. Sit down before I tell you, I don't want you to faint or something.''