From now on

Dare To

''You really don't have to do it, Sooyoungie.''

She smiled as Vivi pouted, cupping the shorter girl's cheeks to peck her lips. ''I know. But it's about time to end this , isn't it?''

Vivi knows she's right but she's still scared. That woman hurt Sooyoung enough already. It's not fair. She doesn't want her hurting again. ''I'm going with you.''

Sooyoung took a deep breath, hoping her anxiety couldn't hit her again even if it's been a month since it last appeared. But she didn't need to worry too much. Vivi was there and her dad was probably more anxious than her at work.

They headed inside the cafe and she instantly found her mother. The woman gave them a look when she saw they were holding hands but said nothing about it.

They sat quietly, waiting for her to speak. Yet she said nothing for three whole minutes, and Sooyoung was getting impatient. ''If you invited me to a staring contest we're going now.'' She said calmly.

''I thought you were coming alone.'' The woman finally said.

''I never said that.'' She replied. ''I still need emotional support because of you.''

She knew it was harsh to say such a thing, specially to your own mother. But she wasn't lying.

The woman glared at her, frowning. Rather than hurt or guilty she seemed offended.

No.

Sooyoung knew she was offended. Specially when she raised her voice. ''Do you have any idea of how hard has it been for me raising you?'' She said. Sooyoung just raised an eyebrow. ''And you pay me like this?''

''How, mom?'' She asked, raising her voice, too. ''Like how?'' She wasn't letting this woman take her down again. Not again.

''Disobeying me, getting suspended, becoming a…''

She didn't need to say anything, the disgusted look she gave to them was enough for them to understand. Vivi was about to curse to her, for real. She never cursed but she was going to far. Is this what she wanted to talk about?

But Sooyoung spoke first. ''When did I disobey you? I went to all the extracurricular activities you put me into even when I didn't want to, I stayed until late night to study and get perfect marks on every goddamn exam. I followed you to church almost every ing day, whenever you wanted me to go despite I don't even believe in God!'' She practically yelled. ''Dad was the one making lunch for me, he was the one paying for all the school trips, the one who always took me to the hospital whenever I was feeling bad even if it was just a mere cold because he panicked. He has always been the one asking how my day went and putting me to sleep!'' She stated. The woman was going to talk, but she didn't let her. ''And what if I'm dating a girl? What's the big deal with me liking girls?''

''It's unnatural! And don't you dare to yell at me!''

She chuckled. What was the point. She isn't hurt because she came here without expectations, knowing her mother probably didn't change her mind at all. ''You know what. I don't care.'' She stood up, offering her hand to Vivi. ''Come on, we're leaving.''

The shorter got up and held her hand without saying anything, but she made sure to glare to the woman in front of them.

''I'm not done talking, Sooyoung.''

''I've heard enough.'' She replied. ''Have a nice day. And don't ever call me again.''

 

 

///

 

 

Sooyoung headed inside the store, releasing Jin's leash and rubbing her hands to get some warm. She didn't have time to greet anyone because as soon as she stepped inside, Vivi ran to her and embraced her waist. ''Sooyoungie~''

She smiled, embracing her back. ''Hey, babe.''

''Good afternoon, uncle.'' The shorter girl greeted Mr.Ha, too. Smiling brightly. ''Merry Christmas.''

''Merry Christmas to you, bean.'' The man teased before leaving them be.

''Happy anniversary~ I love you.'' Vivi blurted out, earning a big toothy smile from Sooyoung.

Right. It's been a year. Time really does fly, huh. It seems like yesterday when she was all depressed and sulky. Thankfully all of that was gone now, she was happy with her family, her friends and of course Vivi. It's been months since she doesn't know anything about the woman that almost ruins her life and she didn't care about her at all anymore, even though the first weeks were pretty bad.

But now everything was okay. ''Happy anniversary-''

''HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!''

Both of them got startled when the door smashed open and Yeojin stormed inside leading their group of friends and launching herself on them to hug them. Nonetheless, they ended up laughing.

''Yeojin!'' Haseul complained, dragging her little sister away from the couple. ''I told you not to do that!''

''Yiijin I tild yi nit ti di thit.'' The younger mocked as she stuck her tongue out.

None of them bothered on containing their laughter when the older sister started chasing after Yeojin and she ran for her dear life. ''Anyways, how are our lovebirds doing today?'' Hyunjin asked, smirking at the older girls.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes.

It's true that a lot has change. She feels happy and Haseul, Vivi and her are going to college soon, Yeojin will enter high school and the jerk dropped school some months ago so they were completely free now. But her friends haven't change at all, they were still annoying and Sooyoung still couldn't get mad at them. ''Can't believe you're adults now. You gotta take us to a road trip.'' Jiwoo commented, showing her puppy eyes to Sooyoung.

''You wish.'' She teased with a smirk.

''If we do a road trip. We're not taking you with us.'' Vivi claimed, linking arms with Sooyoung.

''I second that.''

''I'm happy that you're happy but can we like… eat. I'm hungry!'' Hyunjin called them from the back.

''Sure thingy!'' Jiwoo yelled, dragging Chaewon along with her.

''Aigoo…'' The small blonde sighed, shaking her head.

Sooyoung chuckled. They really didn't change at all, they probably weren't going to, which was okay.

She was buried in her thoughts -this time good ones- when she felt something soft on her cheek, so she turned her head to look at a smiling Vivi with a tint of pink on her cheeks. ''What was that for?'' She grinned like an idiot.

''You didn't say it.''

She tilted her head. ''What?'' All Vivi did was pout, so Sooyoung tried to recall their conversation. ''Oh.'' Then she smiled tenderly, leaning to peck Vivi's lips. ''I love you, too.''

 

 

 

 

 

IT'S OVER.

Oh my god it took me more than I expected to write the last chapter... I was happy but sad while writing it so I couldn't bring myself to do it properly *sigh*

But now it's done. Yeeeeeeeeey! *cheers by herself* Thank you all for reading, I hope you liked it. *Finger hearts*

See you!