The pretty girl

Dare To

WELL HELLO THERE! I'm early this time ?)

Just wanna say that your reactions to the last chapter are exactly me when I finally wrote it lmao  <3

Anyways, this is an extra about Jiwoo and Chaewon~ To let clear why Jiwoo knew Yooseok and all (even if he couldn't remember her face hehe).

Enjoy! \(ºuº)

(This is long af btw *cofcof*)

 

Jiwoo's attention has been focused into a particular person lately. And no, for the first time it's not her cousin. It's been a month since Jiwoo first saw this girl, reading a book at the library. She looked so peaceful yet so mysterious that she caught Jiwoo's attention right away.

Usually she'd just approach her happily to meet her and get to know her. But she felt kind of intimidated, even if said girl was shorter than her and extremely cute, she never smiled and her eyes were so dark, it gave her goosebumps. Still, Jiwoo stared from the distance -as creepy as it sounds-.

 

In no time she found out about her simple habits, like biting her lower lip when she was concentrating on something, or narrowing her eyes if she didn't understand. She also found out something she'd rather not. Chaewon -yes, she also got her name- had a boyfriend. A popular one, apparently. But for some reason, the girl didn't seem comfortable at all whenever Jiwoo saw them together. She seemed wary and lost, like a stray puppy. Her gaze never fell on the guy for too long, she mostly avoided it.

 

Jiwoo found it interesting, but she didn't have the guts to approach because she didn't know the situation. Maybe she was just shy. Anyways, she was going to keep watching.

 

///

 

The first time Jiwoo found an opportunity to talk with the younger girl, it was extremely awkward. She walked into the toilet to wash her hands because her pencil decided to break and her hands were covered in ink, and for her surprise, she found Chaewon in there, curling with her back against the wall. Although her face was hide by her hair, she'd tell it was Chaewon.

A whimper escaped her, and Jiwoo understood she was crying. She approached her, squatting in front of her and taking a tissue out of her pocket. ''Here.'' Jiwoo said softly, careful not to scare the girl out.

 

Still, Chaewon got surprised and snapped her head up, bumping the back of her head against the wall and letting out a groan. ''Ugh!''

 

Jiwoo pressed her lips not to laugh, it wasn't a good moment, despite the clumsiness. She beamed her a reassuring smile and offered the tissue. ''Careful, girl!''

 

Unsureness in her eyes, Chaewon exchanged glances between the tissue and Jiwoo before taking it and bowing her head slightly. ''T-thank you.''

 

Satisfied, Jiwoo nodded her head and got up. ''I don't know what happened, but you can tell me if there is something wrong. I'll take care of it~'' She cheerfully said, squealing internally over the girl's soft and sweet voice. Definitely, she's the cutest person Jiwoo has ever seen.

 

She was about to get out when said voice interrupted her from walking away. ''Wa-wait!'' Jiwoo turned her head and tilted it, still smiling. ''Who are you?''

 

''Ah, right. I'm a guardian angel!'' She joked. ''My name is Jiwoo, though. See you around, Chaewon-ah!'' Winking to the girl as a goodbye, she walked away, this time for real.

 

///

 

The second time the talked, Chaewon was struggling at the library, trying to get a book from the top of a shelving, tiptoeing without issue and frowning in annoyance.

Jiwoo could have spend the whole time just watching the girl for her entertainment, because honestly, it was quite funny. But instead, because she's a good girl, she approached her, tapping her shoulder. The shorter turned around, startled, eyes wide in surprise. Jiwoo chuckled at the sight and raised her hand. ''Yo! Need a hand over there?''

 

''I- no, no, I'm fine!''

 

''Oh, come on! Don't be shy~ I'll help you.'' Jiwoo smiled happily, looking around for a chair to get over on so she could reach the book.

Chaewon was watching for her from below with concern, then when Jiwoo took the book and came down from the chair, she let out a big sigh in relief and bowed a couple of times to the girl.

 

''Thank you, sunbaenim. But shouldn't do that again, it's dangerous.''

 

''It's just a chair, not a bridge or something.'' She laughed, pulling the chair back to its spot and turning to the girl. ''I told you the other day, didn't I? You can tell me if something is wrong and I'll take care of it.''

 

Raising an eyebrow, Chaewon questioned her. ''I don't… know you, though.''

 

''That's easily fixable.'' Jiwoo replied. ''Wanna go for an ice-cream after school?''

 

Staring at her in disbelief, Chaewon ended up chuckling because of the weird behavior of her senior and shook her head, smiling slightly. ''Okay.''

 

A big smile crossed Jiwoo's lips at the sight. Chaewon couldn't get any cuter.

 

///

 

''The subtle art of not giving a .'' Jiwoo read, peeking her head above Chaewon's shoulder. ''You're an intellectual, aren't you.'' Chaewon turned her head to look at her, smirking. One of those smirks Jiwoo has get used to, she smiled back. It's been two weeks since they went for ice-cream together, and enough for Chaewon to be comfortable around her. She still got surprised when Jiwoo appears out of nowhere and clings to her, though. ''Hey, Chaewonie, feel like going for something to eat after school?''

 

Her expression turned kind of dark, Jiwoo caught it. ''I can't.'' She answered, shaking her head. ''Yooseok has a match today… I've to go.''

 

''Oh.'' For what Jiwoo has seen, the younger girl frequents quiet places mostly and she's really shy. A soccer match wasn't exactly the best place for her. ''Alright, wish him good luck!''

 

 

Good luck her . She didn't like the guy at all, not because she was jealous -she was- but because he just… seemed so fake. The fact that Chaewon looked extremely uncomfortable around him wasn't helping her to get any less suspicious. ''Joowon-ah.''

 

Her friend looked at her curious. ''Yeah?''

 

''What do you know about that Yooseok guy?''

 

Joowon blinked, furrowing her eyebrows as she tried to remember. She tilted her head. ''Do you mean that guy from the soccer team?''

 

''Yeah, that one, the carrothead.''

 

''He's pretty popular, but he's dating that small girl you've been stalking.''

 

Jiwoo gasped. ''That's not what I meant! And I'm not stalking her! Keep down your voice.''

 

Chuckling, Joowon raised an eyebrow. ''Calm down, god, you're so noisy. I don't know much, honestly.'' She said, shrugging. ''But I can ask for information if you want-''

 

''Yes please.'' She cut her.

 

''Got it. I'll ask my contacts aka the snobby girls.''

 

''This is why you're my best friend.''

 

''Don't get too hyped, Jiwooming. You own me a dinner after this.''

 

''I'll give you all the money in my wallet if you want.'' Jiwoo offered.

 

''That's not a lot of money.''

 

The shorter gasped, faking indignation she put both hands over her chest and furrowed her eyebrows. ''ALRIGHT EXCUSE ME YOU TROPICANA MILLIONAIRE GIRL, I'LL KEEP IT TO MYSELF IF YOU DON'T WANT IT.'' Knowing she was screwed, she ran away right after saying that.

 

Just a second after, Joowon reacted and chased after her. ''COME HERE YOU LITTLE PIECE OF ! I TOLD YOU NOT TO TALK ABOUT THAT EVER AGAIN!''

 

///

 

So, apparently he's one of the best players and has half of the school drooling over him. He also confronts whoever he needs to get what he wants. In other words, he's a spoiled brat. No way Chaewon is dating him, Jiwoo wasn't buying it, so when she saw the chance of interrupting while they were together, she did so.

 

Leaning against Chaewon suddenly and startling the girl, she beamed her a bright smile and a fake one for the guy. ''Hey Chaewonie! Ready to go for that claw machines?'' The younger looked at her completely confused and lost. It was an extremely cute view and Jiwoo could have squealed here and there if it wasn't because of the guy in front of them. Locking gazes, like if they were talking telepathically, Chaewon somehow managed to understand where the act was leading to.

She quickly beamed the boy an apologetic look. ''Right, I almost forgot. I'm sorry, oppa. I promised Jiwoo unnie I'd hang out with her today.'' She was surprised she didn't stuttered and also proud of herself.

 

The boy sighed in annoyance. ''Sure. Whatever. Have fun.'' And with that, he walked away.

 

When he was out of view, Jiwoo glanced over Chaewon with a smile. The younger raised an eyebrow. ''Why?''

 

''You seemed uncomfortable. Anyways! Should we get going to the arcade?''

 

''Wait. I thought it was an excuse.''

 

''Oh, darling.'' Jiwoo passed her arm around Chaewon's shoulders and started walking. ''You're right. But since I said it~''

 

The blonde could just chuckled and shook her head in disbelief.

 

///

 

Chaewon stared at the stuffed penguin in front of her -which Jiwoo won and decided to gift her- resting on the headboard of her bed. A tender smile formed on her lips as she took the penguin and hugged it tightly. A message popped up on her phone just after.

 

[Jiwooming💕]: Are u home???

 

[Chaewon]: Yes, why?

 

[Jiwooming💕]: Just checking you're safe asdfghjkl

                              Good night, pretty!! xo

 

The heat creep to her cheeks, and the butterflies made their appearance. At this rate it was nothing new, but it still scared her.

 

[Chaewon]: Good night, unnie

 

She was about to leave the phone on the nightstand and go to sleep with a great mood, but another message popped up, and it wasn't Jiwoo. Her smile faded and she sighed slightly, opening the chat.

 

[Yooseok oppa]: Who is that girl?

 

[Chaewon]: A friend.

 

[Yooseok oppa]: Whatever you say.

                                Do you think I'm stupid?

                                Stay away from her.

 

She frowned and stared at the phone for a couple of minutes before turning it off and placing it on the nightstand without answering the boy. She was tired of everything. Or rather, she was tired of him and his bull. Chaewon is sure Jiwoo has noticed it. The absurd, fake relationship. She's actually surprised no one else has noticed, because like her senior said, she is pretty uncomfortable around him. But they've a deal, and she's scared of breaking it, because the guy will expose her.

That's the last thing she wants.

 

///

 

Joowon kept picking Jiwoo's left cheek as the girl was leaning her right one against the desk and staring at nowhere or no one in particular. Her friend was utterly confused and concerned because she'd usually be shouting and doing weird stuff. ''Yah, are you dying? Do you want me to call an ambulance?''

 

Jiwoo groaned, bumping her forehead against the desk and startling the people in class. ''Am I scary?''

 

''A little creepy.'' Joowon said, earning a glare from her sulky friend. ''But still cute. What's the matter?''

 

''Chaewon has been avoiding me the whole week.'' She said soulless, her gaze fix on the white wall once again. ''Am I ugly, did I do something wrong, does she hates me now?''

 

''I mean… maybe you're just getting paranoid? That girl likes silence anyways. And we all know you're loud as .''

 

''You're not the quiet type either.'' Jiwoo pouted.

 

''But I'm not trying to seduce a shy junior that has a boyfriend.''

 

She rolled her eyes. ''Oh, shut up.''

 

Joowon smiled teasingly at her. ''I don't want to~'' She mocked. ''Anyways, if you want to talk with her and she doesn't want to, why don't you go back to stalk her.''

 

''I'm seriously gonna kill you anytime soon.'' Jiwoo replied.

 

''Come on, I'm kidding!'' The blonde said.

 

Jiwoo wasn't really in the mood to joke around, honestly. She felt so confused and even guilty although she wasn't sure if she did something wrong or not.

 

...

 

She didn't need Chaewon to like her back, just being her friend could be enough. But why…

Someone bumped against her while she was taking out a book from her locker, she turned around with a frown to see the back of the guy walking away. ''Hey! At least apologize?'' She complained.

 

The guy turned his head to look at her and smirked arrogantly, clicking his tongue, he ignored her. Jiwoo's expression changed from anger to disbelief and anger once again. ''That carrothead.'' She muttered. ''Wait. CARROTHEAD!'' Without caring that she startled everyone in the hallway because of the sudden scream, she ran back to class, smashing Joowon's desk with both hands. The blonde looked at her unamused. ''What now?''

 

''That brat! It's that brat, I'm sure!''

 

''What are you even talking about?'' She asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

''I'm sure carrothead told her something! He just bumped against me on purpose?''

 

''Who, Yooseok-ssi?'' Joowon frowned. ''You think so?''

 

''He even smirked!'' Jiwoo complained, pointing at the door for no reason, since there was no one. ''I swear it was him!''

 

''Look, I don't know, Jiwooming.'' Her friend tried to calm her down. ''But whatever it is, I think you should talk with her. Anyways, I'll help you to beat him up and hide the body if he did something to your precious junior.'' She stated.

 

''See? This is why we're best friends.''

 

''You always say that.''

 

''Because it's true!''

 

///

 

Not that day. Jiwoo wasn't able to talk with Chaewon that same day, but the next day she waited for the girl at her locker. The younger saw her and gulped right away feeling anxious, her gaze fell on the floor as she walked to the locker and did her best to ignore Jiwoo. ''Hey Chaewonie~'' She greeted her. ''Uhm, did… I do something wrong?'' She tried to meet her gaze in vain. ''Did something happen? Are you angry at me?'' Chaewon closed her locker and walked pass Jiwoo without meeting her gaze, she wasn't planing to talk with her, she was really trying to contain herself but…

 

''Do you hate me?'' Jiwoo's voice sounded so sad she couldn't help but turn around.

 

''No!'' She yelled. ''I mean- I…'' Her gaze fell again on the floor. Jiwoo thought she was the one being sad, but now she wasn't so sure, because Chaewon looked quite sad too.

 

Jiwoo sighed and approached her to held her hand. ''Chaewon-ah, look at me, please?''

 

''Chaewon, what are you doing?'' Jiwoo rolled her eyes when she heard that voice, on the other hand, Chaewon became even paler than she already was and stiffened. The older girl turned around just to see the guy's chest in front of her. She lifted her gaze to meet his eyes. ''Oh, you.''

 

''Nice to see you, too.'' She replied monotone.

 

Before she knew, the guy had already take Chaewon's hand and the girl with him, beaming her a fake smile. ''We'll get going now.''

 

''I was talking with her.'' Jiwoo complained.

 

''We're going.'' He stated. ''Right, Chaewon?''

 

The younger exchanged nervous glances between both of them and shot and apologetically look to Jiwoo. ''Y… yes.''

 

Before they could go, Jiwoo gripped Chaewon's wrist and pulled her behind her, glaring at the guy. ''No.''

 

''What the hell are you doing?'' Yooseok frowned. ''Come on, Chaewon.''

 

''Excuse you! She's not going anywhere with you!''

 

''Unnie-'' Chaewon tried to stop her, but Jiwoo ignored her.

 

''Chaewon.'' The guy called again for her. She was unsure, but the older girl held her hand tighter. She knew she was about to commit an insanity, but Jiwoo supporting her somehow made her feel safe.

 

''No.'' She replied shortly.

 

Yooseok stepped towards them but Jiwoo put herself in between, lifting her gaze to look at him. She wasn't so strong nor tall, she wasn't threatening at all. They were dragging attention but she didn't care. ''I thought I left things clear the first time.'' He said. ''I don't want to argue.''

 

''How nice of you!'' Jiwoo cut him. ''Stop talking bull and leave her alone! She doesn't like you, you don't need to be a genius to notice it!''

 

''I'm not arguing with you either. Chaewon, move your , we're late.''

 

The younger shook her head, looking at Jiwoo's hand and pulling herself closer to the girl. ''No.''

 

He sighed, looking completely pissed. ''You know what? Whatever. Have fun with your stalker, but get over with the consequences.'' Saying that, he looked around, noticing the big crowd around them, some expectant for a fight and some concerned. He locked gazes with Chaewon and smirked. Before the girl could say or do anything, he spoke loudly. ''Maybe you want everyone to know you're aual!''

 

The crowd gasped, they were whispering things and Chaewon didn't want to know what they were talking about. Probably about her. She wanted to run away but Jiwoo didn't let her. ''Well, I like girls! Does that change the fact that you're a piece of ?!'' Jiwoo exclaimed. It wasn't even a secret. No one was surprised except Chaewon. She was just clueless about everything because she didn't listen to gossips. ''You're an utter jerk, aren't you?! Forcing your junior into a relationship!''

Yooseok grabbed her by the collar of her shirt, but before he could do anything, his friends from the club and Joowon ran to him obviously pissed off, followed by a teacher.

 

///

 

Jiwoo came out of the principal's office, still pissed off and frowning, but her gaze softened when she saw the two blondes waiting for her. Joowon smacked the back of her head and she groaned. ''What was that for!''

 

''You crackhead! You got suspended, didn't you!'' She nagged.

 

''Not me! They're expelling Yooseok.'' Jiwoo explained, looking at the younger girl. ''For bullying and apparently smoking too.''

 

Joowon exchanged glances between the two girls and rolled her eyes. ''Have fun, lovebirds. I'm going to class, Mrs. Kim is gonna kill me for being late.'' She said, waving her hand goodbye. Jiwoo waved back, then turned to look at Chaewon.

She was obviously tired. Jiwoo doesn't blame her, that was a lot to take emotionally. Although Chaewon looked at her with unsureness and fear, she smiled brightly to her.

 

''I think we should take a break for today.'' She calmly said, offering her hand for the younger. ''Come on.''

 

''You don't think I'm weird?''

 

Jiwoo tilted her head and laughed. ''Chaewonie, I don't know if you've notice it, but I'm not exactly normal myself!'' She held her hand, since the girl wasn't moving. ''Isn't different better?''

 

''Is it?'' The blonde asked innocently. ''People don't think so.''

 

''Well, I must be an alien then.'' Jiwoo joked. ''Feel like going to play some games again?''

 

Chaewon stared at her for a while, a small smile formed on her lips as she chuckled. ''Okay.''

 

''Great, it's a date then!'' The senior exclaimed, dragging the now extremely embarrassed Chaewon with her.