Confused

Dare To

Vivi was going to press the bell when a woman stormed outside the house, yelling things she wasn't able to catch because she spoke too fast, Vivi jumped in surprise, making way to the woman so she couldn't bump against her. For her tone of voice she was probably swearing, a lot. She was about to ring the bell again but once more she was interrupted, this time by a man, she got startled, her eyes widened in surprise when he opened the door with a deathly look on his face, but he noticed her and changed it for a kind smile. ''Oh, Kahei-ah, are you looking for Sooyoung?''

''Ye...ah. Is something wrong?''

He patted her head and came out of the house. ''Not really, don't worry about it. We're going to court, Sooyoungie is inside.''

She nodded slightly and walked inside the house, as if it was her own place, she took out her shoes and headed to the living room, but there was no one. However she heard a cough behind her. Vivi turned her head, Sooyoung was looking at her with her pajamas on and a bowl of cereal between her hands. She looked cute. ''Uhm… hey.''

''Morning.'' Awkward. Their fights usually lasted one or two days, Sooyoung was usually the first to apology, but this time she didn't feel sorry at all. He deserved it. ''Why are you… here?''

''Haseul told me you're having troubles at home so…''

''Yeah.''

''Uhm. So! Why are your parents going to court?''

''Dad wants a divorce. The lawyer made an appointment for today to discuss everything, so…''

''Divorce? Why?''

Sooyoung pointed at herself and smirked, a sad smirk. ''Me.'' Sensing Vivi was feeling uncomfortable, she walked to the table and let the bowl of cereal there, turning on her feet to face the small girl, leaning against the table. ''So…'' She scratched the back of her head. ''I'm sorry, for acting like and .'' Not really.

Vivi shook her head. ''I'm the one who should apology. I heard Haseul talking with the principal about… you know. Uhm, thank you.''

Sooyoung let out a chuckled. ''Thank you, for what? I did nothing, though.''

''Because you were looking after me.''

''I was just being selfish.'' Sooyoung said, letting out a sigh. Now that Vivi knew, she caught up fast, it was obvious what Sooyoung meant. She was jealous. ''But whatever. Does this mean you don't hate me?'' She raised both eyebrows, smiling innocently. Vivi giggled. Oh god, it's been just a week but how did Sooyoung miss those giggles.

''I don't hate you, don't worry. You're safe.''

 

///

 

Sooyoung doesn't know how she ended up at Vivi's place instead of Heejin's though she isn't complaining about it. That meant she was going to live with Vivi for a while, and living with Vivi for a while meant seeing her being all cute with her oversize pajamas. When she told her she was moving temporally to Heejin's place, the small girl attacked her with her puppy eyes and practically obliged Sooyoung to stay with her instead. She called the other girl and her dad, both were fine with it, specially Heejin. And Vivi's parents couldn't be more happy having Sooyoung at their place for a couple of months, they love Sooyoung.

Now, the problem was they were sleeping on Vivi's bed, both of them. Is not like Sooyoung hasn't sleep with Vivi before, but she was quite sensitive lately and she needed to control herself. Plus the pills, she had to hide the pills and her depression. She knows she should have say no, but how the hell do you say no to Vivi's puppy eyes? She can't. There was no turning back now.

She was taking her things out of the suitcase, but she felt nervous with Vivi staring at her, is not like if wasn't usual, she was just awkward. She lifted her head to look at the small girl. ''Uhm… Where do I put Jin's things?''

Vivi came out of her trance as she heard Sooyoung speaking, she almost choke with her own saliva. Clearing she blinked a couple of times. ''That's… a good question, actually. Give me a sec, I'll ask my mom.'' She rushed out of the room downstairs, her cheeks heating up. It's not like she hasn't stare at Sooyoung before, she always does that, but this time felt different, she was aware of her friend's feelings. Her thoughts were a mess. What should she do? She wasn't sure.

''Mom?'' The woman her heels and smiled happily. ''Where do we leave Jin's things?''

''Oh, you can put them on the dinning room so he can eat with us.''

''Okay.'' She rushed upstairs again, peeking through the door before heading in which was stupid because it was her room, not Sooyoung's. She slapped herself mentally. ''Act normal, Wong Kahei.'' She muttered to herself. ''Sooyoungie, we can leave it downstairs.''

Sooyoung nodded slightly and gave her a small smile. ''Heard that, Jin? You're eating with us.'' The dog tilted his head after hearing his name and waved his tail, Sooyoung giggled, patting his head. Vivi wanted a pet, too. She sighed, sitting back on her bed. ''So, why would your parents… divorce because of you?'' She hesitated for a moment, Sooyoung looked up at her.

''Take a guess.''

''I don't know. Is it because you got suspended?''

The taller girl shook her head. ''Nope. Just forget it, it's not important, anyways.''

Still, Vivi wanted to know.

 

 

///

 

 

She got startled when she first woke up, eyes fluttering at the sight of Sooyoung sleeping at her side with slightly open, then she remembered that now the girl was living with her. Oh well. She took her phone to turn off the alarm and glanced over at the girl. Heavy sleeper. Actually she didn't want to wake her up, Sooyoung was cute when she was asleep. Vivi shook her head and patted Sooyoung's shoulder. ''Sooyoungie we've school.''

''Hmm… wait-'' Her eyes opened widely, that's right, she needed to go back to school. She groaned, covering her face with the pillow. ''Just kill me.''

''Come on, don't be a kid and get up.''

''Yes, ma'am.''

At least Vivi's mom made them dim sum for breakfast. Sooyoung loves Chinese food as much as she loves the Chinese girl. While Vivi took a shower, she took her pills. Better safe than sorry. She hide them back on the now empty suitcase and put on her uniform. Will everyone hate her for beating up a hoobae? Probably. She doesn't care, there were good reasons.

''Sooyoungie.'' She lifted her head to look at a yet half asleep Vivi with wet hair. She gulped and smiled nervously. ''I need to use the dryer.''

''Oh, sorry.'' She got out of the way, letting Vivi sit in front of the mirror to dry her hair, Sooyoung sat on the edge of the bed, looking at her through the mirror, Vivi turned her head to her and raised an eyebrow, she's sure her cheeks are red, and yeah, they were. And Sooyoung noticed it, she smiled playfully, standing up abruptly and pecking the girl's cheek, Vivi jumped of surprise, she didn't have time to yell at Sooyoung because the girl ran away laughing followed by Jin.

Vivi sighed. ''God. What's wrong with me…''