Speak up

Dare To

Sooyoung jumped onto the sofa, her dad got startled but smiled at her. ''Hey, princess. Aren't you going to class today?''

''I don't feel well.'' She pouted, her father checked her temperature right away. ''I'm fine dad, it's a headache. I don't want it to evolve into a migraine so…''

He nodded. ''It's okay, you can stay at home.''

''Is mom here?''

''No, she went to... church.''

Sooyoung knows her dad isn't fond to religion either, and her mom's obsession just made it grew into repulsion, just like what happened to her. ''I need advice with something. Actually, I want to tell you something, but promise me you won't get angry nor kick me out of the house.''

''Okay…? I promise.'' He intertwined their pinkies. ''What's it, kid?''

She took a deep breath. At least her dad, not her mom, no way. But her dad. ''I… may like girls more than I should.'' They stared at each other for some seconds, then he burst into laughter. Sooyoung was legitimated confused. ''I'm serious dad, it's not a joke.''

''Sooyoung, princess. Tell me something I don't know already. Do you think I haven't notice how you look at Kahei-ah?'' Sooyoung got extremely red, from her cheeks to her ears. Her dad laughed even harder, she covered her face with a cushion and swallowed a scream.

''Oh my god, do you know how nervous I was?! You knew?! And you know I- you know I like her.'' She muttered the last part, her gaze fix on the floor, she couldn't look at him on the eyes. Her dad patted her head and smiled tenderly.

''I'm okay with it, Sooyoung. But you can't tell your mom, you know that, right?'' She nodded. ''Fine. Then you're staying at home because you don't want to see Kahei-ah?''

''Dad! It's not that. I mean, partially. I really have a headache, though.''

''Then let me make you some soup before I get to work.'' He kissed her forehead and got up, walking to the kitchen.

Sooyoung loves her dad. He's the only man Sooyoung likes.

 

///

 

Heejin was worried for Sooyoung. She hadn't appear all day at she isn't the kind of person to skip school. Maybe she was sick, or maybe she was too harsh with her yesterday. She was doodling things on her notebook with her earphones on, ignoring the fuss her classmates were making. Their teacher was absent for today and they had nothing to do. Even with the music on, she was still able to hear conversations, and she instantly attended to the 'jerk', like Sooyoung called him, when she heard him speaking. If anyone saw her, they could think she's in her own world, but she's actually aware of everything. ''God dammit, I can't believe you're doing it. And I thought I was mean!''

''It's not that much.''

''Hell, not for you, I bet my car, dude. You just have to date a freak.''

''I already did.''

Heejin clenched her jaw. Deep inside, she knows who they're talking about and she's getting mad. A bet. Guess no one in the whole school likes them for real. She's angry. ''Shut up, the friend is here.''

''So? She is dumb anyways, she probably isn't listening. Look.'' One of the guys approached her. ''Hey.'' She ignored him. ''Hey.'' She was getting anxious. He smashed his hand against the desk, she got startled and lifted her head to look at him, he took out one of her earphones without permission. Heejin wanted to hide. ''Did you hear anything?'' She opened but closed it again, words weren't coming. She opted for raising an eyebrow to make the guy know she was confused about his question. He smirked. ''See? Nothing. Hey, answer when I call you, dumb.'' He patted her head. Heejin flinched and tossed backwards, he chuckled. ''Pathetic.'' She looked at Yooseok, hoping he could have at least some mercy, not like the other guys, but he just watched blankly.

''D-don't… touch.'' It was a mere whisper, but she put all her courage on it.

The guy raised an eyebrow and patted her head again, smirking with arrogance. ''What did you say? I can't hear you, dumb.''

''What the hell are you doing?'' They turned to the door, Hyunjin stormed inside the class. Heejin didn't even notice when the bell rang. She grabbed the boy's wrist and pulled it away from Heejin, staring into his eyes. ''Don't touch her, .'' Hyunjin looked at her and smiled. ''Come on, the unnies are waiting for us.''

Heejin feels safe with Hyunjin's hand holding hers, she muttered a ''Thank you.'' when they were far enough from the class and alone. Hyunjin smiled tenderly and put Heejin's hand close to her lips, giving it a peck, then let it hanging again.

Heejin swears someday her heart will stop working for her fault. She bumped her shoulder against Hyunjin's and lowered her head in embarrassment, the other girl just chuckled.

 

///

 

''...What are you doing here?''

''What do you mean? I was worried, you didn't come to school and you didn't answer your phone!'' Vivi complained. She has been worrying for Sooyoung all day she wasn't able to focus on the lessons at all. At least she took notes. Sooyoung invited her to come in and she took out her shoes, placing them on the entrance. They walked straight upstairs, Sooyoung's mom was in the living room, but she was watching mass on TV so Vivi didn't want to bother her. She knows how her mom is. ''God, your room is a mess.''

''Do you have to recall that every time you come over?'' Sooyoung replied, throwing herself on the bed, Vivi was greeted by an overexcited Jin wanting to give her a hug so she was kneel down hugging the dog tight. Sooyoung wants one of those bear hugs, too.

''Yes. I wonder what people would say at school if they see the mess you are.''

She chuckled. ''I know. It would be so funny.''

Vivi sighed and sat on the bed, placing her backpack gently over the floor. ''So, are you okay?''

''Yeah, it was just a small migraine, don't worry.''

''Of course I worry…'' She whined. Sooyoung hopes she could stop doing that before she dies from cuteness. ''I'm glad you're okay.'' Her pout changed for a tender smile as she brushed Sooyoung's messy hair with her fingers.

Sooyoung wanted to stay like this the rest of the day. Or the rest of her life. Still, she had the urge to ask about the date even if she knew it was going to be painful. ''So, how was your date?'' She regretted it right away.

''Oh! It was good. We went to the mall and…'' Vivi spent at least ten minutes talking about how fun it was, how she was all shy at first but he was patient and kind, he payed for everything, too. A truly gentleman. Sooyoung was forcing a smile and nodding while listening to it. She doesn't think it's something to compliment or fall for. She can do all of that, too.

''He sounds nice.'' She said plainly. ''By the way, what's that bag?'' Sooyoung glanced at the plastic bag Vivi brought with her, curious. Vivi seemed to realize something, then she reached the plastic bag and handle it to Sooyoung with a shy smile.

''I bought you apples on my way here.''

Sooyoung felt touched. ''Aaw, thanks babe!'' She smiled and leaned to give her a peck on the cheek, then opened the bag to take an apple.

Vivi's heart skipped a beat when Sooyoung called her like that. She attributed it to her shyness.

Sooyoung swears she saw Vivi blushing.

 

 

A little bit of 2jin to calm your hearts~