Chapter 7: My Wife's Meetings Of The Past (Part 1)

My Forgetful Wife (WonB)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FINALLY , IT'S DONE! I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT BECAUSE IT'S LONG AND IT'S SO LONG I'M GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE IT 2 PARTS >:(

Eunbi's POV

The car stopped. Sojung pulled the handbrake and unbuckled her seat belt. Sojung sent a smile at me before exiting the car and getting my wheelchair from the back. She, then, opened the front seat door and placed me in the wheelchair.

I looked around to see us near our old school as she pushes the wheelchair past the school, my heart beats faster, "Here." 

I held my breath unconsciously as the old playground appears in front of my eyes, "Th-this is wh-where..we meet?" I gulped 

I looked up at Sojung to see her looking away and scratching the back of her head, "Ki-kind of..."

I tilted my head to the side, "So, we didn't?"

"We-well..." Sojung has an awkward smile on her face as she looks at the place, "This is where I saw you. This place means the world to me. We'd come here all the time and one time when they told us that they would break this place down, I broke down." Sojung laughs as she continues, " I remember you being so angry that you went up to them yourself and were so scary that they actually let this place go. They fixed the swings and stuff for the kids to play again. Do you remember that much?"

"No..." I looked down with a frown, "The only memory I have of this place is a bad one. It haunts me still." 

"Ah, of course. Your confession to Yerin, right?" My eyes widened but I sighed and nodded.

"Yeah." I look up at the playground to see kids swarming the place.

"Interesting because that's the first time I saw you. Maybe if you remember after that-" She looked at me with a bright smile but loses it and sighs turning away, "Of course you don't..."

"Well, can you remind me?" I looked up at Sojung and for a brief second, I swear her eyes just shined. 

Sojung broke into a smile, "Of course, anything for you."

Sojung sat down on the bench next to me as she started to explain from her point of view.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(TIMESKIP) Sojung's POV

"Apparently this a shorter short cut then the short cut I used to take." I spoke through the phone.

"Yah, what did I tell you?! Don't be an idiot! Do your friends know your way home better or me the one who owns the house?!" My mum shouted through the phone.

"Y-you.." I looked down.

"That's what I thought! Now come back the way I always tell you!" I sigh before saying "okay" and closing the call.

I was about to head the other way when I overheard a conversation, "Eunbi! Come on!" 

I looked over at the playground to see two girls, "Yah, Yerin unnie. You have too much energy. Especially on such a hot day." 

I stared at the girls as they continued to chat happily they seemed like they were in my grade. I continued to watch and saw that one of the girls had left and the other one sat staring at the floor. After a while, the other girl came back with two ice cream cones in her hands. She held one out to the other girl who refused but when the girl pressed her body against her and nagged, she took it. The other girl turned red and whispered something I couldn't hear. It was really cute, I shipped them together already.

"You're welcome, Eunbi. It's what best friends do."I grimaced. That ship sank quickly. I guess I wasn't the only one who was upset at that.

The girl-or Eunbi suddenly stood up. I saw her face become really pained. The other girl was just as confused as I was.

"Is something wrong?" The girl said and I saw Eunbi's fist clench.

"Yerin unnie, will you be with me forever? Even if I do something dumb?" Eunbi said softly but enough for me to hear.  I gasped at the fact that the other girl-or Yerin- was older.

Yerin said proudly, "Of course, Eunbi. I would never leave you!"

"Then hear me out, Yerin unnie." Eunbi turned around to face Yerin. I could only see Yerin's face.

"I, Hwang Eunbi, am in love with you, Jung Yerin." I hold my breath, by biting my lip, to not let out my gasp/

From my distance, I could tell how suffocating the aura had gotten. The bitter face on Yerin already explained how it was going to end. I bit my lip already feeling bad for Eunbi and wishing I could go up to her and support her.

"I'm sorry..." It was soft and meaningful. Her voice was filled with regret.

The brief silence before she spoke again felt so long even for me, "I really am. I don't want to break your heart by lying to you and then telling you I never felt that way. I don't want to hurt you by rejecting you either. I just don't want your heart because I'm not the one that is going to take care of it. I don't deserve it. When two people are meant to be, no matter what, they will be together."

There was a soft patter that suddenly started. I looked up to see that it had started to rain and every minute it became worse. I pulled my bag over my head as I quickly hide behind a tree that's still close by enough to hear their conversation. I found a tree closer than my old spot. I saw the two hugging, Eunbi's tears spilled silently as Yerin hugged softly her like she could break but she didn't know: Eunbi had already been broken. Her emotionless eyes stared at the spot they sat at.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter