Chapter 10: My Wife's Confessions And Regrets

My Forgetful Wife (WonB)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3RD PERSON (TIMESKIP TO SOJUNG'S FIRST CONFESSION)

Eunbi turns to Sojung with a serious face, “Who?”

The lump in Sojung's throat disappeared as if this is what she wanted, “I’m in love with...”

The lump now appeared in Eunbi's throat with every second it got thicker.

Sojung took a deep breath, “You.”

Sojung's eyes turned to Eunbi's. Eunbi's eyes widened when there a sudden explosion. Emotions exploded like the fireworks in the sky. Eunbi crouched onto the ground and covered her ears. Sojung quickly leaned to her.

"Si-SinB? What happened?" Sojung asked as Eunbi shivered.

"I-...I'm af-afraid of fi-fireworks.." Eunbi stuttered looking at Sojung in the eyes finally. Her eyes were filled with tears.

Sojung broke into a smile and wrapped an arm around Eunbi,"SinB, it's alright. I'm here."

Eunbi buried her face into Sojung's shoulder, "It's okay, SinB."

Sojung noticed a big firework about to go off so she distracted Eunbi by whispering into her ear, "I love you, SinB."

Eunbi's eyes widened and the fireworks died down. Sojung helped Eunbi get up. Eunbi's face still showed shock.

Sojung looked at her watch, "SinB, it's late. I should go now. Be careful on the way back."

As Sojung was about to head back, Eunbi tugged at her sleeve. Sojung turned to Eunbi but Eunbi didn't make eye contact with her. Her eyes stayed on the ground and all Sojung could see was the top of Eunbi's head.

"Sowon," Eunbi's voice began, "I-I'm sorry...I'm so sorry. Please don't hate me but I-I can't return your feelings..."

Sojung felt her smile disappear as Eunbi said so. She opened to say something but closed it again. Sojung pulled her sleeve out of Eunbi's grip. Eunbi finally looked up at Sojung, clearly shocked but it changed to guilty.

"I-I'm sorry!" Eunbi's words could no longer be heard from Sojung. Sojung heart broke into pieces but her face looked blank.

"Goodbye, Eunbi."

As Sojung walked away, she wasn’t the only one whose heart was breaking. When Sojung was finally out of sight from Eunbi. The both of them fell apart.

“Why did I have to say such a thing?!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Very Next Day...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter