Chapter 2: My Wife's Promise To Me

My Forgetful Wife (WonB)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi's POV

It was later in the afternoon and I met up with my mother.

”Eunbi, Do you remember me?” My mother sat on the chair next to my hospital bed.

”Of course, mother. You look different though. Much more...” I stopped and she smiled at me sweetly.

”Old? Yes, that’s because you don’t remember 6-7 years you’ve seen me. Of course I look different.” She looks down at her hands with a sad smile.

”I’m sorry...” I felt tears fall out of my eyes but I ignored them. I looked down and clenched the sheets.

”Honey,why?” She asked in a sweet and soft voice.

”I wasted your money because I wasn’t driving properly. It’s all my fault. I am such an idiot. I am sorry. It would have been better if I had just died instead of surviving.” I sobbed loudly and heard the chair screech against the floor.

My mum sat on my bed and pulled me into a embrace, “Don’t ever say that. You know if we thought you were a waste of money or a waste of space we wouldn’t spend money to give you another chance to live. Your friends, your wife and me were all worried sick. We all put our money together to help you. Your friends cried. Your wife is a very strong person but she couldn’t see you the way you were when you were in a coma. She locked herself in her house for a week. Until visiting was allowed. She had bags under her eyes and was in a terrible condition. She loves you very much, Eunbi. You’ll see once you are allowed to leave this place. When she first came into your life, you started to smile and laugh a lot more. Yerin was even shocked. She was the one to confess first but you refused. You would tell me. She stole your heart and she was the reason your depression was gone. You told you were scared of dating her because you would break up and you’d be back to your normal self. Do you know what I said?” 

I shook my head and smiled and gently creased my hair, “I told you that when two people are very in love, they don’t break. There is a thing in life where two people don’t break up. There is a stage where they live happily and don’t break up. It’s called marriage. You took my advice and confessed to her too. After a couple of weeks you brought her home and she was the sweetest angel ever. She would hold your hand throughout and when I told her it’s okay to be nervous. She told me about how much she loved you. She confessed that she would want to spend the rest of her life with you. Then I had got a mission to get you two married. Long story short, it worked out.” 

She laughed and I smiled, “Do you think she could make me fall for her again?”

”I know she can. If there’s anyone in this world for you, it’s her. Treat her right and don’t stress her out too much when you leave the hospital okay?” I nodded and she wiped away my tears and kept me in her embrace until our time was over.

TimeSkip

I was watching the television that they had added to my room and my stomach started to grumble.

”Well, I cam at the right time.” That girl-what’s her name?- My wife stood at my door with a plastic bag. She was almost too big for the door.

”What’s your name again?” I asked and she let out a pretty laugh.

”Kim Sojung. I’ve kind of missed when you were like this.” She smiled warmly, “May I come in?”

”Oh, yeah. Sure come on in.” She entered through the door and had to duck a little, “How tall are you?”

”I’m 172 centimetres, Sin- Eunbi.” I realised she hadn’t called me SinB anymore.

”You can call me SinB. I kind of like it. When did you come up with it?” I brought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter