Chapter 19: A Bittersweet Saranghae

My Forgetful Wife (WonB)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SinB's POV

"Hel-?" Sojung began but was cut off.

"So-Sowon unnie!" Eunha's sobbing voice fills the car, "I-! Oumji! I-I think she broke her arm!"

Sojung sighs, "Eunha, I've told you this before, call the ambulance! Not me!"

“Eun-Eunha?! Who are you calling? Give me the phone,” Umji’s voice is heard in the background.

“Umji.” Sojung says.

“Ah, Sowon unnie, I’m glad it’s only you. I thought she called the ambulance,” Umji sighs in relief.

“Are you doing okay? Is your arm okay?” Sojung askes, keeping her eyes on the road.

“Yes, unnie, I just cut my finger really badly. I’m fine now. You know Eunha, she overreacts too much,” Umji giggles and I smile knowing it was because Eunha was pouting at her.

“She becomes more distressed knowing it’s you,” Sojung smirks.

Umji laughs, “She loves me too much. By the way, when are you coming home,unnie?”

“We’re on our way,” Sojung stops as she concentrates on turning left, “We’ll be there in about 5 minutes.”

“Alright, it’s just that,” Umji pauses and her tone becomes more serious, “Yerin unnie hasn’t left her room for quite some time. When I tried knocking and calling out her name, she didn’t answer. The door’s locked.”

Sojung frowns, “And Yuju?” 

“Nothing,” Umji’s uneasiness is obvious in her voice, “Unnie, I’m worried. I know that Yuju unnie already doesn’t answer when she’s at work unless it’s Yerin unnie. She should have been back by now...”

Sojung’s grip on the steering wheel tightens as she shakes her head, “We’re coming home right away, stay at her door and keep knocking until we arrive back. I knew that bad feeling I’ve had since the morning wasn’t right.”

“Mm, you got it.” Umji closes the call and Sojung fastens the car’s speed.

I grip the arm rest and bit my lip, “Woah...” I whisper softly.

In what seemed like less than a minute, we arrive in front of our house. Sojung quickly unbuckles her seat belt and exits the car. Eunha quickly enters right after, she turns to me with a serious expression after she finishes buckling her seat belt.

“Get out.” Eunha’s eyes seemed to pierce through mine, “Quick! We don’t have time for this! Follow Sowon inside! Hurry! Get out!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter