Chapter 4: My Wife's Heartbreak

My Forgetful Wife (WonB)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hwang Eunbi's POV

In a sunny evening, I was with the one I loved...

"Eunbi! Come on!" Yerin called out to me with a smile.

I smiled but rolled my eyes to pretend to be annoyed,"Yah, Yerin unnie. You have to much energy. Especially on such a hot day."

She quickly ad quietly came up to me,"Sorry, it is a hot day. Shall we get some ice cream?"

I frowned, "I'd love to but I'm saving up for something. You can go ahead and buy one for yourself. I'll wait here."

I sat down on the stone fence and she nodded,"Okay, don't go anywhere."

After a while, she returned with two ice cream cones in her hands. She smiled and held my favourite flavour out to me. I frowned and shook my head. She sat down next to me pressed her body next to mine. At that moment, I stopped thinking straight. She frowned and held out the ice cream to me again. I couldn't do anything and just accepted it. 

"Thank you.." I whispered softly. 

She giggled,"You're welcome, Eunbi. It's what best friend do."

I felt a sharp pain in my heart and I lost my smile. I stood up and looked down.

I tried to hold it in but I couldn't. I tried to stop myself. I wish I could've stopped myself.

"Is somthing wrong?" When she said those words, I lost my mind.

"Yerin unnie, will you be with me forever? Even if I do something dumb?" I asked not turning around. 

"Of course, Eunbi. I would never leave you." 

You weren't lying. You were great but I wasn't.

"Then hear me out, Yerin unnie." I turned to face her. Her face showed pure confusion. I took deep breath and then let it out.

"I, Hwang Eunbi, am in love with you, Jung Yerin."

There it is. The biggest mistake of my life.

She looked down with a bitter expresion. I bit my lip for I already knew what was coming. Like every sad drama I've watched. I got to experience it myself. I felt my eyes become warm.

"I'm sorry..."

At that moment, the emotions really hit. Warm water filled my eyes.

"I really am. I don't want to break your heart by lying to you and then telling you I never felt that way. I don't want to hurt you by rejecting you either. I just don't want your heart because I'm not the one that is going to take care of it. I don't deserve it. When two people are meant to be, no matter what they will be together." 

The warm water spilled out of my eyes. It hit the ground with a soft patter. Then more spilled and quickly. Yerin looked up at me with a sorry smile. She stood up and softly and slowly wrapped her arms around me. Afraid I might push her away. I didn't have the strength. I just looked at the stone fence blankly. The tears spilled non stop. I couldn't control my emotions. I was so lost, I couldn't even feel the warm summer rain.(a/n: Yes, I am listening to Summer rain.)

"Yerin, I should go now. Thanks for the ice cream. I'll pay you back when I get the chance." With that I left her warm embrace and ran off back home. 

I ran inside and into my room. I locked my door and fell onto my knees. I cried and cried. I still held my sweet ice cream. Most of it had fallen. I bit into sweet cone ice cream. The sweet taste I loved, wasn't there. It was bitter and I hated it. I could barely hold it. The ice cream rolled out of my hand onto the floor. I burried my head into my knees and cried softly so no one could hear me.

That memory haunts me. Never lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter