Individual Instinct

How The Playboy Stole My Heart.

YURI POV

Oh my God. Key. Looking at Josh and I. With his mouth over my neck and his hand over my mouth. Key started to stride heavily towards us, anger building on his face. Unexpectedly, Josh started laughing.

"Oh, silly Yuri. The bug is gone from your neck. You didn't have to scream. It's gone now". He blew onto my neck, acting as if there was a bug. That bastard was good at lying. He let go of my mouth and I gasped, my shoulders still weak from his strong hold. Key immediately pushed him off of me, seeing if I were okay. Without saying a word, he grabbed my arm and took me outside the room. He looked right at me.

"What the just happened in there?" Am I able to lie as well as Josh?

"I..there was a bug on me..and I f-freaked. So, he covered my mouth..to calm me down as he would blow it off-"

"Do you expect me to believe that bull? Yuri, he was going to do something to you and you were going to LET him!" He was raging. He was flailing his arms everywhere, clearly frustrated with the situation. I was trying to keep my cool.

"Key! It's fine. He was blowing onto my neck. Didn't you just hear him-"

"All I heard was blah blah blah! He was lying! And so are you! There's something going on, and you won't tell me! Don't you trust me?" I looked down. 

"Of course I trust you, Key." He then grabbed my shoulders. The pain began to shoot up.

"Then tell me!" I screamed in pain. He let go immediately, a look of worry casting over his angered face. 

"Whoa, whoa. What's wrong? Did I hurt-" I screamed at him.

"KEY. Just, drop it! I have to go to practice with Jos.." He stared at me confused. I took a breath, needing to think before I blew anything else.

"..Donghyun. I have to go to practice with Donghyun now. The assignment is worth too much. I'll see you in there soon." I stormed off into the room. Josh had his arms crossed, clearly hearing everything that happened outside. He sighed.

"Yuri-"

"You were so ing close. I thought you didn't want to get caught?" He looked away. 

"Look, if you don't want everyone to know then be CAREFUL. You almost got YOURSELF caught. And what ever shall we do if the poor Josh gets caught?" I laughed and moved away. Do I want him to be caught? Well, that would get him to stop constantly trying to force me to say yes. But..then everyone would know MY little secret. I began to watch the choreography that I was expected to dance with Josh. Luckily it wasn't as close as it would be with Minho. However, I had to trust Josh enough to pick me up multiple times. This was going to be tough. The bell rung. I looked at the door to find Minho..AND Key walk in. What? Could this mean these two were..friends again? Oh, if only..

 

----------------------

 

KEY POV

Yuri, I hate when you shut me off. I know something's going on. When she told me to drop it, her jumper slid slightly off her shoulder..and I saw them. Bruises. What the was Donghyun doing to her? I know it's him. They know each other. And not from here. Somewhere else. My gut's telling me to figure it out. And she almost called him something else. Something with a J..

I heard footsteps. I turned to find Minho. He was walking until he saw me. We stopped, facing each other. We stared at each other for what seemed like forever. I could see the hurt in his eyes. And only Yuri can fix that. He then looked away and walked towards the room. I stopped him.

"Wait!" He stopped and turned around slowly.

"What?" I sighed.

"Look I know you do not like me right now-"

"I don't 'not like you'. I hate you right now". Ouch.

"Okay, whatever. Listen. I know you HATE me right now. But I need to tell you something." He shook his head.

"Not interested, Kibum." He used my real name when he was serious. I grabbed his arm.

"It's about Yuri." He stopped. He looked at me.

"Please, Minho". He gave a slight nod. I nodded in the direction of the front gates.

 

---------------------

(Front Gates)

Minho stared at the ground, his hands in his pockets. I know his only soft spot is Yuri. I've got him.

"Ok, do nothing but listen. Comment. . Whatever. But later, right?" He shrugged, still looking down.

"Aren't you her boyfriend? Shouldn't YOU be helping her out?" Is he going on about this AGAIN? He is seriously something. I scoffed.

"You..oh you have GOT to be kidding? You know how many times I've made out with her since you broke up? ZERO. In fact, you know how many times I've made out with her since I've MET her? That's right. ZERO. I care for her. A lot. I think you're an absolute dickhead. But I know YOU are what's best for her. And for you too. You're..normal when you're with her". He laughed, getting the joke I was making. I sighed.

"But seriously. I DON'T have a thing for her. I don't know HOW exactly you got that, but-"

"Donghyun". I stopped. What did he mean?

"What do you mean by him?"

"I mean, he told me about the times you two were together. The times that you were both touchy-feely.."

"Do you mean the times that never existed?" Minho stopped. He hadn't actually thought this through, had he? So there IS something with this Donghyun character. 

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about, Minho. There's something about him". He looked slightly confused.

"I can see he has the hots for her and he flirts with her. Key, I know THAT. But what do you mean..SOMETHING?" I sighed.

"I don't know. That's the problem. He's good at keeping things to himself. Like, do you we know anything about his life before he got here? He's Jjong's brother. Okay, so what? That explains NOTHING about the kind of guy he is." Minho shook his head.

"I don't see what this has to do with Yuri.."

"His past involves Yuri. I know it. I can..sense it. Between them. Maybe they were a fling? That I don't know. But I am POSITIVE he knows her longer than we know her." Minho nodded once, starting to see the picture. I sighed.

"Okay, you've got to work with me here. I think he'll do something to her. I don't know. I came into the practice room, and he was there.." Minho looked shocked.

"But I was in there with her-"

"You must've left?" Minho opened his mouth in an 'O' shape. He nodded. 

"Anyway, I walked into the practice room, and he was close to her. Like, REALLY close. His mouth was on her neck-"

"Wait, WHAT?"

"...and his hand was over ". Minho's face transformed so fast I didn't even see it coming.

"What?! What was he going to do to her?! KEY?!" I shook my head.

"I don't know. But Yuri looked frightened. But Donghyun claimed there was a bug on her neck and she kept screaming, so he covered while he moved the bug. But I called bull, and Yuri kept denying it". He shook his head.

"Yuri's still good at keeping to herself, isn't she?" I nodded tiredly.

"Definitely. She looks so much more vulnerable. Don't you notice how thin she's gotten? How scared she always seems to look? She's more jumpy. Don't you notice that, Minho?" Minho grew frustrated. 

"Of course I've noticed! You don't understand how much I look at her and want to grab her back into my arms. Kiss her better. Tell her I love her over and over. Protect her. I miss her so much!" I sighed.

"When I asked Yuri, and she denied it, her jumper slid down slightly from her shoulders. And I saw.." Minho looked at me.

"Key, what is it?" I looked down. But he knew exactly what I was going to say.

"WHAT? Is he ing touching her? That bastard!" He stormed. I had to run in front of him. 

"WAIT, STOP!" He shook his head.

"No way, Key! He is HURTING her! Why are you stopping me?!" I took a breath.

"I think we need to look more into this. We can't just jump at him." He was angry, but he knew I was right. He sighed.

"What do we do?" Ah, a plan.

"You need to kiss her". He stared at me like I was crazy.

"Uh, Key? I'm not saying I'm not a Prince Charming..but what exactly-" I punched his arm. Idiot.

"No. I mean, YOU need to get the truth out from her. And what better way than by making her weak in the knees and make out with her until you've got her?" He thought about it. And he definitely wanted it; the passion he'd been hiding was burning in his eyes.

"Are you TRYING to hook us up?" I shrugged. He laughed.

"I guess..I wouldn't have a problem with turning on the playboy charms for her". I shook my head. He was growing a head.

"IN THE MEANTIME" I caught his attention once more.

"I will figure out Donghyun and what he knows. I'll find it out". He nodded. I let my hand out. He gladly shook it. Oh, wait.

"Oh. And you can't let Yuri know we're friends again. Or she'll catch on. She's smart, trust me." He laughed.

"Oh, I know THAT. And sure". I smiled and grabbed him for a hug. He returned it. Friends again.

 

---------------------------

YURI POV

Key and Minho walking in TOGETHER? They can't be friends..? No, they're both stubborn. Maybe soon enough they can be friends again..

"Yuri". I turned to find Sooni approaching me. Josh waved.

"Hey, Sooni." She shrugged him off and took me to the other side of the room. Josh was cofused. Good.

"Ok, Taemin said he lost the phone and hadn't brought it up yet. Cool?" I nodded.

"I know. Josh told me he found his phone in Tae's bag". Sooni gasped.

"Oh no. Did he do anything..?" I slowly shook my head. She'd probably kill him ten and there if she knew what he did before. She raised an eyebrow but smiled and nodded. 

"Ok, I'll let you go back to dancing, okay? Oh, and don't try to kill Josh okay?" I laughed and she left to go towards Taemin. I heard footsteps. I turned to see Minho. I gave a smile to which he gave a wink back. He hasn't winked at me in ages. He came close. His perfume was strangling me. It felt so good. I sighed lightly. He chuckled deeply.

"Hey. You, Me, after school?" I stared at him. What?

"I mean, you know, we need to practice intensly. And alone. It'll keep the..dance ALIVE." He leaned in towards my ear. 

"Well?" I nodded weakly. Why was he being so flirty? He smirked against my ear and moved away. He then became serious. Is he alright? 

"Can we try just one move before I leave you to dance with the others?" I nodded suspiciously. He then stepped back.

"The one where I dip you and then spin you by the shoulders?" My shoulders. Ah, . I nodded, not wanting him to realise. I went to him. He dipped me and soon brought me up, spinning me by the shoulders. The pain was too much and I winced. He let go, having something in his eyes I couldn't recognise. 

"Did I hurt you?" I shook my head.

"My shoulders just hurt..you know, sleeping in the wrong positions?" I laughed. He nodded once and went to his bag. I sighed. This was getting out of hand. Suddenly, I felt myself spinning to be face to face with Key.

"Keyyy?" He brought me close; ready to dance.

"We need to talk". And we began to dance. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANOTHER CHAPTER. 

Oh I forgot to say I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas.

I wish all a Happy New Year for very very soon!

 

Hope you enjoy <3