Secrets and Salsa

How The Playboy Stole My Heart.

SOORI POV

I wonder where Taemin could be. He promised to meet me at the cafeteria at lunch. He's not here though..

SMACK.

I unexpectedly fell to the ground, scraping my knee. I winced in pain, looking behind until I realised what it was that I had tripped on. It was..a phone? I pick it up, checking to see if I recognised it or if it had a name on it. It was just an iPhone 5, with a phone cover saying "M.A.F.I.A". Huh, probably some American show or something. The phone soon buzzed, causing me to nearly drop it. I catch it luckily, to see the message.

 

Princess Yuri <3
Look, Josh. I don't know what to do about..this.
Just, leave Minho out of it. He doesn't need to
know. You want to settle a score with me,
do it with ME, not him. Please. 


 

Josh? Yuri? As in..Yuri Yuri? But, Josh? Josh, Josh, Josh..? Who's Josh? Why do I feel like I know that name..

'SOORIIIIII'! I turn to hear Taemin yelling my name, jogging towards me. I cannot help but crack a smile. He comes to pick me up and spin me around. I giggle until I almost drop the phone. I gasp, and he immediately stops to put me down. He holds my chin.

'Are you okay?' I smack his shoulder.

'Of course I'm ok! I almost dropped this phone, that's all'. I show him the phone. He takes it out of my hands and begins to observe it.

'But this isn't your phone..?' I shake my head and smack his shoulder harder, taking the phone off him.

'Of course it's not mine. It's someones..but I don't recognise the person. But look..' I knew this wasn't a good thing to be peering at, but I knew it linked with Yuri. The lock screen lights up with the message. Taemin reads the message and stares at me, in shock.

'Yuri? But, who's Josh?' I shake my head, unable to answer his question.

'I don't know. But, I'm positive I've heard that name before. But there's no Josh in this school..' He nods in agreement. He wraps his arm around my waist.

'Just hand the phone in, and don't worry too much about it, baby'. I shake my hand.

'1: there is no Josh in this school. 2: this links to Yuri, I'm sure. Maybe it'll help your little P.I thing with Key, huh?' I wink at Taemin, with him laughing and squeezing me tighter. He takes the phone off me.

'Fine. I'll see what Key has to say about this, then'. I sigh in relief and hug him. I then look back up at him.

"And you WON'T lose the phone?" He laughed.

"Me? Losing things? Pft." The bell rings, leaving us both in shock. 

'Ah, well, we've got dance now, don't we?' He nods and lets his hand out. I take it and we walk silently to class. Yuri's in our next class..and Minho. This will be interesting..

 

------

MINHO POV

I changed into a tuxedo for our new dance assignment. Donghyun and I have actually become good mates. We've been hanging..and he isn't as terrible as I was expecting. Since the rest of the group hasn't really been talking to me, he's been keeping me company. He's been able to distract me..from Yuri. It isn't easy, but I'm getting there. And this time; NO girls to play around with. I've got to be single the right way. I can't let my playboy instincts get the best of me. The problem with today is that I have dance class..and Yuri's in it. And Key, as well. I can't get myself to forgive Key; no matter how close we are. Well, or were..

I walked into class to find everyone dressed up in their formal wear. I felt the salsa vibes through the music blasting. Red and black were plastered all over the room, with the distinct fragrance of roses surrounding our cluttered dance room. Girls and guys were chatting, losing themselves to the static atmosphere. I looked around to find Taemin and Sooni chatting together. I looked with sad eyes until Taemin's eyes met mine. I gave a smile, to which he gave a small nod and looked back at Sooni. I sighed in defeat. It wasn't going to be easy to continue being friends when I practically hate Key's guts. I instead tried to seek out Donghyun. My luck struck as I saw him chatting to a group of girls. They all turned to face me, with Donghyun looking up. Dressed up in a vest and tie instead of an overall tuxedo, I realised he was dressed really well. No wonder he was impressing the ladies..

"Minho, my man. What's hanging?" We gave a small hug as he turned to the group of flustered girls.

"Excuse me, ladies". He winked, leaving them to squeal to themselves. I laughed. I remembered being like this. Then Yuri set me straight-

"May I have your attention please?" I saw Jonghyun at the front of the class with a rose in his mouth. I could hear the girls from our class swooning over him. Others cheered. He chuckled and took it out to hold it. He held it up for everyone to see.

"This, is the symbol of passion. Romance. Lust. Love. And that's the theme of today's assignment. But, I'm going to make this interesting. 1 girl. 3 guys. The emotions that are going to be expressed should be the woman's turmoil in choosing the one she loves. Young love. It's erratic, and sometimes a bit wild. That's the aim of this assignment. I expect complete focus and utter passion. Good luck!" The class cheered. Donghyun and I nodded at each other, being 2 of the 3 guys for this assignment. Just who would be our girl..?

"Alright, guys. To make this assignment a bit more challenging, I will be choosing the groups. Arraso?" I sighed. Jonghyun began calling out.

"Sooni." Sooni stood up to the front, wearing an interesting black salsa dress. Her legs were definitely the highlight of the show. And apparently, she became the highlight for some of the guys too. Taemin was not amused. Jonghyun almost laughed.

"Taemin." Taemin sighed and advanced towards his partner. They smiled at each other, standing close. If only I could do that with someone again.

"Onew." Onew came in a simple suit, nearly tripping over the stage as he approached Sooni and Taemin. The class laughed while Sooni helped him up. I laughed. Good old Onew hyung.

"Andddddd..Jinyoung!" Jinyoung proceeded towards the group.

"Alright, Group number 1 is DONE! Let's continue!" I sighed as I knew this'd take a long time. Donghyun came to sit next to me. 

"Who do you reckon will be our foxy lady?" I shrugged my shoulders, uninterested in the possibility of the girls in our class. Jonghyun proceeded to call out various names, steering me closer into sleep. I woke up at Donghyun moving next to me. I realised he got called up, starting a new group. 

"Minho!" I grinned, glad that I'd be paired with someone I actually knew. I high-fived Donghyun once I approached him. Jonghyun continued.

"Key!" Key?

What?

, not Key. Surely enough, Key proceeded to approach us, not looking at either Donghyun or I. He approached Jonghyun and began to whisper in his ear. Jonghyun shook his head.

"Can't help you, Key. My decision's final". Key sighed and stood next to Donghyun, clearly keeping a distance between us. His eyes soon wondered to mine. I stared at him for a cold minute before I looked away, having to control myself. Jonghyun cleared his throat and gave a look which meant 'play nice'. He then took a breath.

"And the lovely lady for this group..Yuri!" My eyes grew wide open. Y..Yuri?! Please tell me there's another Yuri in this class. Judging from the look on Key's face, it was indeed my..my ex Yuri. Despite not actually dating her, I couldn't help but  desperately look around, trying to find her in the sea of students. But, she was nowhere to be seen. Jonghyun called again.

"Uh..Yuri? Are you here..?" Suddenly, Yuri appeared at the door, panting. She was completely out of breath, clearly running to get to class as fast as possible. However, she was dressed appropriately for the dance. Ballroom outfit with black and white sequins, exposing her legs. Her hair was straightened to a slick ponytail. Her waist and hips stood out in all the right places. Damn.

"Sorry, Jjong. I was running a bit late". He waved it off.

"Don't worry, Yuri. Now come and stand with your group". He motioned towards us. She immediately froze, looking at all of us. She took slow steps towards us, trying to avoid our gazes. The hopeful look on my face was probably too obvious as she kept her eyes on Jonghyun. Donghyun maintained a mesmerised look, while Key smiled at her. Trying to ignore him and his looks, I realised that Yuri appeared more tired than usual. The dark circles weren't covered in any way and she had gotten extremely pale. Had she lost weight? Was she sick? She looked so fragile. She slowly approached Jonghyun.

"Look, Jjong. Is it possible for me to go to another group? I mean, these guys are.." She looked at us.

"I can't go elsewhere? Maybe with Sooni and Taemin?" Jonghyun sighed heavily.

"Look I don't know what is up with you guys. Aren't you all friends?" We all remained silent. Jonghyun continued.

"Whatever. It's not my problem. This is an assignment. You'll have to work together. Yuri. You're late. Listen. One girl. Three guys. Salsa routine. Erratic young love. Got it?" Yuri slowly nodded but looked down. Jonghyun clapped.

"Let's get started!" We all proceeded down the stage. Yuri stood still, looking down. I cleared my throat. She looked up, frightened.

"We..we should get started, huh?" She nodded and began to walk. I offered my hands for her to go down the steps. She instead refused and bowed politely. I sighed in defeat.

Me..Yuri..Donghyun..and Key.

This'll be interesting. 

 

------------------------------

A new chapter say WHAT?
Yep. I got this. 
I've got this fanfic sorted now, yay.

Hope you all enjoy~!
Have a lovely day/night <3