Static Sparks

How The Playboy Stole My Heart.

YURI POV

I kept my head down when I approached Jonghyun earlier. I know I shouldn't be like this. But..it's Minho. I miss him so much. I miss him holding my hand and slowly my palm with his thumb. The way we didn't have to even say a word to each other. The looks we gave each other were enough. It would be simple actions. A pat on the head. A hi-five. Whatever. That was our way of exchanging our feelings. And now..I can't bare to look at him in the eye. I miss him so much. 

I then felt a nudge next to me. It was Key. He gave a half smile, to which I replied with a frown. He knew that this was impacting me greatly. The problem was that he didn't know what to do. And what's worse? I don't even know what to do. I sighed as Key, Josh, Minho and I..just stood there. We didn't know how to communicate. However, I can see the grin leaping off of Josh's face. He was GLAD I was in the group. He knew it'd make Minho and Key worse. He approached me and wrapped his arm around my waist. I wasn't able to budge. Key and Minho's faces changed immediately.

"Come on, fellas. Shouldn't we be showing this lovely lady the courtesy to a good dance?" He spun me around and dipped me. I gasped at the instant action. He brought me up with a smirk. Jerk. Jonghyun soon approached us.

"Look, I don't care if there's trouble in paradise. You guys will HAVE to work together. This assignment is worth a lot, and you can't risk losing marks because you can't grow up to be professional". I sighed. He was right. Minho bowed.

"Sorry, Jjong. We'll work". I looked up for a quick glance at Minho, to see him staring right back. That flaming stare. I looked away. Jonghyun had his fingers to his temples, clearly frustrated with us.

"Come on, guys. I know you better than that. Okay, you know what? I'll take measures into my own hands. Donghyun, Yuri" I saw Donghyun beaming.

"You two will dance to Tango Flamenco by Armik, okay?" I began to protest-

"YURI." I gasped in surprise. Jonghyun wasn't really an angry person, but clearly I went too far. I bowed 90 degrees in an apology. He sighed.

"Just..trust me, guys. You can do that, right?" We all nodded. Jonghyun looked to Key.

"Key. You and Yuri will dance to El Tange de Roxanne. Got it?" We nodded. He then looked to Minho. Minho remained expressionless.

"Ok, you two. Yuri. Minho. You'll dance to Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps". We looked at each other. I looked away, realising I was blushing. Jonghyun smiled. He calmed down.

"Good? Good. Get started." We quickly scrambled to get to work. Soon, Josh came to grab my hand. He pulled me into the corner, much to the distaste of Key and Minho. I shrugged him off.

"What do you want, Josh?" He sighed.

"Have you thought about what I asked, babe?" I looked at him with anger.

"And what did I already tell you?!" He told me to hush. I looked behind to see Key eyeing us suspiciously. Right, keep it low. I began to whisper instead.

"Look. I told you. It's not happening. Just drop it." He laughed.

"Well, do you want Minho involved in this?" I discreetly slapped his arm. 

"Did you not read my text?!" He then looked confused. Actually confused. This was new.

"What text?" I scoffed at him.

"You're an idiot. I sent a text at lunch after I left. I said something about you NOT involving Minho. Remember?" He shook his head. He then started patting his pockets. He looked at me.

"Do you have my phone?" I looked at him like he was stupid. Well, he is, but.

"Pft. No. Why would I?" He groaned.

"Ah . I lost my phone." I began to laugh. He looked at me.

"What's so funny?" I began to clutch my stomach. 

"Aahahaha. It's funny, because you deserve it." He fumed. I smiled and walked away. I walked to Key. Key looked at Josh.

"Yuri.." I nodded at him.

"What was that all about? I thought you absolutely hated Donghyun". I gasped. Then cleared my throat.

"Uh, I do? He was just asking silly questions, that's all". Key continued to stare at Josh. I nudged him. 

"Key?" He then realised I was calling him and he turned to me. He smirked.

"I have a plan". Huh? Before I knew anything, he picked me up with absolute ease. I kept squirming, telling him to put me down until he was facing Minho right in the face. And Minho looked pissed off.

"What the do you want?" Key just smirked.

"Here." He placed me down in front of Minho. I turned to him with a look of anger. 

"Excuse me?" 

"You heard me. Get your act together, Minho. Dance with Yuri. Or are you not a man to face up to your mistakes?" Oh . The one thing noone should do is question Minho's masculinity. Minho was too full of pride, and Key knew it. Minho began to move towards Key, ready to take a swing. I went in front of Key.

"STOP!" Minho snapped out of it and looked at me. This was probably the first real thing I've said to him in weeks. We were both stunned. I took a slow breath.

"Just..please. We want good marks. As much as you hate me, just..do this. If not for me, then for the marks.." He just stared at me.

"Please." He sighed and moved away from Key. I smiled at him.

"Thank you". His face relaxed and gave half a smile back. I turned to Key. 

"Key. You and J..Donghyun check out some dance moves so we could practice later, okay?" Key nodded with an eyesmile. I rolled my eyes.

"Well, go". He nodded and headed towards Josh, who was still looking for his phone. He deserved it. I then heard Minho clear his throat.

"Shall we get started..partner?" I was taken aback by the word but I nodded. He then let his hand out. Should I take it? Do I trust him? As much as I'm upset from his actions, I knew I could trust him. I took his hand to begin practicing.

 

------

MINHO POV

Yuri and I begant to watch the choreography given to us by Jonghyun. There was a lot to do. I had to slide under Yuri, pick her up multiple times..and LOTS of close contact. I sighed at how difficult this will be. How much longer can I keep myself away from her? I can't do this to my heart again. As we were watching, Yuri seemed blank. She looked really pale..almost like she were sick. I her arm lightly to get her attention. She turned in shock. I stopped. Minho, you can't do that anymore. 

"Sorry. I just..I" She just stared at me with those glowy eyes of hers.

"Are you okay? You seem sick". She gasped. But soon smiled.

"Yes, I'm fine. I just have a bit of a cold". She nodded with a smile and continued watching the choreography. I could see she was already trying to figure out the moves. She was moving her arms to copy the screens and rolled her neck when need be. All while sitting down. The sight brought a smile to my face. She then got up. Her waist was right in front of me..

"Minho? Come on. Let's practice". Dammit, Yuri. You can't do this to me. I quickly got up to start the positions. For now, we were just getting the moves right so we weren't completely putting effort. Despite this, Yuri effortlessly looked magical while she was dancing. She was so seductive. She knew exactly how to move her body. And it drove me crazy. A part of the dance came where she had to "kick" me to the ground. She did that and I layed down. She then had to go on top of me and bring me close. When she did, we were close. Too close. I could smell her minty fresh breath across my lips. The smell of her perfume was intoxicating. Her eyes were staring right into me as she breathed heavily on top of me. We were in this position way longer than we should've. The bell rung. She then realised and moved back so fast I didn't see it coming. She smoothed out her dress. Donghyun and Key were just staring. 

"Uh, that was the bell for home time, right?" I nodded at Yuri. She bowed a thank you and began to pack up, heading towards the door. But I needed to do this more with her. I need to be near her again. Just this once..

"Yuri!" She was almost out the door but turned to face me. I went to her. What was I doing?

"Maybe we should stay back and practice more. Maybe we could get the moves down fast, you know?" I cannot believe I just said that. Why is my heart faster than my head? She looked at me for a minute. She then looked at Key and Donghyun. Key cleared his throat.

"As much as I'd LOVE to stay, I have to go. So, you two go ahead." I smirked internally. Key wasn't doing this on purpose, was he? I mean, isn't he attracted TO Yuri? Not trying to put US together..

"But I'm free! How about I stay and practice with Yuri too?" Yuri visibly stiffened at Donghyun's words. What was it with those two?

"I mean. Minho, you drove me here. How ever will I get back home? Jjong left already.." Key then grabbed Donghyun's jumper.

"I've take this young one home. You two have fun. I mean..dance." He dragged Donghyun out, Donghyun begging to stay. It was now just us two. Yuri placed her bag down.

"Well, I guess we should get started?" I nodded.

"BUT. You'll..need to take me home. Sooni already left.." I nodded with a smile.

"I'd be glad to". She smiled a warm smile and got into positions. Oh Yuri..

 

--------

KEY POV

Dragging Donghyun out of there was the best choice I'd made all year. Well, second to plotting Yuri and Minho in the same room. Psh, I was a genius, really. If those two blind lovebirds weren't going to do anything about it, then I would. I took Donghyun out, but he shrugged himself off to get into my car. He sat and looked at me with cold eyes. 

"Thanks". I could practically taste the sarcasm in his voice. I simply smirked.

"You're welcome." Something was going on. And I don't just think it's having the hots for Yuri. It's something more. What happened at lunch between them too..something was up.

And I'm going to find out.

 

-------------------------

What's this? A NEW chapter? I clearly have too much time on my hands. 
I hope you all enjoy. I am NOT promising an update tomorrow. 
But hey, we'll see.

Hope you're liking the increasing tension, eheh.
Have a lovely day/night~ <3