Hong Joshua

Stay Strong Seventeen



Handsome and talented, Joshua was among the pretty faces of Seventeen. He is an amazing vocalist, guitar player and not to mention a pretty boy. The one thing he hated the most, however, was those late night dance practices.  

It was an other day for Seventeen, busy as a bee hive, they worked themselves through the day and finally,  they went back to the practice room. Joshua was totally fine with the extra work that they had to do but he really didn't like the fact that they had to include a late dance practice. After such a long day, he would rather go back to his bed and get a good night sleep. He sighed a little as he stepped out of the van and joined the others inside their practice room.

It was another ordinary practice night, even though it felt a little colder than usual for Joshua, but they went through it anyways. The music was pumping inside the walls of the practice room and everyone was wide awake until 2 am. 

Joshua dropped on the ice cold floor panting as S.coups called the night off, deep down, Joshua was finally releaved that the night was over. He slowly stood up and went near the sofa where he left his things and grabbed some clean clothes and walked to the changing room.

To his unpleasant self, someone left the changing room door's open when Joshua was changing his clothes. He only realised it when he suddenly felt a freezing air hitting his ribs and he immediately shivered and directly walked toward the door and closed it. He had no idea who left it open nor does he want to create any problems so he just hurried and closed it without any further thinking. 

They all walked home that night. The streets were empty and the dorm was not actually far so they decided to walk together. On their way, they bought few things and during the whole walk Jeonghan never stopped picking on the youngests asking them to do aygeo and to repay for his love. Joshua was smiling the whole way, it was fun, seventeen is fun, his family is amazing.

They got home around 4am. "Wow" S.coups said "We are really late ... I never thought that we would take so much time walking here"

"We didn't" Jeonghan replied "We took so much time doing whatever until we got here"

Coups gave him a wide smile and then addressed everyone "Guys ... it's better if you just go to sleep now ... I know that we are free tomorrow morning but we need all the rest we can get"

Everyone agreed and Joshua couldn't agree more. He just took a quick shower, he popped a couple of pills and immediately went to bed. He somehow missed the feeling of his bed's warmth and just slept.

On the next day, Joshua woke up by the annoying noise of the alarm clock but he went right back to sleep when someone, Jun in particular, put if off. It was 9am but Joshua didn't care less, they didn't have any schedules today and he was way too tired to move his body and actually wake up. Some time later, someone else was shaking him up, Hoshi, half screaming at his face. Joshua opened his eyes. Half open, he confusedly stared the the younger but soon after that, his eyes got heavy and he drifted back to sleep.

A while later, he was woken up again, this time however, it was S.Coups looking down at him with a frown on his face. He was saying something but Joshua couldn't get it, his leader's mouth was moving but nothing reached Joshua's ears and few seconds later he went back to sleep again. It was something that he couldn't help, his eyelids got heavy just really heavy, his mind extremely blurred and body just too exhausted to wake up or even move.

It was getting late and everyone was up except Joshua so S.coups asked Hoshi to go and wake him up but for his unpleasant surprise, Joshua wouldn't move. The older was sound asleep, breaths coming up and down but no matter how many times Hoshi would call his name or shake him up, Joshua wouldn't move. But the younger continued to do so until Joshua opened his eyes slightly, looked directly at him but never said anything and again, he drifted back to sleep. When Hoshi told his leader that Joshua wasn't waking up, something felt wrong. Joshua was never the type to do such a bahviour or act sluggish. It just didn't sound right so S.coups tried to wake him up himself but to no vail.

Jeonghan sighed and checked the other's cheeks and forehead looking for any signs of sickness but Joshua wasn't sick but only sleeping. Jeonghan tapped a little on the other's cheeks and called his name several times but nothing came out from him. 

S.Coups found that the room was starting to pile up and God knows what could happen since they are not sure of what is going on with Joshua so he decided to push everyone except Jeonghan outside for the moment. Dino was heading outside of the room pouting when his feet hit something tossed on the ground. He bowed to get it and his eyes widened immediately and screamed "SLEEPING PILLS"

His scream terrified everyone including S.Coups who snatched the bottle from the maknae's hands and hurried back to Joshua on the bed eyeing him "Mingyu ... call our manager ... ask him to come immediately"

The younger nodded and left. Jeonghan had a worried face and grabbed Joshua's hands tighter when he realised that the bottle was way half empty. 

The waiting game was the hardest part. When Mingyu told the manager, the other came immediately and brought a doctor with him. All members were outside on the living room merely waiting and exchanging glances and worried looks "How could this happen?" Jeonghan questioned gaining the attention of everyone but no one dared to answer. Minutes later, the doctor came out, everyone stood up asking the doctor about Joshua's condition

"It's not dangerous" he reassured "I'm glad that he only took 2 pills which are not harmful at all. His body was so tired and the drug gave him 100% effect. He'll be up in few hours, I made sure he is doing fine but I recommend not to let him take these pills again"

Everyone greeted the doctor on his way out. The manager took S.coups aside "Well thank God he is okay. I cancelled your schedule for tomorrow as well just rest and make sure everyone is okay"

S.Coup sighed, he walked inside the living room when the manager left but didn't find anyone, they all went next to Joshua. He smiled as he saw everyone trying to act as silent as possible in order not to wake him up or disturb him.

When Joshua woke up, it was to a screaming worried leader nagging all over his head. He can't remember how many times he apologized and explained that it was only a one time thing because his body was feeling just stiff and he thought that taking those pills after his shower would help him relax or at least get a good night sleep. 

However, at the same time, he was greatfull, so greatfull to have them around, he was sure they cared and he loved the way they came around him. He smiled to himself and promised himself to never ever do this ever again. Next time, he will ask to cancel the late dance practice instead.