Choi Seung Cheol

Stay Strong Seventeen



Being the leader of a 13 member boy group is, without doupt, a very difficult job to do but being the leader of a 12 member super hyper boy group is, without doupt as well, the hardest thing ever but not for our S. coups. He just adores them and cherishes them so much, whatever they do, he tolerates and guides them all the way. 

But even a leader as strong and loving as S.Coups will, at some point, break down. The working process is hectic and everyone is extremely busy and Seungcheol had to keep his eyes open and supervise all the members. Only few days ago, Hoshi made a wrong move and landed painfully on the ground. Even though it wasn't a serious injury, Seung Cheol blamed himself because he wasn't looking, he was busy breaking up the brotherly fight between Dino and Woozi. Dino just keeps messing with the Woozi's stuff, he misplaces them and sometimes looses them and Woozi just can't stand it. Also, it seems like MinGyu is feeling a little down for one reason or another. Seung Cheol noticed that the younger was just off lately and avoided everyone, he was just doing what he is supposed to and most of the time he would just be sleeping. Coups, being the leader he is, needed to know what's going on with s. Mingyu told him that he was just feeling tired but of course this didn't convince him and he had to figure out what was wrong with the boy. He found out in the end that Mingyu was receiving threat and anti messages. It made him feel frustrated, Seung Cheol never left the boy's side since the moment he found out about what was going on and helped him to get over it. 

Stress, that's what you get for being the leader of a 12 member boy group but to Seung Cheol it was a good type of stress because even though it is tiring, you still have the number 12 and it's a big number. So whenever he is down, there were 12 others who looked after him and asked different kinds of worried questions but Seung Cheol however, wasn't the type to show his emotions. He would rather hide them than worry the others around him.

That night was rough, very cold and they were still stuck in the practice room. Breathing quickly, Coups announced their last round and put the music on. For some reason he couldn't understand, his chest wasn't taking in enough air and his limps seemed like they were about to fall and suddenly a loud thrud was heard, someone was on the ground "Wonwoo-ah" they all screamed and hurried to see the boy

"Are you ok?" S.Coups asked holding WonWoo's arm helping him to stand up 

"Yeah" Wonwoo said as he stood up "I just slipt" Coups put a hand around the other's shoulders and dragged him toward the sofa across the practice room "It's enough for you today just sit"

They all noticed WonWoo's fall but no one noticed the cold sweat coming from the leader's forehead. It felt like he was about to fall, but no, he couldn't show it, the others were watching and they needed him there, what if something else happened or WonWoo gets worse? So, he called it off, Coups canceled the last round and asked all of them to gather their stuff while he called the manager to come and pick them up.

He set on the sofa next to WonWoo and even though his chest was closing up on him and somehow felt dizzy, he still asked "Are you sure you are ok?" 

"I told you Hyung, I just slipt I swear"

"Did you get hurt?"

WonWoo held his arm up checking his elbow "Well I think it may leave a bruise but it's ok" he put it down and looked at Seung Cheol "I'm fine Hyung really" WonWoo explains "Don't worry ... it was litterly a minor fall" Seung Cheol sighed "Okay, just pay more attention next time" putting a hand on his chest *Why is it getting too tight and harder to breathe?* he asked himself as he watched WonWoo leave his side and went to gather his stuff.

They quickly finished packing and soon enough the manager came and picked them up to their dorm. As everyone was setteling down and agreeing on taking turns for the showers, Seung Cheol layed on his bed facing the ceiling with his hand placed on his chest. That feeling of tightness never left him as he tried to breathe in and out slowly and steadily. He felt so tired, his body giving up to the feeling of extreme exhaustion and eyes slowly closing up.

Some time later, Seung Cheol woke up as someone called his name and softly patted his shoulder asking him to wake up. He opened his eyes and saw Jeonghan above him "Hey wake up ... why don't you go have a shower? Everybody else is done" Seung Cheol stirred a little feeling uncomfortable as his chest still hurt and slowly stood up murmuring a "Thank you" to Jeonghan.

He had no idea how he managed to take that shower since he was feeling so uncomfortable and the hot shower steam wasn't helping and suddenly, he started caughing finding it hard to breathe again. He quickly dried himself and put on his clothes and immediately went back to his bed, this time, his chest was going up and down very heavily, eyes closed and hands turned into fists. He was the last one to enter the showers and by the time he came out, eveyone went to sleep already. He layed there not knowing what is happening to him and tried to call Jeonghan who should be across the room hoping that the other would wake up easily

"Jeonghan" ... "Jeonghan" SeungCheol called but his voice was shaky as his unsteady breaths got in the way "Jeonghan" he called again and this time he gained a faint sleepy "Huum?" From the other "Help me get up" This statement felt weird to JeongHan's ears "What?" He asked as he slowly picked his head up from under his blankets "Help me ... get up" Seung Cheol repeated and when Jeonghan was sure of the words pronounced by the leader he jumped out of his bed, turned the lights on and headed righ to Coups "Are you ok?" He asked as soon as his eyes fell on the leader.

Seung Cheol asked for Jeonghan's hand to help him sit up "What happened?" Jeonghan asked once again when the other didn't answered "I can't ... breathe"

"What?" Asked Jeonghan, he couldn't hear his leader. S.Coups's voice came out as a whisper and it didn't reach his ears.

"I can't Breathe" he repeated a little louder this time hoping that his friend will finally hear him. Jeonghan helped him sit up "What ... what can I do?" He worriedly asked but Seung Cheol didn't answer he was focusing on how to keep his breaths steady "Does it hurt?" Jeonghan asked as he saw Seung Cheol's hand on his chest and he nodded. Jeonghan sighed "Let me go call our manager" 

It took no time until the whole dorm was awake, and by the time the manager arrived, they were all wandering around like a bee hive in an alarmed situation. The manager came into the living room to find The8 and Dino sitting silently on the ground "Hey guys what's going on? Jeonghan called me and said that Seung Cheol is sick?" He asked while the others merely stared at him "Yeah he is" The8 confirms "But we were pushed outside so we don't really know what happened"

"Okay" the manager sighed "I'll go check then" He walked further inside the dorm, faint noises everywhere and it felt weird for the manager. He pushed the Leader's door room and got extreamly shocked by the view "WHAT THE ...?" He half screamed gaining the attention of the whole group "GET OUT ALL OF YOU"

"What ?" Vernon yelled followed by a "Why?" From Woozi but the manager screamed again pointing to the door "NOW ... OUT ALL OF YOU"

They were crowding up on Seung Cheol, each one of them doing something stupid to him thinking that helps. S.Coups was pinned to his bed while they looked at him from above, water everywhere, medicine and a million blanket. It looked messy ... very messy. As soon as they were all gone out, the manager hurried to Seung Cheol and helped him sit up on the bed "Hey are you ok?" He asked worridly "Yeah" the other answered

"What is it ? Are you having fever?" The manager asked as he saw the water bowl on the night stand but Cheol nodded and said "No" the manager further confirmed his statement by checking the other's temperature himself, "Then what? Did you get hurt?" Indicating the pass that was placed on his arm but Seung Cheol said "No" again however this time he said it laughing. When Seung Cheol started laughing, the manager got so confused "Sorry Hyung" the leader apologized "They are gonna kill me"

"Choi Seung Cheol you better tell me what's going on"

"Well, at first I had some rough time breathing, my chest hurt me so bad and I asked Jeonghan for help but soon, everybody was hoovering on top of me doing all of this" He stopped a little to indicate the mess arround him "And i couldnt stop them but it was ... funny" he explained as he started laughing again "and the pain started to fade away but they didint go and they just" he sighed and chukkled again "wouldnt leave me"

The manager sighed and smiled tapping on S.Coups' head "Thats because they love you" 

"No hyung they are gonna kill me" he said laughing

"Are you ok though? Does it still hurt?"

"A little"

"It's probably just stress but let me take you to the doctor anyways before they decide to make you undergo an operation of somekind"

Seung Cheol couldn't help but to laugh again and as soon as the manager opened the room's door again, they were all in front of the room just waiting "I'm taking him to the doctor you better clean this mess before we come back" he started walking while holding Seung Cheol by the arm dragging him along then he stoped again "And why don't you make some nice hot soupe or order some good food I'm sure that Seung Cheol will be hungry when he gets back" they all nodded and agreed to the proposion.

While in the car, Seung Cheol asked "Why did you do that hyung, you didny have to"

"If they love you that much, sometimes you should take advantage from it"

Seung Cheol started laughing again "Sure, 12 is a big number their love could kill me"