Ch.8 Distance

Baby Bump

Baekhyun return to his workplace after his meeting with the devil. Yes Chanyeol is a devil incarnate, whats up with that man really. They had fun together even bond together on that freaking hotel and the smaller man is confused as to why everything lead to this. Is this some up joke, not funny.

He slump on his chair as Kyungsoo walks by and sat beside him.

"Details,.."

"Well, that cafe is amazing, great food, Sehun seems to be fond of a certain barista, I tell him to get off my for the moment as I'm not interested in any romantic relationship. There, that's my date report, happy?" Baekhyun talks like a zombie while Kyungsoo rolls his eyes at him.

"What about that giant hotness that calls you into his office?"

Baekhyun sat up straight at that.

"What..how the hell did you know about that.." Baekhyun said weakly.

"Duh, I'm dating Jongin remember? He goes by the name KAI, he's Mr. Park's assistant slash friend. So, splur out those details while I sat here and clear my table." Kyungsoo said with a grimace, he knows that most of the mess on his place is from Baekhyun, revengeful .

"Ahm..well we just talk. He's quite angry actually, said I'm like a thief in the night that just left him after I had my way with him. Screw him, he's the one who has his way with me not the other way around." Baekhyun mumbled irritably while Kyungsoo nods his head every once in a while.

"Well, I'm betting there's a catch here somewhere, good Kdrama's always have twist and turns."

"You watch way too many Kdrama's Kyungie,,but anyways he said he was hooked on having with me so he's thinking about making me his slave for a certain period of time until his boyfriend return here to settle down."

Kyungsoo looks at him in surprise.

"Wow, that's straight to the point. Well what do you think,,"

"He also know's about my money problem Kyungie, I dont know how but it seems like he did some background check and now he knows that I really need to pay those lone sharks back in my hometown. He said that he'll pay me, to have with him until he got tired of me and move on. But he'll pay every single loan that I have in exchange of that.." Baekhyun said bitterly.

"What will he do if you said no."

"He'll fire me, I don't know maybe blocked me from getting any other decent job. He's evil that way, forcing me to say yes. I guess that's what I am for anyways, a e."

Yeah, no one wants me.Someone wants me just for , I'm useless and I'm not good enough for those men.

"That's quite harsh but maybe you just need to do this milk this up for all it's worth."

"Huh? I got a creepy feeling about your upcoming suggestion Kyung.."

"Accept being his lover, I repeat LOVER. Make a contract or something. If he breaks any rules on the contract the agreement between you and him will be nulled and void, oh and make sure you got some money before you dump that hot ."

"Wow, your mind is really..."

"Amazing..I know.."

"I was gonna say scary but..yeah.."

"You'll thank me later when you have that giant hot, oh so yummy man groveling down that pretty feet of yours."

--------------------------------------------------------

Baekhyun was surprisingly left alone for a week, he hasn't heard anything from his boss and he's thankful for that. No matter how much he convinces himself that the proposal from the giant is a win win situation, his mind just can't process that he will be the "other man" in the relationship, plus he can be a reason for a possible relationship break up.

Everything about this situation is wrong, it's wrong to want someone who's already taken, it's wrong to enjoy with someone who's in love with someone else. 

"Hey, Baek wanna grab lunch on the cafe? My treat." Sehun said.

Baekhyun looks up at the man in surprise. Sehun, his young boss who is drool worthy, hot and rich plus he's into him but look at him thinking about Chanyeol when Sehun is here offering himself to him.

"Sure, I'd love to."

They walk together towards the lobby, chatting up when Baekhyun saw him striding his way inside, confidence and power is oozing from the tall man, he turns his head when he felt someone staring and met Baekhyun's eyes. Intense, overpowering, shivering with the electricity only those eyes can give Baekhyun lowers his head and let Sehun takes him away.

"You'll love the coffee today, apparently Xiumin hyung has been sick these days that's why we hadn't been able to meet him but I heard he's feeling well now." Sehun cheerfully said as Baekhyun just smiles and nods his head, mind is still filled with a certain tall man who looks at him like he owns him.

Suho greeted them cheerfully and ushers them to their usual spot.

Sehun looks at Xiumin who is fighting the urge to look back at Sehun and just concentrates on his coffee art. When the two are seated Suho gave them the menu for that day, the cafe offers different menu each day.

"Well everything looks great so I'll just take the special for today how about you Baeks."

"I'll have the same."

"Plus two caramel machiato especially made by Xiumin, pls say I miss his coffee as much as I miss him." Sehun sincerely said to Suho who lifted his eyebrows at him.

"I'm one of the owners of this cafe young man, I'm not a messenger you can order around plus wouldn't it be nice of he heard all that from you? I'll take your order back to the cook, you both stay here and wait for a while okay? Enjoy." Suho walks away with an extra sway on his hips making Baekhyun giggle at the sight.

"Damn..I don't know how Kris hyung handle all of that sassiness from Suho."

"They're in love thats why. Is that Xiumin? The one with Kris on the counter area?" Baekhyun looks at the small man with cute chubby cheeks and small eyes, he is clearly a beautiful man who oozes a pinch of sensuality covered by his innocent aura.

"Yeah, he's really good at his stuff plus he's nice too, if you want to have a conversation with sense talk to him he's a great listener." Sehun said as he stares at Xiumin who is intent on ignoring him. He frowns, why would his favorite hyung ignores him?

Baekhyun looks at Sehun shrewdly, the man clearly has a huge crush on him but he seems to adore that Xiumin too, since he's bored why not play cupid and pushes the two idiots at the right direction? Yeah, both are idiots. People in love are idiots, he bitterly thought.

"Aigoo, he's the perfect man to be a boyfriend or shall we say wife? He looks too soft to be top and he looks dainty and fragile, I'll bet my friendship with Kyungie that that Xiumin guy is the perfect bottom. Looks great too from the way those men at the counter drools all over him." Baekhyun said casually while laughing evilly inside as he saw how Sehun's eyes widen in shock as his mind process what Baekhyun just said.

Sehun suddenly stood up and excuses himself while Baekhyun shakes his head at him in pity. His boss is a genius but he's clueless when it comes to dating an love and other emotional stuff.

Sehun went straight up to the bar and frowns at the men who sat there and trying to have a small talk with the small barista. 

"Xiumin hyung, can we talk?"

Kris looks at Sehun in surprise as Minseok continue designing the coffee.

"Minnie-ah, please let's talk privately." 

"It's ok  Xiumin, I'll for you just make it quick OK?" Kris gently nudges him on the arms.

When Xiumin finish his design he finally look up at the staring man who stole his heart and breaks it to a million pieces.

"OK, let's talk."

Meanwhile as Baekhyun fiddle with his phone receive a text from the jerk.

From : the hottest jerk

TONIGHT

"huh? What..tonight? What the heck does that means?"

------------------------------------------------

"Why are you ignoring me?" 

"No I'm not. I'm just busy Sehun."

"Don't try deny it hyung. I know you,no matter how busy you are you always made time for me. What's the problem now? Did I do something to offend you?"

Xiumin heave a sigh and looks up at Sehun.

"Yes you did something, you make me fall in love with you." The small man confidently said, carrying his heart on his sleeves and looking up at the man who confesses to him each and every night how in love he is with someone else.

Sehun looks at him with surprise, jaw dropped in shock. How could he? How could Xiumin fall for him when he's his confidant, his friend who listen to him blab out his feelings for Baekhyun.

"And now that you know, I hope you will understand my need to distance myself to you. Sehun I treasured the friendship and the trust you gave me, but things are different now. I need to pick the pieces of me that got broken, I need to heal myself first before I'll be able to move on, if I make it I'll return as the same Xiumin hyung who is always ready to be your friend."

​​​​​​"Xiumin hyung, I'm sorry."

"You don't need to be sorry Sehuna..love is a mysterious thing. I should be the one to say I'm sorry...for falling in love with you. Now all things are cleared we should part ways with peace in our hearts."

"Xiumin hyung, before anything else, can we have a last friendly date just like before, you know when we drunk our heads off. I'll promise not to pass out and still remember everything when we wake up." Sehun laughd awkwardly trying to end things in a lighter way.

Xiumin swallows in nervousness, he looks at Sehun and saw that the tall man is still clueless at what happen on their drunken escapades. He shook his head.

"No Sehun, I can't drink alcohol anymore plus I need sometime on my own. Well this is goodbye then. See you around Sehun." Xiumin turns around and walks inside the cafe through the backdoor as the tall man stood there in shock.

----------------------------------------------

"You look like Mr. Oh" Baekhyun greeted his boss who sat in front of him looking confused.

"Well I feel like .." Sehun relays everything to Baekhyun who looks at the small Batista doing his everyday job while ignoring Sehun who takes a peek at him every once in a while.

"Whyyou try to pursue him? I think you two will look good together."

"No. I like you Baekhyun and I already promised that I will wait for you." Sehun said as he looks at him.

"Sehun, If I like you you'll be my boyfriend since day one.."

"So are you really dumping me now" Sehun said with a pout.

"You just like me because you can't have me, you just don't like him because you know deep inside that you can have him with just a snap of your fingers. Am I right, well let me tell you now, there are many fishes in the ocean but sometimes you're hunting the wrong fish, making the better fish swim faster away from you."

"Nah, I only want him as a friend, nothing more." Sehun quietly said as he looks at Xiumin works the coffee machine.

"Here's your order, and the caramel machiatto is free of charge as by Xiumin, apparently this is a welcome gift for Bakehyun." Lay said as dumped their orders down the table.

Baekhyun looks at the coffee with two lovers on each side the two coffee art is connected by a  red string tied at the heart of the two lovers. Baekhyun is amaze by how the cartoon version of himself on one cup looks exactly like him so far.

"Wow,,he's great at his craft."

"He is, he really is."

----------------------------------

"Mr. Park we already settled the payments for Mr. Byun's debt."

"Good work Kai. Now all I have to do is wait for him."

"Chanyeol, speaking as your friend I just want to say that this thing is crazy. Why would you spend millions for this." Kai said exasperated by his boss/friend.

"To appease my conscience, much better to think that I'm paying him for than to admit that I'm attracted to him."

"Your just gonna hurt him, yourself and your boyfriend."

"What Luhan doesn't know wouldn't hurt him, just let me be for now Kai. When I'm done playing with Baekhyun then I can revert back to my old self."

"I have a bad feeling about this Chanyeol."

 

TBC

A/N : Thanks guys for those upvotes and comments.

​​​

​​