Ch.28 Retribution

Baby Bump

Chanyeol closes his eyes and thanks to the heaven for a second chance to make his little family safe and happy. He can never thank his friends enough for helping him save his fiancee from the clutches of that mafia heir. He drives out of the scene when Kai urges him to go, which is a good thing since Baekhyun is feeling stressed out of his mind making him uncomfortable. They went straight to Leo's territory for his much needed medical attention and both parents are happy that the babies inside Baekhyun are not harmed at all. It's a surprise for Chanyeol to find his cousin N waiting for them at Leo's mansion accompanied by the mafia medical team. He just shrugs his shoulders and concludes that the dating period between the two must be going well.

The building where Baekhyun was imprisoned was blown away, all traces of that scene was cleaned by Leo and his men. As to how that Mafia man hides the scene of the crime, and how the local reporters and newsgroup aren't able to report it publicly is a mystery to Chanyeol. But he won't complain whatsoever, this is a great help for him. As the heir to one of the biggest and successful companies in Seoul, media will soon hound him and Baekhyun for information and he doesn't want anything that will make his pregnant fiancee uncomfortable.

"Channiee.." 

Chanyeol looks behind him and quickly went back inside their room where Baekhyun now is, laid in the bed with a worried look on his face. Relief is visible on his face when he saw the taller man walks in.

"Hey .."

"I thought you're gone and I'm..I'm just dreaming." Baekhyun cries as he holds on to his stomach, finding comfort at his babies' movements.

Chanyeol immediately went towards the smaller man and engulfs him in a tight hug. Wanting to erase all the fears and doubts of his lover.

"Shhh...calm down baby. You're safe. You're with me now and I won't let you out of my sight again. I will keep you safe, you and our babies." Chanyeol fiercely said as he berates himself for being careless, for being the reason why his lover is now suffering from trauma.

Baekhyun sniffles and buries his face on his lover's neck. Holding on to Chanyeol's warmth, hoping that what he experienced from that crazy man is just a one-time thing for he doesn't know what will happen to his sanity if this thing happens again.

After a few moments, when Chanyeol is sure that his lover is calm enough he made him look at him, tipping his chin up with a flick of his hands.

"Tell me, did he..did he do something to you that you don't want.," Chanyeol whispers carefully as Baekhyun shakes his head.

"Nothing happens, he just scares me like . Sometimes when I sleep I can feel him inside the room doing nothing but staring at me. That made me super scared, I think he is really out of his mind. I can't sleep peacefully whenever I know he's there, it got me super stressed with worry."

Chanyeol sigh as he kisses Baekhyun's forehead.

"I am happy that you're safe. From now on let's leave that moment of our life and move forward. For our children,..."

"Chanyeol..what will you do if..if that man did something to me. Will you throw me away like trash?"

"No..I will stand by you. Believe me, no matter what happened back there I will never run out of you. I'm not saying this because of the kids, I am saying this as your lover."

"He kissed me once..."

Chanyeol gritted his teeth in annoyance as he thinks of ways on how to kill a dead man.

"I'll kill that er.."

"Channie..he's already dead.."

Chanyeol curses under his breath, anger is coursing through his veins and he will not rest until the source of this commotion has been dealt with.

Luhan.

Baekhyun still has no idea that his best friend Kyungsoo has kidnapped his ex-boyfriend Luhan, the smaller man still has no idea that Luhan is the one who started it all. 

Chanyeol looks at his lover and contemplates whether he will tell him the truth now or save it for later. Baekhyun has been the one to suffer, he has the right to know who did him wrong, he has the right to decide on what's gonna happen to Luhan.

"Babe. I have something to tell you. Promise me you will try to control your emotions for our babies. You have the right to know the truth." The taller man slowly said as Baekhyun stares at him, uneasiness creeping slowly into him.

"Okay..."

"This whole fiasco happens because of Luhan.."

Silence permeated the air after that statement as Baekhyun sit there in shock. His mind tries to process the statement. Luhan? He's the one behind his crazy ordeal? The one who is the reason for his suffering and fear?

"How did you know?"

Chanyeol tries to gauge his lover's emotions but Baekhyun is emotionless right now. Staring at him with an indifferent mask, the only thing that makes him see the real Baekhyun is his eyes.

"Kyungsoo followed him around and he hired detectives..or shall I say he contacted his best friend Jaebum to help him unveil the truth about Luhan's involvement on this. The day when we set up that retrieval plan for you, Kyungsoo left us to plan, the next thing we know he and Jaebum have already kidnapped Luhan. He's now on Kyungsoo's apartment all locked up and hidden."

Baekhyun stayed silent so Chanyeol continues with his story.

"We had some help from the mafia, Leo a mob boss personally knew Kai so he agreed to help us in return for my cousin's consent on dating with him. Leo gathers some information on the rival gang, that's the ers that kidnaps you. Jaebum was able to trace your location due to your phone, Kyungsoo has installed a tracking app on it without your knowledge. I guess your friend wants your safety that's why he did that."

"Me, Kai and Leo went to the club where we found Bambam, he recognized my name and said that he has a letter just for me. We take Bambam inside the VIP room and there he told us what happens, we take him with us after that and he relay some crucial information on how to save you, schedule, sketch, maps. Without that young man, we surely would have had a hard time saving you. Luckily, we found him."

Baekhyun tears up as he heard Bambam's name, that young man who was forced into ion, who cared for him and help him escape.

"Where is Bambam? I told him after all these I will save him.." Baekhyun said while crying.

"Don't worry about him, we got him into safety. Now Leo has already killed that gangs leader, Daniel has been killed by Jaebum, or we guess he was killed by Jaebum's fist before that place was blown up. Now..we just need you to recover before we decide on what to do with Luhan."

Baekhyun turns his head away.

"His life is not in my hands,.."

"But you have every right to show him your anger.."
"I am not angry. I just want to move on.."

"You will, but for you to move on, you have to release all the negativity away. I know deep inside, beneath the fear there is a burning anger.."

Baekhyun stayed silent for a while, contemplating what he's going to do.

"I will see him and talk to him.."

Chanyeol holds his lover's hands.

"And I will come with you."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day finally comes for the much-awaited confrontation. Luhan was left inside a baren room, no food was given to the man as he survives by drinking water, nothing else. Kyungsoo looks concern towards Baekhyun who has a cold expression on his face.

"You sure you want to do this? We can just kill him you know? Leo here can do it.." 

"Leave me out of it little man.," Leo said as he sat comfortably on the sofa, head on N's lap.

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to. I will kill Luhan for you and I'll be happy to do it by the way." Kyungsoo continues as Baekhyun shakes his head.

"I have to do this."

Chanyeol walks towards the pregnant man to assist him. They are silent as they walk towards Luhan's room which was heavily guarded by Leo's men. The two nods their head at them and opens the door. Baekhyun slowly walks in and looks at Luhan's form. He pities the man who is now slumped on the floor, very weak and frail-looking.

"You here to kill me? Do it now.." Luhan whispers as Chanyeol looks away. As much as he hates what the other man did, he shares many years with him as his lover. He is angry but there's also an emotion there deep in his heart. Regret. He regrets what happened to his lover, which made him like this.

Baekhyun grabs a chair and sat on it while Chanyeol silently stands behind.

"I am here to ask you something..why did you do it?" Baekhyun said.

They heard Luhan chuckles weakly.

"You're asking me why? Why would I want you killed? You who take everything away from me, you who steal the love of my life and acts as if that is the right thing to do? How would you feel if you're in my shoes?"

"If you treated Chanyeol right, then he will never find someone else that can love him better than you can. It is not my fault that you are a selfish , you are the one who makes your lover like that. It's always giving and take in a relationship Luhan but you just took everything from Chanyeol and gave nothing back. How is that my fault???"

"You are the reason Baekhyun!! You seduced him, you take him away from me. I am supposed to retire this year so that we can finally marry and live our lives together, it was supposed to be a surprise for him but you ruined everything for me!!!"

Baekhyun closes his eye.

"That doesn't give you the right to kill me and my babies, you are on a different level of craziness. you are evil and you should suffer as much as you made me!"

"Kill me then for I am always the bad one.."

"You will rot in prison . I will make sure of that."

Luhan just laughs crazily at that statement. He prefers being killed over going into prison. He will find a way to end his life anyway. He won't let Baekhyun has the satisfaction.

Baekhyun stops on his track as he turns back towards the crazed Luhan.

"Before I go, I just want to say I'm sorry. If I make you feel that way, but It's not my fault that Chanyeol belongs to me, because we are destined to be together. I am his better half, I am the one who is fated to be with him, that's the reason why you try to stop us from getting married, tried to eliminate me but couldn't. You can't go against the stars Luhan. Chanyeol is the answer to my prayer, I hope you will find yours too someday."

Baekhyun leaves the scene with Chanyeol who holds his hands in his much larger ones.

"I am the answer to your prayers huh?"

Baekhyun smiled at him.

"I only just remembered now, that before I met you I made a wish on a falling star.."

Chanyeol put his arms around him and hold him close.

"It's funny how I made one too before I went to the Pavilion Hotel.."

"I told you..we belong together."

TBC^^