Chapter 8

The One I Can't Live Without
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word Count: 2254

For the rest of the day, Jisoo did her best to ignore Taehyung and Mina. She knew that she was probably being rude, but she didn't know what else to do. Her emotions were barely below surface and she was worried that if she interacted with them, they would all rise above the surface and she would explode. It was hard ignoring the loving looks that they gave each other as well as the concerned looks they gave her, as if expecting her to break any moment. Focusing on her schoolwork definitely made it easier. However, that could no longer be a distraction once the teacher excused them for the day. 

Without saying a word, Jisoo, quickly began packing her bags. She could see out of the corner of her eyes Mina and Taehyung doing the same. Mina excused herself, stating that she had to go talk to one of the seniors about possibly joining a club and left. Nayeon and Jimin had already left as well. Nayeon, because her parents wanted her to come home early and Jimin because he had promised Hoseok oppa that he would meet with him to work on a choreography that they both had been working on. Inside the classroom, only Taehyung and Jisoo remained. When Mina left, Jisoo could feel Taehyung's eyes boring into hers. She knew that the whole situation was probably confusing for him, hell it was confusing for her, but she didn't know how to make the awkward situation any better. After cleaning the classroom with Taehyung's help, something which was done in silence, both Jisoo and Taehyung were ready to go home. Before they could leave Taehyung looked as though he wanted to say something, but didn't know how. He bit his lower lip, something that had always drawn Jisoo's attention to said part of his face. Releasing his lower lip, he looked like he was about to say something once more, but this time he was interrupted.

"Jisoo-ssi?"

Both Taehyung and Jisoo turned towards the door, the source of the sound, when they heard her name being called by a masculine voice. There by the door stood Jung Daehyun. Jisoo was shocked. She hadn't expected him to come looking for her. They had barely met this morning and she didn't know how she felt about him searching out for her so soon. 

"Oh, Daehyun-ssi. Was there something you needed?"

Hearing the name Daehyun, Taehyung looked back and forth between Jisoo and said boy. So this was the boy who wrote Jisoo the letter from this morning. Taehyung did not know what it was about Daehyun, but he did not like him. He didn't like the way he was looking at Jisoo, as though she was a female that he was interested in. Jisoo was entirely too good for someone like Daehyun. In fact, she was entirely too good for anyone. Taehyung couldn't stand there and allow Daehyun to take advantage of his best friend.  

"You dropped your name tag this morning in the hallway when we bumped into each other. I was also wondering if it would be possible for us to speak."

Before Jisoo could respond to Daehyun's enquiry, Taehyung responded for her. "Actually, me and Jisoo were just about to leave. I'm walking her home."

Jisoo turned her attention away from Daehyun, who was still standing at the door, and towards Taehyung. They had made no such agreement, but why was Taehyung saying that. It wasn't as though she was dying to speak to Daehyun, she barely knew him and she was always awkward around people she didn't know, but that didn't mean that Taehyung could just speak for her. She was perfectly capable of speaking for herself. Besides, she didn't like the hostile tone he was using. While it's true that Daehyun may be a stranger that didn't mean that he could talk to him like that.

Faking a smile, she walked over to Daehyun and took the name tag that he was holding out. She hadn't even realized that she had lost it. Looking into his face she realized that he seemed to be feeling awkward if his expression was anything to go by. Feeling bad for the way her friend had spoken to him, she tried to make up for Taehyung's lack of manners and spoke in a gentler tone.

"I'm sorry, Daehyun-ssi, would it be okay if we spoke tomorrow morning? I actually do have to head home right now since my dad is waiting for me."

Daehyun smiled at her and nodded. "I will wait for you before class then in front of the school."

When she nodded in response, Daehyun walked away from the door and back into the hallway, out of sight. As soon as he was gone, Taehyung walked over to her and spun her around so she was facing him. "You met Jung Daehyun? What did he say? Never mind that, did he try anything with you? I swear to god, if he did, I'm going to kill him. And please, tell me you are not going to actually meet him tomorrow." Jisoo didn't know what to make of Taehyung's words. She didn't understand why he was so mad at Daehyun, he had no reason to be, he barely knew the guy. 

"Taehyung-ah, he didn't hurt me. He was really nice." It was true, she may n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter