Chapter 6

The One I Can't Live Without
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word Count: 2096

The following morning Jisoo walked to school alone. Taehyung had texted her asking her if it was okay if he walked to school with Mina. Even thought it hurt, she said that it was fine. For the first time in what felt like forever, Jisoo walked to school alone. On the way, she couldn't help but think about what had happened last night, walking home from school with Taehyung. He had walked her home, as he usually does, but the walk home had been anything but pleasant. The whole time the both of them had been completely silent. No one had said a single word. When Jisoo finally got  home, she said a quick goodbye to Taehyung and walked into her house, not even inviting him in as she usually did. 

When she finally reached school, she saw Nayeon and Jimin waiting in their usual spot. Along with them was Hani, Nara, and Jungkook. Taehyung and Mina hadn't yet arrived. Walking over to them, Jisoo forced a smile on her face. That seemed to be the only kind of smile she was able to recently pull: a fake one. "Hey guys."

The all greeted her back. Jimin and Jungkook were talking about some latest game that had just released and Hani and Nara were talking about their homework. That left Nayeon and Jisoo to talk to each other. 

"Ji, did you talk to Taehyung?" The conversation was broached in a very careful manner by Nayeon.

"About what?"

"About Mina." It was almost as though Nayeon was scared to say Mina's name around Jisoo. She was scared that she might break. However, Jisoo was a lot stronger than she looked. Or at least, she was good at faking it. 

"No. I didn't talk to him. There's nothing to talk about. He's dating her and that's that." It was true. Jisoo had had a lot of time to think about things last night as she had lain in bed. One of the things that she had realized was that there was nothing she could do. Taehyung liked Mina and Mina liked him back. There was nothing wrong with that. It might hurt her like crazy but she had to accept it. She had to find some way to move on. It would only hurt more if she continued to wallow in self pity. Besides, the only way to save her relationship with Taehyung was if she could move on. Her relationship to him, no matter how awkward it was in the moment, was too important to give up. 

Nayeon had just been about to reply when she got interrupted. Taehyung and Mina had arrived. The both of them had linked hands, something which Jisoo tried to avoid looking at. Rather, once more, she faked a smile on her face and greeted her best friend and his girlfriend. It hurt to think of Mina as his girlfriend. That was a position that she had hoped would one day belong to her but it was time that she faced reality. She had to do so.

"Oh." Hani's voice voice startled everyone within the group. As she remembered something, she frantically reached into her bag and pulled out an envelope. With the envelope in hand, she turned to face Jisoo. 

"Unnie, I completely forgot, one of my classmates asked me to give this to you. She said that a senior classmen wrote it but he didn't want to give it to you himself."

Taking the envelope from her hand Jisoo looked at it. It was a plain yellow envelop with her name neatly printed on the front: Kwon Jisoo. Looking back to her friends, she noticed that all of them were staring at her, waiting for her to open the envelop. Nervously, she did so. When she did, she couln't believe what was written on there.  

Dear Jisoo,

You probably don't know me but I know you. That sounds really weird, right? This might be really old fashioned, writing you a letter and all, but what can I say, I'm an old fashioned guy. Anyway, my name is Jung Daehyun. I am in the same year as you but in a different class. The reason that I am writing to you is because I have always admired you from afar. You have always been someone that seemed to be happy and that is a trait of yours that I truly admire. I had been under the impression that you and Kim Taehyung were dating and therefore, I never said anything to you. Now that I know that that is not the case and Taehyung-ssi and Mina-ssi are dating, I was hoping you would be able to accept my feelings. I will eagerly wait for your answer, whatever that may be.

Love,

Jung Daehyun. 

Jisoo was shocked as she read the letter, a blush forming on her face. All she could do was stare. Jung Daehyun. The name sounded familiar but she couldn't recall who that was or if she had seen him around the school. 

"Ji, what does it say?" Nayeon's voice snapped her out of it.

"Huh, I'm sorry what?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter