Chapter 4

The One I Can't Live Without
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word Count: 2280

After the fourth movie had finished and everyone had scarfed down all of the popcorn and the jajangmyeon that had eventually arrived, all of Jisoo's and Taehyung's friends eventually left. The only three people that remained in Jisoo's house, aside from herself was Nayeon, Taehyung, and Mina. 

"I think I'm going to head out. Thank you Jisoo-ssi for allowing me to come over." Mina got up from her seat on the couch and walked over to Jisoo. What she did next was something that Jisoo definitely had not been expecting. Mina pulled her into a hug. Jisoo froze in her spot, not knowing what to do. Here was someone that she didn't know all that well hugging her. She supposed for other people this might be normal but for her, it just made her feel uncomfortable. Mina's presence, overall, made her uncomfortable and so when she was hugged her, that uneasy feeling just seemed to get worst.

Receiving no response to her hug, Mina pulled away, her smile slightly diminshed. Seeing that Jisoo felt even worse. Mina wasn't a bad person. It was just that Jisoo felt uneasy about the relationship that she had formed with Taehyung. Throughout the entirety of the fourth film, the two of them, that is Taehyung and Mina, had seemed to be lost in their own world, exchanging giggles and whispers. That used to be Jisoo and Taehyung. She felt like she was losing her best friend. Just the thought that Taehyung might feel something for Mina caused her to feel a discomfort deep within herself. She knew what the feeling was: jealousy.

"I'm glad that you had fun." Jisoo did her best to force a smile on her face. 

Noticing that the interaction between the two was done, Taehyung walked over to the pair of them. He first turned to address Jisoo. "Mina said she doesn't live too far from here. Since it's late, I'll walk her home and then come back." After he had spoken to her, he turned to face Mina. "You ready to go." Mina smiled at him and nodded. "Yup, just let me get my jacket."

Once she had gotten her jacket, the pair of them walked out the door, leaving Jisoo in the living room and Nayeon in the kitchen, washing dishes.

Not wanting to be alone, Jisoo walked into the kitchen to see Nayeon hovering over the sink. Taking a stand next to her Jisoo grabbed the towel and began to dry the dishes as Nayeon washed. Anything to get her mind off Taehyung and Mina. The two of them worked in silence for a while before Nayeon broke it. "Did everyone else leave?" 

Jisoo nodded. "Yeah, Taehyung said he would be back later. He went to go drop Mina home." Saying the last part of the sentence hurt. Nayeon, Hani, and Nara had often come over to her house before and Taehyung had never felt the need to drop them home. Obviously, Mina was a special case. That knowledge hurt. 

"You okay?" Nayeon's voice pulled Jisoo out of her thoughts. That seemed to be happening a lot recently, her getting lost in her thoughts. Once more forcing a smile on her face, Jisoo nodded. "Yeah, don't worry, I'm fine." By the look on her face, Jisoo could tell that Nayeon didn't believe her, however she didn't call her out on her lie. Something which Jisoo was grateful for. "Anyway, do you want me to stay until Taehyung gets back?" It was tempting to say yes but she knew that Nayeon's family will probably get worried about her. "No. It's okay, I'll be fine on my own."

*****

Nayeon had barely been gone for ten minutes when the front door to Jisoo's house swung open and Taehyung walked right in. Looking around, he noticed that everyone had left and that Jisoo was now sitting on a vacant couch, walking some random television show. Getting a devious thought in his head, he decided to scare her. 

He walked slowly up behind her, careful not to make a sound. It was a good thing that he had decided not to wear the house slippers when reentering the house. They might have given him away. Just as he had been about to yell and jump on her, she turned around, unamused. "You know, if you were trying to scare me at least make sure that I can't see your reflection within the T.V. Honestly Taehyung, such an amatuer move. Have I taught you nothing?" Taehyung pouted. How was it that she always managed to catch him. 

Jumping over the edge of the couch, he landed next to her. The both of them watched the drama that was unfolding on the television screen in silence. Jisoo eventually broke that silence. "Tae, it's almost midnight. Don't you have to head home soon?" Pulling his attention away from the screen, Taehyung turned to her and shook his head. "Nope, my mom and dad aren't home and my grandmother is spending the night at a friends house." Following that statement, Jisoo could see the puppy dog eyes forming on Taehyung's face. "Can I stay here tonight, I don't want to go home to an empty house. Please? Besides, you're by yourself tonight anyway. I can keep you company."

Jisoo pretended like she was seriously contemplating his request. She knew what her answer was going to be. She never could say no to Taehyung when he made that face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter