Chapter 10

The One I Can't Live Without
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word Count: 2250

A loud banging on the front door of her house woke Jisoo up. As soon as she had gotten home from school, she had quickly started to do her homework, desperately needing the distraction. Otherwise, she knew her mind would wander to the almost kiss with Taehyung and the fact that he had left her to go and be with Mina. That was something she didn't want to think about. A part of her was mad at herself for letting the situation get so far but a part of her was also mad at Taehyung for just leaving her in the classroom, not even a word spoken between them. She knew that Mina was his girlfriend but as his friend didn't she mean anything to him. Apparently not if he could just leave me like that.

The sound of the pounding on the door got louder. Whoever it was, was very persistent. Not wanting to wake her father up, who had gotten home late from the hospital, Jisoo pushed the covers off of her bed and made her way to the front door. It was raining outside and she could hear the thunder rumbling from inside her house. Looking through the peephole in the door, Jisoo gasped when she saw who was on the other side. Quickly, unlocking the door, Jisoo was now able to fully see Taehyung standing on the other side of the door, drenched from head to toe. Any anger that she had felt for Taehyung was dispelled. The only thing she could think about was that he needed to be brought into the house and dried off.

"T-Tae, what happened? Why are you just standing there in the rain, get inside the house, you will get sick."

Jisoo grabbed his hand and ushered him into the house, away from the rain. When he was just standing there in her doorway, not saying anything, Jisoo turned and went into the nearest bathroom and got a towel so he could dry off. It was when she handed him the towel, that she noticed that something was off. His eyes, they were slightly glossy and somewhat bloodshot. When he had walked into the house, he had been staggering slightly as well. He also gave off an extremely dark aura, which was uncommon for him, someone who was generally a happy person. The smell that was eminating from his clothes was one that Jisoo hadn't ever smelled but immediately knew what it was. 

"Tae, have you been drinking?"

Taehyung looked up at the mention of his name. His eyes were unfocused. "I might have had a drink or two. Or maybe five, I don't know. I lost count after the second one."

Jisoo gasped at his words. Taehyung had never before, in his entire life, drank alcohol. For him to do that, something serious must have happened. She reached out to help him but he pushed her hand away.

"I'm fine."

Jisoo knew better than to believe his words; he was anything but fine. Ignoring his attempt to push her hands away again, she firmly gripped onto his hands and pulled him in the direction of her couch. Luckily for her, he followed without putting up to much of a fight. Sitting him down on the couch, Jisoo sighed and ran a hand through her hair. She had never dealt with a drunk person before. She didn't know what to do. Namjoon oppa. He would know how to handle this. Out of all of their friends Namjoon was the most responsible so he must know what to do. 

Telling Taehyung to stay put, Jisoo ran into her room and picked up her phone from the night stand next to her bed and rushed back into the living room. She noticed that Taehyung was now lying down on the couch, curled up in a ball, with his eyes closed. Making sure that he was okay, Still breathing, thank god, Jisoo dialed Namjoon's number. He picked up on the third ring, his voice groggy from sleep. After apologizing for waking him up, she knew that he probably had to get up early for university, Jisoo explained the situation to him and told him that she had no idea what she was doing. She felt completely helpless. 

"Just try and get him to a bed and when he wakes up give him some water and a pain reliever for the headache he's going to have. He's going to have a hell of a hangover since it's his first time."

Thanking Namjoon oppa, Jisoo hung up the phone. Walking over to Taehyung, she lightly shook him being afraid that shaking him any harder would disrupt him. Taehyung opened his eyes and looked at her. She did her best to force a smile.

"Tae, let's get you to a bed."

Thankfully, he didn't protest. He allowed her to help him up from the sofa, his arms going around her shulder so that she carried most of his weight. Jisoo slightly staggered under his weight but quickly righted herself. Slowly, the pair of them made their way to her bedroom. It was odd, Jisoo had never thougth that Taehyung would be a quiet drunk. Knowing his personality, she had expected him to be a loud and boisterous drunk, but he was the exact opposite. But then again, that might have something to do with the situation. She didn't know what had happened since Taehyung left her in that classroom but she knew that it must have been bad for Taehyung to drink when he wasn't even supposed to because of his age. Did something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter