Chapter 16

The One I Can't Live Without
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word Count: 2162

Taehyung kept his hand on Jimin's shoulder, preventing him from following after Jisoo and Nayeon who had walked off in the direction of the girl's bathroom. He knew that Jisoo was probably going to talk to Nayeon about locking them in the music room and Taehyung wanted some answers for himself. Since Nayeon was currently being occupied by Jisoo, he would have to settle for asking Jimin, who he suspected had been Nayeon's accomplice. 

"What's up, Tae?"

Jimin tried to look innocent but Taehyung knew he was anything but that. Even with the innocent face, there was still a slight amount of guilt that Taehyung could detect in his eyes. It was that guilt which solidified Taehyung's idea that Jimin had something to do with Taehyung and Jisoo being locked up in the music room. Crossing his arms across his chest, Taehyung tried to make himself look bigger and more intimidating. With his physique that might have been impossible, but he could sure as hell try. And try he did. It must have had some effect, because the innocent look was wiped away from Jimin's face, leaving only the guilty face behind.

"I'm sorry. It was Nayeon's idea. I only went along with it, so she wouldn't have to do it alone. I promise. But, we were really only trying to help. She noticed that you and Jisoo hadn't talked to each other all day and so she wanted to place you in a situation that would force you to talk to each other. You know how hard it is to talk her out of something when she sets her mind to it. Sorry, Tae."

As Jimin finished speaking, Taehyung no longer felt even the slightest bit of animosity. He knew how stubborn Nayeon could be and he also suspected that Jimin's reason for going along with her plan had to do with something more than just not wanting her to do it on her own. Taehyung may be oblivious about his own feelings, but he wasn't oblivious about the feelings of those around him. He had suspected that Jimin possibly had feelings for Nayeon but he had never asked him about it. It was because of that that Taehyung decided to eventually forgive Jimin and Nayeon.

"Forget about it. Let's just go to class."

*****

Jisoo was frozen in her spot. Mina was smiling down at her. With everything that had been going on, and her being so preoccupied with ignoring Taehyung, she had completely forgotten about Mina. Seeing her smiling, Jisoo didn't know how to feel or what to do. Should she smile back? Or was that somehow inappropriate considering that she had kissed Mina's ex-boyfriend? Seeing Mina brought back the memories of the kiss, something that Jisoo had been desperately trying to ignore. It had been a nice kiss, having caused butterflies to erupt in her stomach. However, it had been for all of the wrong reason, a factor which out all of the innocence of her feelings for Taehyung.

"Mianhae, Jisoo-ssi. Are you alright?"

All Jisoo could do was nod. She desparately wanted to get out of the situation. Unfortunately for her, Mina was blocking her only exit, preventing her from doing so. Jisoo threw in a smile, hoping that it would somehow convince Mina that she was okay and that then she would move and Jisoo could escape, both Mina and the memories of kissing Taehyung and everything that came after that. Nayeon was just standing silently behind Jisoo, watching the whole thing unfold with a look of interest on her face.

"If you don't mind, I was wondering if I could speak to you after school today? I was going to ask you yesterday, but you seemed to have run off before I could find you."

Jisoo had been about to make up an excuse on why she couldn't speak with Mina after school, however, the look on Mina's face prevented her from refusing to do so. Mina had a hopeful look on her face, something that Jisoo had a hard time rejecting. She knew all too well what rejection was like, and she couldn't do that to Mina. Even if the rejection probably would not be as devastating. Forcing a smile on her face, she found herself nodding her head.

"Sure, I guess I can meet you. Where?"

Mina smiled, grateful that she had said yes. "Great, I'll see you at the rooftop after school."

Even though, she was dreading meeting Mina at the rooftop after school, everything in her screaming not to as it would only hurt her, Jisoo found herself still nodding. Mina's smile brightened and she moved towards the side, allowing Jisoo and Nayeon to pass. As soon as she was allowed a method of escape, Jisoo took it. She speed walked away from the bathroom as though her was on fire. By the time she reached the classroom, all but a few seconds had passed. Nayeon was slightly out of breathe behind her, not having expected Jisoo to high tail it out of there as fast as she had done.

Taehyung was already in his seat, after having spoken to Jimin about the whole locking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter