Chapter 22

The One I Can't Live Without
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word Count: 1741

As the week progressed, Jisoo and Taehyung continued to be happy with one another. Jisoo, who had waited for Taehyung for so long, finally had him and she couldn't have been happier. However, there was one thing that continued to bother her: The rumors. It seemed that every where in school that her and Taehyung went, there would be someone there gossiping about them behind their back. The problem probably wouldn't have bothered Jisoo if it hadn''t been for the fact that it wasn't just her name that was getting smeared, It was Taehyung's as well. At first Jisoo did her best to ignore the problem, telling herself that the talk would eventually stop. She hoped that if she ignored it for long enough that it would go away, but that didn't happen. The problem persisted. 

Jisoo didn't tell anyone else about the problem as well. She knew that if she told her friends or even Taehyung that they would just tell her to ignore the gossip and that was something that she was finding that she could not do. Everything came to a head one day in the hallway.

Taehyung and her had been walking to class, holding hands, with the rest of their friends when one of the other younger student had come up to the front of them, effectively stopping the group in their tracks. The entire groups attention was focused on the boy but the boy's attention was focused entirely on Taehyung. It was obvious that whatever he had to say, it was to Taehyung. 

"Sunbae, did you hear? Mina left the school. Everyone is saying it's because of your guys' breakup and the fact that you started dating Jisoo Sunbae right away. They're saying that she couldn't handle the heartbreak. I used to look up to you, but now I can't remember why. How could you be so cruel, Sunbae?"

The entire group was in shock. No one knew what to say. Jisoo had known that people were talking about them but no one had directly come up to them and said anything to their faces. What this junior had just done, it was shocking and appalling at the same time. The group continued to stare at the unknown boy who had very clearly just stated what majority of the school was probably thinking. However, Jisoo's attention was on someone else. Her attention was on Taehyung.

She could tell from the slight red in his cheeks and ears that he was affronted by what the boy had just said. Any traces of humor that had been present in his face before was now comepletely and effectively wiped away .He had never stated it out right but Jisoo knew that the rumors had been bothering him as well. Like her, he had done his best to ignore them but because of the boy in front of them, that was no longer possible. Taehyung had always been adored by the rest of the school and so this attack on him was something that he was unaccustomed to. Jisoo could tell that he was affected by what was happening. 

"I fail to see how this is any of your business. How do you even know that that is why Mina left, it could have been for some other reason? Before you start attacking someone's character, you should at least make sure what you're talking about is factual and not something that is based on rumors," It was Nayeon that spoke up for the rest of the group.

At her words, the junior boy at least had the decency to look embarrassed. Jisoo however, didn't notice. Her gaze was still directed in Taehyung's direction. She could see the hurt in Taehyung's eyes. He hadn't done anything to anybody, always trying his best to get along with everyone, so there was no reason why he should have to hear these words coming from other people. The problem people had wasn't even with the fact that Mina and Taehyung had broken up, it was with the fact that Taehyung was in a relationship with Jisoo so soon after the break up. The other students in the school thought that he was some kind of a player, someone that messed with a girl's heart and her feelings. However, that was the farthest thing from the truth.

Jiso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter