Chapter 15

The One I Can't Live Without
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word Count: 2335

Taehyung remained in the music room long after Jisoo had ran out. He was still having a hard time wrapping his head around the fact that Jisoo had honestly thought and believed that he would ever use her to get over Mina. He would never hurt her in that way. As he was coming to realize his feelings for Jisoo, he was also starting to doubt any feelings that he may have had for Mina. He had liked her, that was true, but he no longer believed that he had liked her the same way in which he liked Jisoo. With Mina, he had always felt as though, he needed to be someone that he didn't know if he really was. With Jisoo, he didn't have that feeling. He could be just himself. Jisoo had always been the one girl, besides the women in his family, who meant the most to him and he didn't want her to live with the belief that he could ever do something like use her. He didn't want her to think he could ever hurt her.

Hurting her was like hurting himself. Seeing her tears earlier, he had felt as though someone was stabbing him. It had physically hurt him to see her get hurt. It was something that he knew he would do anything in his power to prevent from ever happening again.

Sitting on that piano bench, Taehyung remembered all of the good times that he's had with Jisoo throughout the years. There was the time when they went camping together for the first time. She had been fifteen and he had been sixteen then. Taehyung had managed to get them lost in the woods, having convinced her that it would be okay for them to go in a separate direction then their classmates had been going in. She had gotten so mad and hadn't spoken to him for a whole week after they got back from their trip. When he had begged her, she had finally caved in and started speaking to him, telling him that she had had a hard time not speaking to him. Their relationship had always been one of the most beautiful thing in Taehyung's life and for the first time, those beautiful moments seemed more to him than just moments between best friends.

Looking back on those moments in the music room, Taehyung came to one conclusion: He could not lose Jisoo. He had just finally begun to realize his feelings for her and so he would not lose her. He didn't know if she felt the same way that he did, but what he did know was that he was in no way using her to get over Mina, His feelings for her were stronger than what he had felt for Mina and so, he wouldn't allow her to slip away. He would do whatever it took to convince her that she was wrong; he was not using her. He had always, to a certain extent, taken Jisoo's relationship with him for granted. He would fight for her. Taehyung knew that Jisoo would not be talking to him, that she would ignore him because she had lost faith in him because of her idea that he had been using her. It was up to Taehyun to prove her wrong. He would prove to her that he had kissed her because he truly had wanted to, it hadn't been a mistake, and that he wasn't looking for a replacement for Mina.

Taehyung walked out of the music room, a determined look on his face. Just like he had done during their camping trip and Jisoo had been mad at him, he wouldn't give up on trying to get her to talk to him, he would beg again if need be. He would definitely make her see that she was wrong. He wasn't using her, but rather, he genuinely liked her. Jisoo could be stubborn when she wanted to be, but Taehyung knew his best friend. He was determined to win her over. He had to win her over. She was the one person that he couldn't live without. 

*****

The following morning, Jisoo woke up to her father shaking her awake. It was unusual for her father to be waking her up. Most of the time, he would be at work by the time she woke up and on the rare occasion that he was home, he usually allowed Jisoo's alarm to wake her up. Slightly confused as to what was going on, Jisoo sat up in her bed and acknowledged her father.

"Someone is here to see you. They're downstairs."

Before she could question her father, who it was, he walked out of her room to go god knows where. Jisoo walked into her bathroom and brushed her teeth. Coming out slightly more awake she finally decided to go see who was waiting for her. When she had gotten home the previous day, she had still had tears running down her face. She had curled up an her bed and, without completing any of her homework assignments, she fell asleep, unaware that she had done so. When she woke up, her head had felt slightly heavy, but she persevered through it. Her friendship with Taehyung was over and starting from today, she would begin moving on.

Walking down the stairs, she had expected to see Nayeon and Jimin, or one of her other friends waiting for her. The one person who she hadn't expected, nor wanted to see was the face that she was met with, however.

"What are you doing here?"

Taehyung was in her living room, waiting for her with a smile ever present on his face. She wanted to melt at the sight of his smile, it always being something that she had loved about him, but she didn't. She willed herself not to react, re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter