Chapter 14

The One I Can't Live Without
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The air between the two teenagers was awkward. Neither Jisoo nor Taehyung knew what to say. Heaving a sigh when she saw that Taehyung wasn't about to say anything, Jisoo walked over to the piano that was placed in one corner of the room and sat down at the bench. Taehyung watched her go. He knew that he should say something but he didn't know what to say. This had never happened to him before. His relationship with Jisoo had always been comfortable. He had never not been able to talk to her. Clearing his throat, he knew he would have to speak first.

"Are you sure that you're okay? You didn't get hurt right?"

Jisoo looked towards him at the sound of Taehyung's voice. A large part of her was extremely grateful that he had spoken first. She didn't know if she would have had the courage to start a conversation.

"I'm fine. Don't worry."

Taehyung nodded in response to what Jisoo said. Now what? What else am I suppposed to say? As Taehyung tried to think of a way to continue the conversation, Jisoo took pity on him and decided to speak up again.

"Why do you suppose they trapped us in here?"

It was something that she was genuinely curious about. Why would her friend trap her in the music room with Taehyung. Nayeon had never done anything like it before. Sure, she had had some crazy plans but never had they directly forced anything upon Jisoo. Jisoo was usually the person that Nayeon used as an assistant in the carrying out of her plans. This time, though, she had used Jimin to help her. That posed another question to Jisoo: why had Jimin gone along with Nayeon's plan?

"Your guess is as good as mine. I have no idea."

Jisoo nodded. Once more, the two teenagers fell into a silence. It seemed that recently more so than ever, their relationship seemed to be falling prey to more awkward silences. Before the two had been able to converse easily with one another. Now, they each had to think before they said anything. Jisoo, in fear of again being compared to Mina, something that she was obviously having a hard time getting over, and Taehyung for fear that by saying something, he would be giving away hints about his newly discovered feelings. He had barely realized that he felt something for Jisoo, he still didn't know how to act in lieu of those feelings. One thing still kept on bugging him, though. He had wanted to ask her but he hadn't because he had been so consumed by his thoughts on his feelings. Setting those thoughts aside for aminute, he finally decided to just ask, taking a few steps closer to her to do so. He stopped about two feet away from her and finally asked. 

"Why did you rush out and leave like that on Saturday?"

Jisoo froze at his question. She had been expecting it since this morning, but she still hadn't prepared an answer. She knew that she couldn't let him know the truth about what he had unconciously said to her, but she also didn't know how to lie to him. Taehyung had always been able to tell when she lied so for her, it was impossible to lie straight to his face. Still, she made an attempt, crossing her fingers behind her back that he wouldn't ask any more questions.

"I just didn't want my dad to get worried."

Taehyung didn't believe her. He could recall telling Jisoo that he had texted her dad about her staying the night. He wouldn't have worried about his daughter, knowing that she was with Taehyung. Another thing was her hands were behind her back and her gaze turned away from him and towards the window, staring out at the field of the school. Jisoo was also biting her lower lip, a sure tell sign that she was lying. Her lower lip placed between her teeth, however, drew Taehyu attention directly to said part of her face. She has nice lips.

Without being aware of what he was doing, Taehyung took a few steps closer to the piano and sat down on the bench next to her, who had been sitting off to one side. He was sat facing her, as her body was turned slightly towards the right to face him.

"Liar."

Taehyung's voice was barely above a whisper, but it completely changed the air around them. What had been an awkward atmosphere before was now filled with a new kind of tension. Jisoo had always loved Taehyung's voice, the deep baritone something that she had always found y. When he spoke those words, it sent a chill down her spine. She lost her ability to speak. All she could do was open and close . Trying to gain her shaky breathe under control, Jisoo knew that she should respond to what he had said. 

"I'm not lying?"

She had meant for it to come out as a statement but rather, it had come out as a hushed question. Taehyung, on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter