Chapter 11

The One I Can't Live Without
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word Count: 2786

"Mina broke up with me."

Jisoo didn't know how to react to what Taehyung had just said. She hated to admit it, but the devious part of her was slightly happy that the pair had broken up. She knew that she was being selfish, but she hadn't like seeing Taehyung with Mina and knowing that she wouldn't have to see them together anymore, made her slightly happy. Looking at him, it was obvious, especially after last night, that he was hurting. Seeing that, she felt guilty. She shouldn't be happy about her friends misery. Jisoo wanted to comfort him but, honestly, she didn't know how. She had never been in a relationship before, and neither had Taehyung. She didn't know what to do in this situation. How does one comfort someone after they've been through a break up?Is there something specific that I should say? She thought about reassuring him that there were other people out there and he would find someone again, but that felt like the wrong thing to say. That was probably the last thing he wanted to hear at that point. Not being able to come up with anything, Jisoo moved over to where he was sitting and stood behind him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer to her. 

"I'm sorry."

Feeling her arms wrapped around his neck, Taehyung turned around in his seat and wrapped his arms around her waist, burying his face in her chest. As they stood there, Jisoo could feel her shirt becoming slightly damp. She tightened her hold on her best friend and her hand went into his hair, massaging his scalp as she tried to comfort him the only way that she knew how to. No other words were spoken between them, they stood like that in silence.

The silence was broken by Jisoo's father walking into the kitchen. Seeing the two kids wrapped up like that, he cleared his throat to make them aware of his arrival. At the foreign sound, Jisoo looked over to see her father standing there, dressed and ready to go to work. Knowing that the way she and Taehyung were standing probably looked really weird, Jisoo let go of Taehyung, who quickly dried his face with the sleeves of his shirt and turned to face her father, who seeed to have a smile on his face. That was until he noticed the look on Taehyung's face. Then it became serious. 

"Taehyung-ah, what happened? Is everything okay? Are you okay?"

Taehyung and Jisoo shared a look with one another, trying to silently come to a conclusion on what to say and whether they should say anything at all, and then turned back to her father. "I'm fine. No worries."

Jisoo's father didn't look like he believed Taehyung and Jisoo could tell that he was still worried about him. He had been about to open his mouth to question Taehyung some more, when Jisoo interrupted, knowing that Taehyung wouldn't want to discuss what was wrong with her father. 

"Appa, I made food. Have a seat and I'll get you some." Jisoo had been about to get up and set a place for her father, when he stopped her.

"No, I'll pick up something on the way to work. I'm running late as it is. I just wanted to let you know that I will be late today, my shift doesn't end until midnight. I have a few surgries scheduled for today. Are you going to be okay, the both of you?"

Jisoo knew that her father was worried about Taehyung, the last part of his sentence uttered while looking at him. Her father viewed Taehyung as the son that he never had, and so for him, worrying about Taehyung came as naturally as worrying about Jisoo. In response to the question that he asked, Jisoo nodded and faked a smile on her face. "We'll be fine, appa. We'll just get ready and go to school. Don't worry. Drive safely to work."

Her father nodded, and walked over to Taehyung, who had remained silent the whole time. Patting him on the back, Jisoo's dad walked out of the kitchen and out the front door. 

Hearing the front door closed, Jisoo turned back to Taehyung, who just seemed to have a blank expression on his face. This really worried Jisoo. Walking back over to him, Jisoo placed a hand on his shoulder. That seemed to pull him out of whatever trance he had been in, because he looked up at her, his expression not changing. The hurt was still present in his eyes. Jisoo knew that he needed somone to talk to. He needed to vent about what happened. If he just kept everything bottled in then it wasn't healthy. 

"Tae, can you please tell me exactly what happened?"

Taehyung looked at her for a while, before sighing and then finally telling her what had gone down last night in detail, after he had left the classroom.

*****

Taehyung had run after Mina, catching her just as she was about to leave the school. He grabbed onto her waist and spun her around. He was just about to begin talking and explaining himself when he froze as soon as he saw her face. Mina had tears streaming down her cheeks and more falling from her eyes. Taehyung had never seen her cry before and he didn't know what to do. The only girl that he had experience with comforting was Jisoo and even then it wasn't a vast amount of experience. How am I supposed to comfort an upset girlfriend?  

"M-Mina." All he could do was just stare at her, feeling guilty even thought he hadn't done anything wrong.

"Taehyung-ah, let me go." Mina tried to escape his grasp, but he held on tight to her wrist and shook his head. Taehyung knew that he had to explain himself. 

"I can't. I can't let you go. Not without explaining myself. Mina, I swear, what you're thinkning is wrong. There is nothing between me and Jisoo. We are just really good friends."

Saying those words somehow felt wrong to Taehyung, the words 'nothing' and 'Jisoo' didn't belong in the same sentence. To him, ever since they were young, Jisoo had been one of the most important people in his life. In fact, many times, he had thought she was his everything. It didn't feel right to say that their was nothing between them. What they had was the best and most purest form of friendship he knew of. That was definitely not nothing.

"You guys can't be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter