Chapter 5

The One I Can't Live Without
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word Count: 2047

When Jisoo had finally managed to calm down, her and Nayeon walked out of the bathroom and to the classroom. When she finally got to her seat she noticed that Taehyung and Mina were both not there yet. Choosing to ignore it, she sat down and got out her notebook for math. She had already missed class yesterday because of her panic attack and so it was really important that she pay attention now so she didn't fall behind. Looking at her wrist watch, she noticed that class was just about to start. There was barely three minutes left before the teacher would walk thorugh the door. Taehyung, where the hell are you?

Just as she had that thought, Taehyung walked through the door followed by Mina. His signature box smile was on his face, but it was different. His smile seemed brighter than usual. It seemed to stretch fromone side of his face to the other. At first she was confused. What could possibly be making him so happy. It didn't take long for her confusion to be cleared up. Looking down, she noticed that his hands were linked to Mina's. Lookign back up again, she noticed for the first time that the huge smile was also reflected on Mina's face. Jisoo didn't need to be told, she already knew what had happened.

Taehyung had asked Mina out while Jisoo and Nayeon had been in the bathroom. By the looks of those smiles and the intertwined hands, it was obvious that she had said yes. Why wouldn't she? Taehyung was one of a kind of a person.  

Taehyung guided Mina towards their seat and when his eyes landed on her, he winked. All Jisoo could do was force a smile on her face and hide the fact that her heart was breaking. 

Jisoo didn't have to gather her thoughts before Mrs. Kim, their teacher, walked into the classroom and began the lesson. Throughout the lesson, Jisoo tried her best to pay attention. Unfortunately she couldn't. The only thing that seemed to catch her attention is the many times that Taehyung and Mina seemed to look up from their own books and towards each other, smiling each time. 

The first couple classes past in a similar manner. Once the last class before lunch finally ended, Jisoo couldn't help but let out a relieved sigh. At least she would no longer have to deal with Mina and Taehyung making eyes at each other. As soon as their English teacher walked out of the classroom, Jisoo was ready to walk out of the room with Nayeon. She just wanted to go somewhere were she could gather her thoughts and emotions. Unfortunately for her, Taehyung turned around in his seat to face her as soon as the teach left, destroying all her hopes to get out of the classroom.

"Jisoo-yah, thank you for the advice you gave me this morning. It worked." In order to prove his point, he raised his and Mina's hands, which was apparently still intertwined. Jisoo once more forced a smile on her face. It must have been a convincing smile because both Mina and Taehyung's smile seemed to get bigger as a result. Before Jisoo was forced to come up with a fake congratulatory sentence to tell them, she was saved by Jimin. He and Nayeon had walked over from their seats to join them.

"What are you guys talking about?" 

Turning around to face them, Taehyung finally broke the 'happy' news. Showing his hands to Jimin and Nayeon he told them what Jisoo already knew. "I asked Mina out and she said yes."

Hearing the new, the first thing Nayeon and Jimin did was move their heads towards Jisoo, who still had the fake smile on her face. They both knew that she was anything but happy. She was heartbroken. Out of all of them, Jisoo was closest to Taehyung. Unlike them, however, she had feelings for him that ran beyond friendship. They knew that behind that smile, her heart was breaking. Jimin was the first to recover. Turning to face Taehyung and Mina, he forced a smile on his face as well. "Congrats."

Nayeon didn't say anything. She was pissed at Taehyung. He might not be doing it intentionally, but he was still hurting her best friend. Her anger might not be justified, but she still felt it. Turning to face Jisoo, she ignored the rest of their group. Her only concern was her friend. 

"Jisoo, you want to go get food with me. I didn't bring anything from home." 

Thankful for the distraction and the chance to get away from Taehyung and Mina, Jisoo nodded and got up from her seat quickly.

"Yeah, let's go." She was so thankful for Nayeon in that moment.

Just as they had been about to leave, Jimin caught up with them, not wanting to be left alone with Taehyung and Mina. Taehyung may

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter