Chapter 12

The One I Can't Live Without
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word Count: 2185

When Taehyung's mother opened the door, she was shocked to see Jisoo on Taehyung's back. During the walk over, Jisoo had fallen asleep and as a result of that, Taehyung's mom thought that something was wrong. 

"Oh my god, what happened? Is she okay?"

Looking over his shoulder it was the first time that Taehyung noticed that the girl on his shoulder had fallen asleep. That's why she was so quite the whole time.Taehyung smiled and looked back towards his mother, shaking his head to let her know that everything  was fine and that there was nothing to worry about

"Eomma, she's fine, don't worry. She just fell asleep. I guess she was really tired. I'll just put her in my room."

Taehyung's mother stepped aside and allowed Taehyung to walk into the house. Walking in, Taehyung walked up to his room and pushed the door open to enter. His room was slightly messy, a few clothes had been carelessly tossed onto a chair by his desk, but thankfully the bed was clothes free. Leaning down and using one hand to nudge the cover over to one side, the other on his back to prevent Jisoo from falling off, he gently deposited her on the bed. When she was safely laying down, he took off her shoes and placed the cover over her. Taehyung watched as she pulled the cover closer to her body, being comforted by the warmth that it provided. He couldn't help but chuckle at the soft snore leaving her body. She looked so peaceful when she slept. Almost like an angel. 

Realizing that it was probably creepy that he was just staring at his best friend as she slept, he moved into the bathroom to change his clothes. When he returned, Jisoo was still sleeping. Not wanting her father to worry about her when he got home from work, Taehyung shot off a quick text to him letting him know that Jisoo had crashed at his place. He knew that her father would be okay with it. They slept over at each other's places enough for him to be cool about that sort of thing. Her father didn't worry about Jisoo being around Taahyung because he knew that Taehyung wouldn't let anything happen to her. Taehyung went over to the side of the bed not occupied by Jisoo and laid down, pulling the cover over himself. Pulling his best friend close to him, he fell asleep, a sense of peace overtaking his body.

*****

The first thing Jisoo realized when she woke up was that she wasn't in her bedroom. As she looked around, she took in the familiar surrounding of Taehyung's bedroom. The second thing she realized was that she was very closely pulled up against someone's body. Looking over at the clock, she realized it was 9am. Her stomach growled, reminding her that she hadn't had anything to eat last night. I must have fallen asleep on Taehyung on the way back. Trying to free herself from Taehyung's grasp, Jisoo was only pulled closer to him. Taehyung started grumbling.

"Mm, Mina, let's just sleep." 

Jisoo froze when she heard the name of the other girl falling from Taehyung's lips. She didn't want to admit it but that hurt. After the events of yesterday and the happy time that they were having together, she had thought that Taehyung might have been getting better, that the pain had been easing up slightly. Apparently not.

Not wanting to think about Taehyung and what he had just said, she tried once more to escape from Taehyung's grasp. This strangely reminded her of the morning before when she had tried to escape from him as well. In the process, she woke him up.

Feeling movement under his arm, Taehyung woke up and saw that he had a really tight grip around Jisoo. Feeling slightly groggy, he looked over at the clock next to her side of the bed. 

"It's barely 9 o'clock. We don't have school this Saturday, so why the hell are you up so early?"

Realizing he was awake, Jisoo looked him in the eye. "I have to get home. My dad is probably worried. I didn't text him last night. Taehyung-ah, let me go. I have to get up."

Jisoo desperately wanted to get away. She didn't want to face the fact that it was Mina that Taehyung wanted to be waking up next to, not her, never her. Her mind kept replaying the idea that he had thought that she was Mina. She wasn't Mina and she never would be. She was about to push Taehyung's hand away forcefully, when Taehyung tightened his grip even further, preventing her from doing so. It wasn't tight enought to hurt her, but just to keep her in her place. He could sense that something was wrong and he had no idea what it was. He was confused.

"I texted your dad to let him know that you stayed the night at my place. It's fine. Relax."

Jisoo didn't know if she could relax. Every minute that she spent with him since he had called her Mina in his groggy state was just a constant reminder of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter