Chapter 9

The One I Can't Live Without
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word Count: 2019

"I knew you that you were in love with Taehyung-ssi."

The last part of Daehyun's sentence really shocked Jisoo. How was it possible that someone that she barely knew was so aware of her feelings when the person for whom she had these feelings was completely ignorant of them. She had thought that she had done a good job of hiding her feelings. Even if all of her friends, with the exception of Taehyung, knew, she had thought that no one else knew. Apparently she had been very wrong.

"W-what are you talking about Daehyun-ssi. I-I'm not in love with Taehyung. H-He's my best friend."

Jisoo's stuttering probably gave her away but at that point she didn't care. She was more worried about the fact that her feelings might be obvious. Does that mean that even Taehyung can tell? Dear god, I hope not. 

Seeing her lost in thought, Daehyun couldn't help but smile. It was obvious that his observation had shocked her. While it's true that his observation hurt him, it was also really funny to see her becoming flustered. The slight redness to her cheeks made her cuter than she already was. 

"It's okay, Jisoo-ssi. You can be honest with me, I won't mind. I've seen the way you look at him."

Jisoo didn't know how to reply. Thankfully, she didn't have to reply. Nayeon walked up to her and got her attention. "Ji, we are going to be late if we don't go to class now. Daehyun-ssi, I'm going to steal my friend back if you don't mind."

Daehyun simply smiled and nodded to Nayeon. Then he turned to face Jisoo who was still slightly shocked about what he had said earlier. "Jisoo-ssi, I'll talk to you later. You should go to class otherwise you'll be late. About what you said earlier, I understand, so don't worry about it."

With those words, Daehyun turned around and walked in the direction of his own classroom. Nayeon pulled Jisoo in the direction of their own friends who were waiting for them so they could all go to class together. As Jisoo walked over towards them, she noticed that Taehyung's eyes remained glued to her, his mouth in a frown. Just looking at her best friend reminded her of Daehyun's words. She couldn't look him in the eyes for fear that if Daehyun could read her feelings just by her looking at Taehyung than whose to say that Taehyung wouldn't realize her feelings by the same method. 

Taehyung, on the other hand, had been staring at Jisoo ever since she walked away from him to go talk to Daehyun. His friends had been having a conversation about going to the movies on the weekend but he hadn't been paying attention. He had been too busy staring at his best friend conversing with the boy that he knew had feelings for her. Watching them converse with each other, Taehyung could feel an uneasy feeling welling up within him. He had to fight against the urge to go over there and drag Jisoo back to him and the rest of their friends. Seeing her blush at whatever Daehyun said only seemed to make the feeling worst. That was when he had reminded Nayeon that it was almost time for them to go to class and that she should go get Jisoootherwise they would be getting late.

They all arrived in the classroom a few minutes before the teacher. As a result, they had a few minutes to chat with one another. As soon as Jisoo sat down, Taehyung turned around to face her. 

"So, what was it that you and Daehyung talked about?"

Despite him trying to pass off the question as just mere curiousity, Jisoo knew better. She knew that he wasn't happy about her speaking to Daehyun, she didn't know why, and so his question was his way of prying without trying to make it obvious. His blatant interest coupled with his unsuccessful effort to hide it put a smile on her face, however, she knew that she wasn't going to tell him what they had talked about. It wouldn't be fair to Daehyun.

"Nothing."

Taehyung wasn't satisfied with that answer. He wanted to pry some more but couldn't because right at that moment, Mina arrived. Sending her a look that let her know that they would continue this conversation later, he turned around to face his girlfriend. It still hurt Jisoo to think about Mina as his girlfriend but she knew that she had to accept it. Taehyung had made his choice and it wasn't her. She hadn't even been an option. Maybe if she told herself that enough times, it would get to a point where she would believe it. 

She turned her gaze away from Taehyung and Mina and focused instead on pulling out her notebooks and what not. As soon as she had everything rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter