Chapter 21

The One I Can't Live Without
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word Count: 2031

When Jisoo walked back to the classroom, she was still fuming. She couldn't believe that people had the audacity to talk about someone behind their back. It shouldn't have been something that surprised her, after all, she knew that people could be like that, however, it still frustrated her to no end. The anger must have been written on her face because when she sat down, all of her friends turned to look at her. They all seemed to have a worried look on their face. Like everyone else, they had never really seen Jisoo get angry. 

"Soo, are you okay?" It was Taehyung who spoke up first.

Jisoo let out a huff and shook her head. "No. I'm not fine. I just ran into the most insufferable pair of girls in the bathroom. I swear to god, they pissed me off. I mean, if your going to talk about someone, at least do it to their face. If you go behind a person's back and speak about them than that just makes you a coward. Your talking about someone without even giving them a chance to defend themselves. You could possibly be ruining someone's reputation and your doing it in such a callous way. I mean honestly, it just pisses me off that people like that can exist."

All of her friends and Taehyung stared at her as she ranted on and on. They looked back and forth between her and each other. It was like they were staring at someone else entirely, not their friend, Jisoo. Jisoo was always someone that was demure and looking at the girl in front of them ranting, demure was the last word they would use to describe her. They all couldn't help but wonder what the girls had been talking about that would make her go into such a passionate rage. Being unable to contain his curiousity, Jungkook asked her what they all wanted to know. 

"Noona, what did the girls say that was so bad?" 

Jisoo looked at him like he was crazy. Is he honestly asking me that? Was I not clear already? Seeing the confused look on everyone's face, Jisoo calmed down slightly. She had forgotten in the midst of her rant that the rest of them hadn't gone to the bathroom with her. They were genuinely confused about what it was that had irritated her to such an extent. Looking over at Taehyung, who was seated next to her, and seeing the expectant expression on his face, she felt her stomach drop. She didn't want to tell him what those girls had been talking about. She knew that he would pretend like everything was okay, but on the inside, the words of those girls would really hurt him. Taehyung might come off as someone who doesn't care about how other people view him, but to a certain extent, doesn't everyone? Isn't it only human to care?

She knew that she couldn't tell him. She couldn't be the reason that he got hurt. Jisoo wracked her brain for what she could say to answer Jungkook's question.

"They were just talking about one of the guys in our class. Some of the things they said were really mean. Sorry, I didn't mean to go of on a tangent like that. Nevermind me."

Jisoo was really grateful that her voice remained steady throughout the whole time that she had been speaking. She had never been the best liar but her friends seemed to believe her. And also, technically, she hadn't completely lied. The girl had been talking about Taehyung but they had also mentioned . Also, the things that they had said had been really mean. Luckily for her, her friends all shrugged off what she said and went back to eating and conversing with one another. Taehyung stared at her for a while longer, but when she smiled at him, he also turned back to the rest of their friends. Before doing so, however, he reached down and grabbed a hold of one of her hands and squeezed it.

With that gesture, Jisoo felt someone of her irritation from earlier melt away and she also was able to take her mind off of the horrendous girls from the bathroom and focus on her friends and enjoy the rest of the lunch break.

*****

The matter had been completely forgotten by Jisoo afterwards. She had once more focused on her friends and school work, not bothering to remember two insignificant and intentionally cruel girls. That was until Taehyung brought the matter up again as they walked home.

"So, do you want to tell me, honestly, why you went off on a rant like that during the lunch break?" His voice had been steady as he asked the question that he had been wondering about all day.

Jisoo had been swinging her and Taehyung's intertwined hands back and forth as the walke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter