Chapter 7

The One I Can't Live Without
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word Count: 2041

Seeing the boy standing in front of her, Jisoo was shocked. This is Jung Daehyun. This is the boy who sent me the letter. Ever since she got that letter, she had been wondering who the sender was. Now, she finally had a face to put to the words and the name that had caused her to have such a chaotic morning. She was frozen in her place, just staring at the boy who seemed to be doing the same to her. The only difference, he had a smile on his face and Jisoo was pretty sure her face was blank. She didn't know how to feel. All she knew was that the atmosphere between them, at least on her part, was awkward. Thankfully, she didn't have to respond because she was saved by a voice calling her name from behind. Turning around, she came face to face with Nayeon. 

Nayeon was comig towards her, the rest of her friends no where to be seen, something that Jisoo was eternally grateful for. She didn't know how she would face the rest of her friends, Taehyung in particular, after her comment about Mina. 

"There you are. I was looking all over for you. Everyone is already in class. Come on let's go, otherwise, we will be late and I don't want you to get into anymore trouble."

Nayeon hadn't noticed Daehyun standing with Jisoo, but when she did, she stopped trying to convince her friend to hurry up. Daehyun just smiled at Nayeon and once more addressed Jisoo.

"You should listen to your friend Jisoo-ssi. I'll see you around and I'll anticipate your response."

With that Daehyun turned around and walked away, books in his hand, towards his own classroom. Jisoo was still stunned. The last part of his parting words still rang in her mind. I'll anticipate your response. She just knew that he was referring to the letter that he had sent for her this morning. She wasn't allowed to ponder on his words for too long, however, because Nayeon grabbed her hand and dragged her away. "Come on Ji, we are going to be late."

The both of them reached the classroom a few seconds before the teacher. Nayeon let out a sigh of relief. At least the weren't late. Jisoo noticed that Jimin, Taehyung, and Mina were already in their seats. Not wanting to face Taehyung after her jealousy driven comment from this morning, she avoided looking at him and quietly walked to her seat as Nayeon walked to hers besides Jimin. As she walked to her seat, she could feel Taehyung's gaze on her. However, he didn't say anything, something that she was thankful for.

The morning classes went by really quickly. Absorbed in her school work, Jisoo was able to forget momentarily everything that had occured this morning from her offhanded comment to the encounter with Daehyun. However, when lunch rolled around, she was forced to face it again thanks to Nayeon. When their teacher left the classroom, Nayeon walked over to Jisoo's desk, Jimin trailing behind her, and perched herself on it. 

"So, are you going to tell me who that guy was with you in the hallway?" The tone of her voice was teasing. Nayeon knew that Jisoo was in love with Taehyung but there was nothing wrong with teasing her about other guys as well. Seeing her face turn red was just an added bonus.

"He was just someone that I accidentally knocked over."

Jisoo tried to keep her voice even. Daehyun-ssi was someone more than just someone that she knocked over but she didn't want to reveal that to her friends just yet. She would feel awkward talking about him in front of Taehyung because of this morning. Unfortunately for her, Nayeon was a very persistent person.

"There seemed to be more than just that."

Jisoo was just about to deny everything again, when Taehyung, who had been following the conversation jumped in and interrupted.

"What guy are you talking about?"

Nayeon turned to Taehyung, a smile present on her face. There was something in Taehyung's voice that made it obvious that he was somewhat affected by what was being said. He may have a girlfriend but he definitely cared about Jisoo and her well being. As nice as Mina seemed to be, Nayeon just knew that Taehyung and Jisoo were perfect for each other. If it took making him a little jealous to get him to see it than so be it. Nayeon didn't want to hurt Mina, but at the same time, she knew that Mina couldn't be right for Taehyung; the both of them barely knew each other. Taehyung needed someone who understood him and his occasional 4-D ways and no one did that better than Jisoo.

"When I was looking for Jisoo, I found her in the hallways talking to this guy. I didn't know him but he seemed really happy to be talking to her."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter