Last Flashback

7 Fathers

Chapter 9: Last Flashback

"Did Aeri asked to call you Eomma," Jin asked.

"Yeah."

"Why," Taehyung looked at you.

"Why what?" You asked back, to clarified his question.

"Why Aeri wants to call you Eomma?" Taehyung paraphrased the question again.

You let out small sigh.

"She learnt about family at school. Her teacher said happy family start with father and mother. She said she already has Appa but don't have Eomma. That's why she want to call me Eomma. Besides she said she was jealous when her friends have mother and called their mother Eomma. She don't have one. So she want one too."

All the them looked at you with disbelieve. That definitely one of her reason. But they know it is more than that.

You chuckled at their expressions. Yeah! Kids can be blunt and innocent sometimes. 

"That doesn't mean she can call you Eomma. You are too young to be a mother you know," Jimin grinned to you, showing his teeth.

"Didn't you guys also too young to be fathers?" You grinned back at him.

"Well, we are different," Jimin propped his elbow on the kitchen counter. "People don't know we have adopted children. Besides, we have been with the kids since they were born to this world. You can say no if you don't want to. You know people will give you strange look when they hear the kids call you Eommaa."

You just laughed. Yeah! Some parents at Aeri's school did look at you with weird expression when Aeri told them 'this is my mother'.

"Yeah, what's Jimin said is right. You're still young. You can't have the kids calling you Eomma in front of people," Hoseok said to you. "It will ruin your image. Your boyfriend will be angry when he know about this."

"What are you talking about! I don't-I don't have any boyfriend!" Your cheeks flushed.

 

"You...you don't?" All the boys looked at you again. 

 

You shook your head slowly.

"Yah y/n, you need to date a lot of men before you get married," suddenly Yoongi said to you with his playful voice. 

"All men will be scared to flirt with her Hyung when they heard the kids call her Eomma. You can't even date y/n-ah," Jimin grinned showing his teeth. 

"Yah Hyung! What are you talking about?" Jungkook slapped Jimin's thigh. "Why would she go on a date!"

"Yea! Why would men want to flirt with her," Taehyung locked Jimin's neck in his gripped and pretend to choking him. 

"Don't talk nonsense thing like that! I-I-I'm not going to date anyone now. I need to stabilize my life first!" Your flustered tone cracked their smile.

 

Your flashback popped out when you heard loud chirping around the sunflowers that you planted with Aeri and Haneul when you first move into the house.

 

"Unnie, let's plant these seeds," Aeri showed a packet of seeds in her hand. "Appa buy it for us."

"What seed is it?" You asked back.

"Sunflower," Haneul replied shortly. "Let's make this house your home too."

 

You smile when you reminisced about your first move into this house. You always thought Haneul is the serious one since he didn't have many words before and his words seems cold but his gaze is warm. That's why you were kind of shock when Hoseok told you that Haneul begged them to take you along with them to Seoul.

 

"It's true. He even bowed down and asked us. That's how much you mean to him," Hoseok stared into your eyes, directly.

"When they started to call you Eomma, you have become someone special in their life," Yoongi said to you. "They don't go around calling another person Eomma didn't they?"

 

You're touched when hearing their words. You only thought that Aeri called you mother because of what she learnt at school and Haneul just called you that because he followed Aeri but it's actually more than that.

 

"So what was your life before you meet us?" Sudden question from Yoongi made you poked him.

"Why do you want to know?"

"Well it's sharing time tonight. So we want to get to know you too," his gummy smile cracked. He took a sip of his drink.

All of you guys sat in circle at the verandah. You sat between Jin and Yoongi, Jimin sat between Jin and Taehyung, while Namjoon sat between Hoseok and Jungkook across you.

"I'm like them too. Orphaned at young age. I know the feeling when you suddenly lost someone that you really loved. No more warm at night, no more hug in storm. My relatives threw me out. They said I'm too wreck to be fixed," your smile never leave your face when you muttered those words. 

"We are sorry to hear that," Jin touched your shoulder.

"Thanks but I'm fine."

"Why your relatives said something like that to you? 'You are too wreck to be fixed' is kind of harsh isn't it?" You looked across at Namjoon, smiling at his question.

"Well I did skipped out school a lot when my parents died. It was because I cannot tell anyone about my sorrow. But l just went to the sea. Letting the waves hit my feet, then I went home. I just lived on my parents insurance money which was managed by my uncle because I'm still underage," you took a breath and sipped your water again. 

Jimin rubbed his nose and pulled the blanket which he shared with Taehyung to cover his body while Hoseok and Jungkook were slurping the ramen to heat up their body. All of them were waiting for you to continue your story.

Your little chuckle went out when you saw their earnest-sleepy expression.

"Once my money dried out," you continued your story. Namjoon nodded his head and Jin drew himself closer to you. 

"My own uncle put me into the foster house. He said I'm rebellious girl. I fought and injuring his son. That boy d me! Pushing himself to me! What should I do? Stop and stare! I clawed his son and he still had that scar up until now," you gave satisfied smile while the others' face were mortified. 

"Yah! Seriously that kind of thing happened?" Jungkook eyes wide opened. Couldn't believe his ears. You nodded. 

"That why I said, I'm used to the things like that. People like Hang Sil and my cousin, they do vile things like that because it was fun to see me miserable. People pressed me because I don't have anyone to stand up for me."

"But still, they believed the boy?" Jimin asked.

"He had the scar, saying that I clawed him out of blue because he saw me doing something suspicious in his room."

"Yah! This is absurd!" Taehyung shook his head for many times.

"Yeah! I know right! A part of me want to belong somewhere. Anywhere! I'm glad Aeri and Haneul found you guys and they live in a lot of loves that you guys showered to them."

All of members just smile. They haven't told you the reason how they were abled to adopt Aeri and Haneul despite of their current marital status. They drink the soft drink while digging for chicken. You declined politely when they offered you some.

"Then Mr and Mrs Kim found me at foster house. They took me in and gave me love that I longing for. They were mad at me when I refused to call them Mom and Dad," you chuckled, drinking the water as your throat dry when you spilled out all about your past to them. 

"When they died, I couldn't gave them proper burial," your voice cracked. 

"Their relatives gave proper burial and asked me for the money. I worked hard doing all those odd jobs, leaving my school just to feed myself and paid the debt. My relatives don't want to take me in and my foster relatives don't even want to know about me. I guess money really change people."

"So, you never regret leaving your hometown?" Taehyung asked you, placing his head on Jimin's shoulder.

"I'm sad when I have to leave the house but thanks for giving me a new life here. I'm thankful to each and every of you," you smile and bowed your head.

 

Your flashback ended when your phone ringing. You looked at caller ID.

"Yeaaaaa," your voice dropping along the tone.

"Yah! This girl. Can't you answer your phone properly!" You heard Jin yelling across the line. Chuckles were out from your mouth.

"Why do you call me?"

"We just want to check on you. You seemed sad last night."

"Awww! Thanks guys but I'm fine. Totally! True!"

You lost Jin"s voice and heard some ruckus over the line.

"Jin? Jin? Hello?"

"Y/n? Are you there?" Jimin's voice echoed through the phone.

"Yeah! Did Jin put me on speaker?"

"Yeah!" You can heard Jimin and Taehyung giggling.

"What do you guys want? I need to cook before the kids come home from school."

"You got no fun," you heard Jimin booing from the speaker. You laughed.

"We just want to let you know, we don't mind if Aeri and Haneul want to call you Eomma as long as you feel comfortable with it," you heard Jimin voice as clear as crystal.

"We want to tell you last night but you fell asleep," Hoseok voice was heard across the phone.

"Thanks guys. Well I hope you guys do well on your practice. I gotta go now. Bye guys," you heard they bid you goodbye too and you hang up the call.

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

You combed your hair and tied it neatly before going out of the room. Aeri and Haneul rooms were wide opened. You saw no one inside the room. Then, you heard Aeri's voice bickering with Haneul from downstairs.

"Oppa give me that!"

"No! I won't. What do you want to do silly."

You walked down the stairs. Creeped behind Haneul and took the remote from his grip.

"What do you guys fight for?" You asked, snickered at them.

"Eomma! I want to see Appa," Aeri started her whine to you.

"Yah! I want to watch something else. It's only the re-run. You can watch it on YouTube," Haneul poked Aeri's temple.

"Seriously, you guys sure carefree fighting over these kind of things," you let out the sigh.

You remembered the first time you knew that their fathers are idols. 

 

"What are you watching?" You sat down besides Aeri. Her eyes were fixated on the television. 

"I'm watching my Appa."

"Your Appa?"

"Yeaaaaaaaa."

"Why is your Appa is on the television?"

Before Aeri answering you, the tv show intro song played across the television. She went back to the screen. You saw the name appeared on the screen.

When the music played, you heard the name chanting from the crowd along with Aeri.

Kim Namjoon!

 

Kim Seokjin!

 

Min Yoongi!

 

Jung Hoseok!

 

Park Jimin!

 

Kim Taehyung!

 

Jeon Jungkook!

 

BTS!

Your hand closed your mouth. Trying not to let your scream out. They are singers!

You saw their hairstyle changed, even their hair color had changed! Their facial expressions changed.

All of them looked different. They all looked very charismatic. Namjoon looked good with his new purplish hairstyle. Jungkook didn't seemed so shy doing the hip roll on the stage while in real life, he looked choked when you came near him. You couldn't believe Yoongi spouting rap line like that. He looked composed and sometimes lethargic but on this stage, he seemed like someone else. 

Hoseok didn't looked bright like usual on stage. He looked wild and sad, along with the song melody and Jin seemed to immerse with emotion. His face looked lonely and dreamy, not the usual funny face that he always showed you.

You don't know what to say about Taehyung and Jimin. Their tongue weren't in the right place and the shorts they were wearing were too short, revealing most of their legs that you never seen before even though you already meeting them a few times.

"Eomma, give me the remote," Haneul softly tugged your hand.

"Huh?"

"The remote."

You handed the remote to Haneul and decided to kill the night watching re-run of their fathers performances.