Family Holiday 2.0

7 Fathers

A/n: Sorry guys, I'm late.. ๐Ÿ˜ข it's a hectic day. ๐Ÿ˜‰ the longest I ever write.

Chapter 13: Family Holiday 2.0

"We had arrived at our destination," Namjoon smiling and mimicking the navigator voice after the RV stopped at the parking lot, making Aeri laughed at him.

You stretched your body for the last time. The 4 hours trip finally came to a stop. You eagerly looked outside, wanted to know where you were.

Haneul walked out of the RV first with Namjoon and Yoongi. He was in awe when he saw the surrounding.ย 

"It is beautiful right," Namjoon smiled at him.

Haneul nodded. " I'm - so - going to sketched all of this!"

You walked out with Aeri and took a deep breath. Aeri ran around looking at the campsite. It's really worth the trip. The greenery greeted your eyes when you laid your eyes on them. You laughed when Jin screamed and ran after Aeri when she decided to wander too far away from the campsite. Aish! This kid always teasing her Appa.

Suddenly, you felt this place seemed familiar to you. The campsite, the scenery, the mountain around it. The trail, the smell.

"Do you like it?" Yoongi came behind you, smiling his gummy smile.ย 

"It's looked kinda familiar to me," you looked at him and nodded.

"Is it?" Yoongi raised his brows, smile smugly to you.ย 

You necked your head with Yoongi's answer. Suddenly your mouth turned into 'O'. It can't be true. Your eyes started to feel hot.

"You guys remember!" You shrieked! Yoongi nodded his head, flashing his gummy.

All of members shocked when they hear your scream.ย 

You ran to Yoongi, putting your arms surround him. A sudden hug from you shook him but Yoongi hugged you back.

"Of course we remember, you silly," Yoongi patted your back. He can hear you sobbing. "Stop crying."

You heard a click. Jungkook grinned when Jin taking your picture with his Polaroid.

"We should made this our Christmas card," Jungkook said after he saw your picture.

Your glared playfully at Jungkook when he showed your Polaroid to Jimin and Hoseok.

Tears started streaming down your face. You wiped your tears and smile thankfully to all of them.

"Thanks!" You wiped your eyes again.ย 

"Do you like it Eomma?" Haneul came beside you. Even Haneul knew about this?

You looked at him. "Of course," you hugged him. "Thanks."

Aeri ran to you demanding a hug too. You kneeled down and hugged her tightly. She wiped excess tears from your face.ย 

"You don't looked beautiful when you cry," honest remark from Aeri made all of them laugh.

You stand up and looked at Namjoon. "That's why you didn't want to tell me where we're going."

"If we told you earlier, you probably will be crying from the house to this campsite," he chucked his shoulder, grinning at you.

You smiled at the ground. You remembered when you told them story about your parents.ย 


"Well, there is a place where I used to go with my parents. It's a campsite. I went there for the last time with my parents before they died," you smiled bitterly.

"If I have another chance, I want to go there once again."

"Okay! Let's start our camping!" Taehyung yelled excitedly. You snapped back to reality.

"Yeah!"ย All of them yelled in unison. Getting hyped up!

Then, you saw a man walked toward Namjoon and Yoongi.ย 

"I'll be going to the resthouse now. If anything, you can call me," you heard the man talking with Yoongi.

"Thanks Hong-ssi. If anything, we'll call you," Yoongi bid Mr Hong goodbye.

"Is that the driver?" You asked Jimin. He nodded to you.

"You board the RV for four hours without knowing whose driving it?" Jimin looked at you with his gasped mouth, pretending to be shocked.

"Oh! shut it!" You slapped his elbow. Jimin just brushed you off with his small laugh.ย 

"Where is he going? Didn't he stay here with us?" You asked Jimin again.

"Well, we can't have Hong-ssi sleeping with us, aren't we? Who know what you will do to that man," Jimin pouted his heart-shape lips at you, making his face.

You growled at him, "Jimin! I'm being serious."

He brushed you off with his laugh. "We booked him the resthouse for two days. You don't expect we would let some stranger sleep with you and the kids? We don't like people to see what is ours," Jimin low voice hummed near your ear.

You huffed in frustration with his answer and left Jimin laughing so hard. ย These guys used to be so polite when you guys first met but now, you started to question their politeness.ย 

You went to the Jungkook and Yoongi.
They looked busy putting out all the things needed for the barbeque. Yoongi pressed a button near the door and an automatic awning was sliding out from the RV roof.

Haneul and Aeri went to the nearby waterfall with Hoseok and Taehyung. You can hear their voices from the waterfall. You smiled for the last time and decided to help Jin and Namjoon preparing for dinner.

๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚

"Aeri-ah, stop playing with water. Finish your shower. Hurry up!" You knocked on the door. You went back to table after you heard she yelled 'yeaa' from the bathroom.

"Where are you guys going?" You asked when you saw Namjoon and Taehyung walking out of RV, bringing their towel and toiletries.

"Public shower," Taehyung hung a towel on his shoulder.

"What?" You pitched your ears again.

"Public shower. It's like outdoor shower," Namjoon explained to you.

"Why don't you guys just shower here? We have two bathrooms," you reached for a cookie while looking at them.

"Well this campsite outdoor shower is much more fun. Bye y/n," Taehyung waved his hand. Namjoon followed him from the behind.

You continued to munch on your cookie while waiting for Aeri. Haneul came out from another bathroom, with his grey shirt and black sweatpant. He's drying his hair and grabbed his black sweater, walked outside with small towel hanging on his shoulder, looking for his Jinnie-Appa and Yoongi-Appa. Aeri still didn't finished her shower. Jimin rushed into the other bathroom to take his shower.

You heard a 'click' after you finished your second cookie. Aeri walked out with white rabbit-pattern fuzzy robe.ย 

You led your way to the bedroom, followed by Aeri. She ran and crashed her body on the bed while you opened her bag, finding her clothes. You took out a knitted-wool sweater and a flowery pant for Aeri.

After Aeri wearing her clothes, you walked with her, hand-in-hand, joining the rest of the guys outside.

You saw they arranged the chairs around the two foldable tables at the center.

The barbeque party started. Namjoon and Taehyung already coming back from their shower. Yoongi and Hoseok were cooking 'Dak Galbi'(spicy stir fry chicken) in the tinfoil and grilled 'samgyeopsal'(pork belly) on portable griller while Haneul was helping Jin taking out drinks from the cooler. Since Jin already prepared the chicken, they just added the sweet potato, carrot, onion and cabbage and waited for the dish to be cooked.ย 

"Did you called Hong-ssi?" Hoseok flipped the pork belly.

"He couldn't join us tonight. He's meeting his friend," Yoongi stirred the spicy chicken.

You and Aeri helped setting up the tables. Aeri put the disposable chopsticks, cups and bowls on the tables while you and Taehyung set up the portable stove and he started cooking Shin Ramyun. You didn't know what's the deal between these boys and that ramyun but they really love this ramyun. You saw Jungkook walking from the distant, holding his phone on his ear.

"Yes. Yes. I know. Yes. I'll bring the kids. Bye Eomma. Yes. I'll kiss them for you," you overheard his conversation as he was approaching the canopy.ย 

Jungkook hang up the call and ย helped Taehyung cooking his ramyun. You went inside the RV, bringing out the rice.ย 

"Jimin-ah, we're going to eat," you knocked.

"Yeaaa! In a moment," his voice echoed inside the shower.

You put the rice on the table. It looked like a feast instead of camping food. Namjoon arranged the ingredients for 'Ssam'(food wrapped with leaf) after Jin scolded him when he cut his finger while he chopped the cucumber. Haneul helped him chopping the cucumber and put it along with perilla leaves, lettuce and dried laver.ย 
[A/n: I'm really hungry while writing this section \(โ‰งโˆ‡โ‰ฆ)/]

"Waaaa!" Aeri's mouth dropped down. Her stomach started to rumble.ย 

"Sit down. Come here Aeri," Namjoon called her. He poured the water into the cups. Aeri sat quietly beside Namjoon, watching her Appa.

Jungkook took a seat beside Aeri.

"Ahh~ Kookie-Appa. Don't sit here," Aeri pushed Jungkook body away, wiggling her hand.

"Why-why Appa can't sit here?" Jungkook wiggled his hand back at Aeri, teasing her by sitting on the chair.

"Appa~~," Aeri whined when Jungkook sat beside her. "This is Eomma's chair."

You glared at him with 'Don't tease' look while putting the the 'Dak Galbi' near the rice. He brushed you off with his bunny grin.

"Why? Appa want to sit beside you," Jungkook pouted his mouth to Aeri. "Eomma can sit here, beside Appa," Jungkook patted the empty chair beside him.

"Eomma, come here. Come sit with me," Jungkook stuck his tongue out to Aeri, beckoned you and tapping on the chair.

"Appa want to sit with Eomma too," Yoongi came in from nowhere, bringing a plate of cooked meat.

Aeri glided her eyes to Yoongi and Jungkook. You chuckled from distance while helping Taehyung scooped the ramyun into bowls and handed it to Haneul. Aeri didn't handle attachment quite well. Unlike Haneul, she became attached with you when she started calling you 'Eomma' and she find it hard to share you with anyone else except Haneul while Haneul acted much more mature and kind of sharing your love with everybody.

You necked your head, giving them 'you-must-be-responsible-later' glare to Jungkook and Yoongi. They grinned at your glare.ย 

Yoongi sat on the chair beside your 'spot'. "Y/n-ah, come here. Sit with us."

"Eomma can sit here between me and Kookie-Appa," Yoongi smiled smugly to Aeri.

"Ahhh! I want to sit with Eomma," Aeri face turned red.

"Why you want to sit with Eomma?" Jungkook cooed.ย 

"Because she is my Eomma. Not yours," Aeri pulled Namjoon's hand, gesturing him to back her up.

Before Jungkook continued his teasing, a slapped landed on his shoulder.ย 

"Yah! Stopped it!" Jimin slapped Jungkook's shoulder again. "I can hear it from the shower."

Jungkook let out his small laugh before changed his spot, sitting beside Namjoon. Everyone started to take their seat. You sat in between Aeri and Yoongi and Haneul sat beside him. Jin sat between Jungkook and Taehyung while Jimin sitting between Taehyung and Hoseok.ย 

"Let's eat!"ย 

๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚

ย The dinner just ended. It's a long dinner and all of you felt exhausted. All of you tidied up and organized everything before going to sleep.

"Did you brushed your teeth?" Namjoon kneeling in front of Aeri, checking her teeth. Aeri flashed and nodded. After satisfied with his inspection, Namjoon led Aeri to the bed.ย 

"I want my onesie," Aeri went to her bag and pulling out her unicorn onesie.

Namjoon helped her changed into her onesie and getting ready to sleep.

Jin spread a futon on the floor while Hoseok took pillows and blankets, arranged it on the futon for him, Jin and Namjoon. Jungkook took the left bed while Taehyung sat on right bed. Jimin and Yoongi still nowhere to be seen. Haneul walked into the compartment and sat on the lower center bed. The center bed had two tiers. You walked to the lower center bed and sat between Aeri and Haneul. Jimin and Yoongi were the last one entering.ย 

"Night kids!" Yoongi ruff Haneul and Aeri's hair before climbing up.

"Night baby!" Jimin hugged both of the kids before pecked their temples. They were squished in his hug.

You made way for Jimin to climb to upper bed.

"Let's sleep," you patted the pillow gesturing Aeri and Haneul to lay down. Aeri sleep in the middle between you and Haneul. They're laying down and you tucked them under their blanket.

"Night princess," you kissed Aeri's temple.ย 

"Night Haneul," you patted his legs.


Jin kissed the kids goodnight too on the cheeks, followed by Jungkook and Taehyung.

"Whatt! My mum want me to kiss them for her," Jungkook whined when Jimin threw pillow to him.
ย 
"Appa! It's tickle!" Aeri laughed when Taehyung gave good night snuggle to her and Haneul.

"Sleep tight kids," Namjoon pecked their foreheads. "Sweet dream."

"Ahhhh~ Hobi-Appa want to sleep with you guys," Hoseok climbed and laid down between Aeri and Haneul.

"Well you can sleep here Appa," Haneul giggling and hugged Hoseok. Aeri snuggled to her Hobi-Appa.

"Yah! Get up! What are you doing!" Namjoon dragged Hoseok's feet down the bed.ย 

"If we cannot sleep with the kids, you can't either!" Jungkook threw pillow to Hoseok, showing his protest.ย 

Hoseok laughed and pecked the kids, walked to his spot beside Namjoon.

"Nite guys," you said after Jin turn off the light.

๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•

You opened your eyes when a soft sound ringing beside you. You looked at your phone. '6.30 a.m.'

You stretched your body while laying on the bed. You looked at Haneul and Aeri. They looked so peaceful. You covered their body properly with blankets before moving your body slowly, making your way down the bed. The boys still sleeping. You saw Namjoon's left foot on Hoseok's thigh. ย You threaded carefully, trying not to wake anyone up.

"Why are you up so early?" A groggy voice startled you.ย 

Jin rubbed his eyes, stretched his body against the futon.ย 

"I want to prepare breakfast. Just go back to sleep. I'll wake you guys up later," you whispered.

"I'll help you," Jin woke and sit down on the futon.ย 

"It's okay. Just sleep," you smiled and walked out the compartment, heading to bathroom.

After washing yourself, you opened the RV door and inhaling fresh air. Cold wind blew in. You decided to start cooking for breakfast. Since you guys had extravagant dinner last night, you decided to make simple breakfast - kimchi fried rice with scrambled eggs and some soup.ย 

While you were busy stirring the fried rice, a figure walked closely to you and rested his head on the counter.ย 

"What are you doing?" You nearly wanted to smack the voice owner.

"Yah! You surprised me!" You swatted his shoulder. "Breakfast."

Hoseok rubbing his eyes. "Smells good." He went to the bathroom, washing up.

5 minutes later, he came with a fresh face.ย 

"What time is it?" You asked while put the kimchi into the fried rice.

"7.00 a.m.," Hoseok looked at his phone

"Can you wake everybody up. Breakfast is nearly ready," you looked at him.

Hoseok nodded and went to wake up everybody else. You heard ruckus inside the compartment.ย 

"Ahhh-Hyung. Stop it," Jungkook sleepy voice echoed.

"Hope-Hyunggggggg! Stop ittttt," You heard Taehyung responded lazily.ย 

You chuckled when hearing their bickering.

Footsteps started to echoing inside the RV. You saw Jin coming out from the compartment followed by Hoseok and Taehyung.ย 

Jin went to first bathroom and Taehyung enter the second. Hoseok went back to bed, dragging out Jimin. Yoongi walked out and grabbed his sweater, taking a morning walk around the RV.

Hoseok watched you scrambled the eggs in the pan while Jimin rested his head on Hoseok's shoulder. After Jin finished washing up, Hoseok pushed Jimin into the shower.

Jin helped you scooped the rice into food container. As morning fogged up the RV mirror, the temperature seemed to drop. You saw Yoongi went back into RV, straight to the bathroom after Taehyung out.ย 

Taehyung went back to the bed waking up Jungkook and Namjoon. You heard a crying and Taehyung cooing.

"Appa is here. Don't cry," Taehyung shushing the crying.

"Jin, can you finished this soup. Just add the seaweed. Aeri is crying. She's having nightmares again I guess," you walked to bed compartment. Jin nodded his head and stirred the soup.

You saw Taehyung was patting Aeri's back.ย 

You smiled to Taehyung and mouth 'Let Me'. He moved aside and you laying next to Aeri, putting your arms around her, pulling her into your embrace. Letting she hearing your heartbeats. It was your usual routine when Aeri's having nightmare or crying in her sleep. She's quite often having the nightmares when you first working with them, but now it's gradually gone away but occasionally the nightmare will come. Jin did said that Aeri started experiencing nightmares when their real father died and they consulted the doctor but no treatment can be prescribed. She need emotional support from people around her.

You tighten your hug when her sobbing started to get louder and you kissed her head. Taehyung looked at you and Aeri with worried expression. Haneul started to move when he heard his sister. He opened his eyes slowly and he saw Aeri in your embrace. Taehyung pulled his hands and led him out of the room, leaving you and Aeri on the bed.ย 

Namjoon opened his eyes after hearing Aeri's crying. He shoot a 'what happened' look to you.

"She's having nightmare, again."

Namjoon nodded his head and rustled on the bed, laying down beside Aeri.ย 

The room became so still. Aeri's sobbing slowly turned down and stopped. It is quiet now. Only soft snore was heard from Jungkook.ย 

Namjoon patted Aeri's back softly while looking at you with his half sleep eyes. You looked down and smiled at Aeri when she finally opened her eyes.ย 

"Morning princess," you pecked her temple.

"Morning baby," Namjoon deep voice echoed when Aeri looked at her.

She snuggled into Namjoon's embrace when she saw his face.ย 

"Let's get up. Come on" you pulled Aeri to wake up.ย 

"No. I want to sleep with Appa," she said and pulling the onesie hood, covering her hair.ย 

"Come on, I cook delicious breakfast," you tickled Aeri. She's wiggling her body in Namjoon hug and laugh.ย 

"Come on. Let's get up," Namjoon sat on the bed, tugging Aeri to sit.

"If you're late, Appa will eat it all up," Namjoon nuzzled his nose to Aeri's hood. "Come on."

"I'll go first. I need to help Jin. Make sure they're up," you pointed at Aeri and Jungkook. Sometimes you wondered how Jungkook can sleep through all of these noise.

Namjoon nodded. His eyes followed you out the room. He stood up and stretched lightly.ย 

"Jungkook. Wake up," Namjoon shook his shoulder. Jungkook laying in stillness, not even a budge.

Aeri sat down with half eyes opened looking at her Joonie-Appa and Kookie-Appa. She climbed down the bed and walked slowly toward Jungkook.

"Kookie-Appa don't want to wake up," Namjoon looked at Aeri. "What should we do?"

Aeri sighed a little and climbed up Jungkook's bed. She's laying up on Jungkook chest and facing down to him.ย 

"Appa! Wake up!" Her voice shrieking around the room, shook Jungkook up.

"Yah! Kookie! Wake up," Namjoon shook half asleep Jungkook.ย 

Jungkook opened his eyes, seeing Aeri. He put his arms around Aeri, pulling her into his arms. "It's still early Aeri-ah. Let Appa sleep a little bit more."

Aeri got down from Jungkook. She pulled Jungkook hand. " Let's go Appa."

Namjoon walked out when Jimin shouted at him, "Monie-Hyung, the bathroom is empty."

Jimin went into the bed compartment when Jungkook refused to wake up. He's holding a pack of ice and put it on Jungkook cheeks. Jungkook's eyes opened widely when that cold thing touched his face.

"Ahhh! Hyungggg!" He rubbed his cheek.

"Yah! Get up. Everyone is waiting for you to eat," Jimin laughed and left the ice pack on Jungkook.ย 

"Let's go with Appa," Jimin lifted Aeri up and walked out the room. Jungkook woke up and dragging his feet with half opened eyes while holding the ice pack.
๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚

After the hectic morning and breakfast, all of you finally on the mountain trail at 9.00 a.m.

This campsite was famous for its beautiful scenery and the user-friendly mountain trail. Haneul walked at the front with Yoongi and Jin followed by you, Aeri and Hoseok. Jimin and Namjoon were behind you, leaving Jungkook and Taehyung at the last spot.ย 

Aeri gulping on her water when we stop for a break. Jin fanning himself and Aeri. Namjoon and Taehyung taking pictures of wild flowers while Haneul picturing the landscapes in his mind, moving his hand as he was drawing on invisible canvas.

Hoseok called a group picture. ย Jin also took a group Polaroid. After ten minutes, all of you started again to walk along the trail.ย 

After 45 minutes of walking, you reached the first peak of the mountain. Haneul stood up on a big rock and screamed his lung out.

Aeri pulled your hand, asking to join her brother too. You smiled and walked with her.

"I love it here," Haneul looked at you. "Can we not going home Eomma."

"Well, we can live here but it'll be hard to meet Appa then," you ruffled his head, laughing.

"Let's have Appa visit us once a while," Haneul grinned.

"Can you?" You decked your brows. They whined when they cannot meet their father often, can they survived once in a while?

Haneul shook his head and laughed. "I'm thankful for having you and Appa in our life."

Your heart snapped hearing his words. Before you could said anything, Taehyung tugged you and the kids for the last group picture.
๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•

The lunch went much more calmer than ever. After lunch, you, Aeri, Jimin, Jungkook and Hoseok went to the nearby stream. The others opted to rest in the RV.ย 

Aeri and Haneul ran along the stream with their fathers while you sat down on a big rock watching them.ย 

The cold water stream running through your feet. At least Namjoon's forecast was true. This weekend was sunny. The orange-brown coloured leaves fell and flowing in the stream.

"Can we play," you saw half-wet Aeri. "In the water," she continued.

You nodded your head. Aeri went back and splashed her brother and Hoseok. Jimin rode Jungkook's back as he dragging Jungkook into the stream.ย 

After a half an hour of screaming and splashing, Aeri came to you with blue lips. You took the towel and dried her up.ย 

"Let's go guys," you called. "Aeri is shaking."

All of them walked toward you. You handed them towel and all of you started walking back to RV.ย 

You saw Jin and Yoongi walked in hurry toward the rest house.ย 

"Hyung? Why?" Jungkook asked when he saw Namjoon outside.ย 

"Something happened to Hong-ssi. He suddenly having chest pain. Jin-Hyung and Yoongi-Hyung are bringing him to hospital," Namjoon looked at Jungkook.

"With what?" You looked puzzled.ย 

"The rest house owner has rental car. We rent it."

You nodded and brought Aeri to shower.
๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•

"Jin-Hyung and Yoongi-Hyung still didn't coming back from the hospital," you heard Namjoon talking with Jimin and their talking slowly became mumbling.

"We're going to the store. We need to buy something," Namjoon yelled from the front door after his conversation with Jimin.

You looked at him while tying up Aeri's hair into ponytail. "I thought you brought everything?" you asked Namjoon.ย 

"We did," he grinned. "But~ we run out of drinks and a little something."

You huffed at him. Seriously! Drinks? You saw a bunch of soft drinks in the cooler. You never saw they drink alcohol beverages ever since you worked with them. Yoongi said the members restricted that no alcohol beverages around the kids because of moral and they didn't want the kids to see drunk Appa. That's explained why you never saw alcohol beverages at the house too. You sat on the stool outside while watching Aeri. The autumn breeze blew softly to your hair.

He just chuckled, giving wide smile to you.ย 

"Eomma, I'm going with Joonie-Appa," Haneul suddenly come out behind his father.ย 

"Can I?" He grinned at you while hiding half of his body behind Namjoon.

Aeri was playing alone with the swing near the lot, not bothering about your conversation.

You raised your left brow. "What if I say you can't?"

"Please~~" he begged desperately. "Pretty please."

"Okay. Be careful. Don't go far away from Appa," you lost to his puppy eyes.

"We are going too. I need to buy uhhh-something. Let's go Taehyung-ah" Jimin pulled Taehyung's hand and took their jackets.

"Yah! Yah! Who's going to stay with y/n and Aeri?" Namjoon pulled the maknae hands.

"Hobi hyung and Kookie," Jimin pouted his lips. "I wanna go with Hyung."

Namjoon nodded. He looked around for Hoseok and Jungkook.

"Yah! Hoba! We want to go to the store!" Namjoon yelling toward Hoseok. From the distance, you saw Hoseok and Jungkook walking back from the public bathroom.

"It's fine.We'll stay with them," you heard Hoseok yelled back.

"Eomma, I want to go too," Aeri ran toward you when she saw her fathers walking with Haneul.

"If you go, who's going to play with Appa?" Jungkook came from behind and lifted Aeri up. His hair still wet from the shower.

She's screaming in joy when Jungkook swing her body 360ยฐ, forgetting her question earlier.ย 

Hoseok sat beside you. His eyes also watching Aeri and Jungkook.

"Child playing with child huh?" Hoseok laughed when he saw them running around. His hand was drying his crimson hair with small towel.

"Sometimes I thought I have three kids to take care instead of two," you chuckled at Hoseok. Jungkook really looked like a child when playing with Aeri. He let out high-pitch laugh when playing swing with Aeri. You could see his child-like behavior when he play with Aeri and Haneul.

"But he is an Appa. A great one even though he is young. When Haneul and Aeri first live with us, he try his best to learn about parenting. So they didn't feel like they're adopted." Hoseok sunshine smile beamed through his face.

"I guessed all of you doing the good jobs in parenting, looking from the kids behaviors," you smiled back at him.

"They're good kids," Hoseok take a sip of water from his bottle. "We knew them since they're small. Their father was our friend."

"Aaaa. I see," you replied shortly and kept on watching Aeri and Jungkook. Your heart beat furiously. You knew their father passed away in accident. Haneul told you the story and showed you pictures of their real father. But you're curious about this one thing.

"How about their mother," you asked the question that lingering around your mind for a long time. Hoseok smile at you again. His cheekbones rose as he smile.

"What about her," he asked you again.

You huffed your fringes. "Come on Hobi. You know what I'm talking about."

Hoseok is one of the members that is closer to you. He really warmed up to you when you guys first met.

"What?" He chucked his shoulder. When you asked about their mother, Haneul also trying to avoid that topic. You left Hoseok and went to the kitchen, putting out all of the dinner ingredients and started the preparation.

Hoseok chuckled and kept on rubbing his wet hair with small towel. Once a while, Aeri waving hands towards him and he waved back, smiling the fatherly smile.

You kept on watching Jungkook playing with Aeri while preparing the dinner before the boys coming back. They were playing the kite when the wind blew quite ferocious. Jungkook's mouth was opened a little bit when he focused on flying the kite. Aeri was shrieking excitedly in Jungkook hug when the kite soaring up in the autumn sky.

"Jin-Hyung and Yoongi-Hyung sure are late," Hoseok ย looked at his phone. "I wonder what happened. They didn't even call," his shoes rubbing on the soil under their canopy. He glanced over the clock in the phone. 5.30 p.m.

"Maybe there were many people at the hospital," you're focusing on mixing the ingredients together, preparing the marinated beef for grilling.

"Don't worry Hoseok-ah," you smiling at him before focusing on your chores.

"Ahh! It's raining!" You heard Aeri screaming from outside. She and Jungkook just running around in the soft mist of pouring rain. So much for a sunny day, you thought.

"Aeri-ah! Come inside," you're waving your hand toward her.ย 

"Don't worry. She's gotten stronger now," Hoseok smiled at you when he saw you sweating in nervousness. "Besides, Jungkook with her."

Before you could said anything, the rain pouring more heavily onto ground.

Namjoon and Jin told you about Aeri's health condition when you accepted this job. Since she was born, she's had weak body and doctor said she is susceptible towards any infection if she was exposed. That's why her Appa frantically looking for her and Haneul when they went missing before. They were afraid something happened to Aeri. That also why Haneul being overprotective over Aeri.

Since Aeri and Jungkook are having too much fun in the rain, your words just flew by their ears. You sighed, pulling the cooking gloves and walked to outside. You stood in front of the door for a while before Jungkook realized you were there, huffing your chest off.ย 

"Aeri, come inside," you glared at Jungkook. He grinned innocently to you, showing his bunny face.

"Look! She's fine. I just want her to play a little bit longer. You know how Namjoon Hyung is, he didn't even let Aeri play outside if the wind blew," Jungkook pouted at you. Before you could said anything, Aeri ran toward you and Jungkook, tugging your sleeves.

"Eomma! It's fun! Aeri shrieking while hugging her body. She looked like she's having the time of her life.

"But it's cold," her lips pale but her face lit up. You quickly took her into the RV bathroom and shower with hot water, leaving Jungkook grinned behind you.
๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‚

You finished the dinner preparation at the RV kitchen and looked over the window. The black sky looked terrifying and the rain kept on pouring hard. Namjoon called you to tell that they would be at the store for a while since the rain still pouring hard. Hoseok tried to call Yoongi and Jin but no answer. Aeri bundling up with Jungkook in the other side of the RV, watching the movie while drinking yogurts drink. Their laugh can be heard across the RV.

Suddenly the lightning struck and you heard thunderous sound. You froze. Your heart beat faster than ever. You clenched your fist when you heard the thunder echoed in distance. The light flashed, shone in front of your face. You heard Aeri little scream. But you yourself were afraid of thunder especially when it roared so damn near right now!

Usually when it's thundering at home, you and Aeri will cuddled up together under your blanket. You will hum some melody and Aeri will fall asleep while listening to your humming. Since the house is concrete, the thunder sound was muffled. So it's less frightening compared to right now.

Jungkook turned off the movie and hugged Aeri closely to him when second lightning struck. Her face turned white when she heard the thunder sound.

"It's okay baby girl. Appa's here," Jungkook hugged Aeri tightly. Her body shook when the thunder echoed in the sky. A fatherly peck landed on her temple.

"Appa. Make it go away," Aeri voice cracked when she heard the thunder roared near their roof. She clutched Jungkook's shirt. Jungkook kept on rubbing her back, comforting her.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" Hoseok patted your shoulder when he realised that you were standing still after he's trying to contact Yoongi and Jin.

You took a deep breath when you finally came to your senses. Your heartbeat returned to normal. You looked at Hoseok and shook your head.ย 

"I'm fine. It's jus-!" You ducked your head when the thunder strike again.ย 

"Y/?," Hoseok ran to your side. Patting your shoulder. "Are you okay?" His hand held your wrist tightly.

"Are you afraid of thunder?" Hoseok asked again when he felt you trembling besides him. You nodded half-heartedly. Embarrassment were drew across your face.ย 

"Awww! Don't worry. Hobi is here!" Hoseok chirped beside you, trying to make you less frightening. He put his arm around your shoulder.

He tugged your hand gently and helped you walked to the compartment where Jungkook and Aeri were laying.

"Eomma!" Aeri beckoned her little hand to you. You climbed onto the bed and stay beside Aeri. Jungkook moved a little bit to give some space to you. Aeri hugged you tightly when she heard thunder sound echoed far away. You wrapped your arms around her and started humming the melody. Strange how you and Aeri calmed down with this melody.ย 

Jungkook and Hoseok jaws slacked down when they saw Aeri started to feel sleepy shortly after you hummed the song. The thunder and lightning stopped but the rain still pouring.

"Why Butterfly?" Jungkook asked after you put the blanket on Aeri.ย 

"Huh?" You seemed to awake from deep thought.ย 

"The song. It's Butterfly right?" Hoseok repeated the question for you.

You nodded sheepishly. "Yeah. Aeri like that song so much! So I hummed to her whenever she feel scared or sad."

"Awww! You fluffball!" Hoseok ruffled your hair.

"Ahhh! Hoba! My hair!" You whined while combing back your hair with your hand.ย 

Aeri moved a little bit when you and Hoseok arguing. Jungkook that laying beside her patting her back, comforting her to sleep again while you and Hoseok brought that childish fight outside the bed compartment. A fatherly smile drew across his lips. His eyes looked fond and soft towards Aeri. Aeri always want to do everything even though her body couldn't keep her up. Jungkook remembered when they went to her kindergarten during sport day. He saw Aeri ran in 100m relay with great will. She was trying to finished the race even though her body slowly slowing down. He remembered that day, they cheered so hard on her even though she's losing the race. Jungkook chuckled when Aeri rubbing her cheeks while sleeping peacefully. Her body curled into fetus position under the blanket.

He remembered when Aeri was crying so hard when Namjoon forbid her to play outside again after she having sudden fever during her first day living with them. Namjoon and Jin face looked restless as Aeri started burning up but she was fine by the end of the evening.

Jungkook's phone ringing, bringing his thoughts back to the RV. He reached and slide to answer the call.

"Ah~ Monie Hyung."

"Kookie, help us," Namjoon voice was heard along with rain sound.

"Why Hyung?"ย 

"Can you bring umbrellas to us. This store didn't sell any. This store is not far but we can't walk in this rain. We cannot let this wet."

"Okay Hyung. Just wait for me."

"Thanks Kookie! We owe you!" Jungkook heard Taehyung screamed across the phone.

He got up from the bed and went towards the kitchen.

"Hyung. I need to go to Monie Hyung and the others," Jungkook patted Hoseok's shoulder.

"Why?" You asked instead of Hoseok.

"Ahh! They don't have umbrella. So they can't walk back," Jungkook rummaged the compartment below the desk and found three umbrellas and a few raincoat. He put on the raincoat and bid you and Hoseok goodbye. You saw he walked faster under the pouring rain. ย 

"They call!" Hoseok suddenly screamed. You decked your head. Who?

"Hello! Hyung! Can you hear me," Hoseok frantically calling Yoongi and Jin name.

"Ah! I'm going outside for a while," Hoseok ran to outside, trying to get a better reception.

You nodded your head and heading toward mini refrigerator, taking out a bottle of water. You felt refreshed when the cold water touched your throat.ย 

All of sudden, the thunders were booming at the sky made you snapped. It's like a roar of some creature up in the sky. It felt so near in the RV. You ducked your head under the table. Your body trembling and you felt your hand became numb. Your mind went blank and you couldn't move a limb even if you want to.

Then, your surrounding suddenly became pitch black! Your hand wandered, looking for the switch to turn on the lights again. A loud thunder struck again, with flashy lightning. You were jumped and felt something sharp touch your forehead. The last thing you remembered was Hoseok came beside you with panic voice, pulling you into his embrace. Everything went black after that.

๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•