Just Eomma things

7 Fathers

Chapter 5: Just Eomma things

"Bye... Eom..Eomma," Haneul waved before walking into school. You smile when he tried to call you Eomma. You waved back to him and walk Aeri to her kindergarten.

You pecked her cheeks.

"Be good at school," you waved to Aeri.

"Alright Eomma," she grinned and skipped into the gate. You watched her until she lost into the building.

You started walking back home slowly. Did you do the right thing? You let them called you mother. What will their father say? Suddenly you felt like knot formed in your stomach. 

When you reached home, you went to your bed, lying flat. You took one of the pillow and pressed it onto your stomach. 

It was the time of monthly torture. You feel your stomach cramped, the backache, the sore muscle. It is usually took around 2 days to pull through before the pain gone. You look at the clock. It's still early. You set the phone alarm and went to sleep, hoping that it would eased your pain before the kids back from school.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

"I guess nobody's home," Jimin peeked through the window.

"Just punched in the code. I'm tired waiting outside," Jungkook rested his body against the wall.

"Yah! What if y/n is in shower?" Jin pulled back Jungkook's hand from the device. 

"Ahh! Hyung! We are not going to do anything bad," flustered Jungkook pouted his lips.

"We can't wait outside forever. The sun is burning me right now," Yoongi said.

"So what are we going to do now?"

All eyes on Namjoon.

"Just put the code for God sake."

Jungkook grinned and punched in. The door beeped and opened. All of them walk slowly into the house. It look empty. No sign of you anywhere.

"Did she text anything on the chatroom?" Taehyung asked while longing his head, looking for you around the house.

Hoseok scrolling his phone. "Nope."

"Did you tell her that we will be here today?" 

"Yeah. I told her this morning. But she didn't reply any text."

"Maybe she did go out without telling us. It wouldn't be the first time," Yoongi sit down in the couch, resting his head. 

"It's weird though. She usually reply back to us," Jimin opened the windows and sliding door, the breeze blew softly from the yard to the house. 

Five minutes later, the living hall became the guys' den. Jungkook and Taehyung were playing video game while shouting when one of them was winning the game, Hoseok was cheering for Jungkook while Namjoon was cheering for Taehyung.

"Yah! The loser going to do the dishes," Jin screamed from the kitchen.

Jimin turn on the speaker volume in the kitchen while Jin was cooking for the lunch. 

"I'm going to Haneul's room. Who can sleep while you guys acted like all hell break loose," Yoongi dragged his feet to upstairs. The other member just waved their hands.

Yoongi climbed the stairs and walked to Haneul's room. When he passed in front of your room, he caught a glimpse of you on the bed, sleeping.

'Oh! She is home'

He pushed the door softly. You were lying facing the door. Your face frowns in pain. One of your hand hugged the pillow close to your stomach, pushing onto it, while your body curled up. Your hands were roaming on the bed, searching for something.

Yoongi saw your hands were searching for the blanket. He pulled the blanket and cover your body.

You opened your eyes when you felt like someone was tucking your blanket. 

"Ah! Yoongi," you were startled. You tried to open your eyes widely.
"I didn't know you guys will come today."

"Are you okay? We texted you in the group but you don't reply. So we make ourselves in."

"I'm fine," you tried to get up but your period cramped attacked you, the groan was out from your mouth, forcing yourself to lie down again.

"Yah! Don't get up! You looked sick. I'm going to call Jin," he rushed to downstairs before you could say anything. 

You could hear 'Jin-Hyung, Jin-Hyung' echoed throughout the house and the some commotion before hearing footsteps on the stairs.

Jin and Hoseok peeked their face first into your room. They sit by your bed side. Thank God you were decent before going to sleep. Namjoon, Taehyung and Jimin squeezed themselves in while Yoongi and Jungkook stood at the door frame.

"Are you okay?" Jin put his hand onto your forehead, checking the temperature.

"Yah Hyung, you should use the thermometer," Hoseok slapped his hand. 

Jin just grinned and focus back on you.

"You don't feel hot. Do you feel sick or something?" Jin kept on checking you up.

"No. I'm fine. I'm not sick," you pushed away Jin's hand.

"If you are fine, why do you looked like you're in pain just now. You keep on pushing the pillow onto your stomach," Yoongi pointed at you.

Soft gasped came out from Hoseok's mouth. He seemed to understand your pain as he has older sister. He looked at Jin with meaningful look, hoping him to understand. It took Jin ten seconds to interpret Hoseok's glance. His mouth forming an 'O'. He looked at you. Your cheeks flushed.

He and Hoseok got up from the bed swiftly, drove the members out from your room.

"Yah! All of you, out! Out!" Jin pushing all of the members out.

"I'll bring the hot pack later. Just rest okay," Hoseok smile at you. You bit your mouth and nodded sheepishly.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

"Hyung, what's wrong with her," Jungkook tugging Jin's shirt.

"Yeah. Why you two acting weird," Jimin asked, pouting his lips.

"She is not sick. She just having her once-in-a-month time," Hoseok whispered, in low voice.

Namjoon mouth turned to 'O' and Yoongi just nodded. 

The maknae line still in confusion. 

"Yah! Don't you learn at school?" Namjoon slapped Jungkook's shoulder when he still in 'shook' mode.

"Aaaaa," the fact slowly hit Taehyung and Jimin's mind, leaving only golden maknae in confused. 

The Hyungs just laughed at him, teasing him. 

"Yah! How can you be golden maknae if you don't know this," Jimin slapped his thigh, laughing to his heart content. Jungkook frowned his forehead.

"Stop teasing him guys," Jin passed through the boys whole holding the hot pack. "I'm going to take this to her."

Jin hold the pack carefully and knocked on your door. When he opened the door, you're still lying onto bed, massaging your back.

"Here, put this on your stomach. It will eased the pain."

"Thanks Jin," you smiled at him, putting the hot pack on your stomach. You felt relieved for a while. 

"I'll asked the boys to pick up the kids later. You just rest all the day alright."

"It is my job though. I can't let you guys do it. Besides I pulled through this for the last five months," you gave weak smile to Jin.

"No. You don't have to do it today. Just rest," Jin pushed you softly and tucked your blanket.

"How in this world you pull through this pain, picking up the kids, taking care of them?" Jin asked in amazement.

You just grinned. "Well it is a power of Eom....Unnie," you nearly blown your secret out. Stupid mouth. You slapped softly.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

When Jin went downstairs, the teasing squad was stop. Yoongi and Namjoon lying at the veranda, letting the breeze touch their face. Namjoon pulled out his beanie and ruffled his hair. Hoseok was napping next to Namjoon, hugging Aeri's pink bolster, nuzzled his nose to the pillow.

Jungkook sat on the swing chair, hugging red pillow to his chest. Pouting while scrolling the browser. What is once-in-a-month thing?

Jimin and Taehyung were helping Jin setting up the table.

"Guys, go pick-up Aeri," Jin shouted from kitchen.

All of the boys groaned lazily. Still in their position.

"What about Haneul?" Namjoon yelled back from the verandah.

"Ummm.... I forgot though what time he should be home. Is it same with Aeri?" Jin necked his head to the right, thinking about that.

"Yeah!" All the heads turned to you as you walk down the stairs. You sat on the chair at kitchen counter and took a bite from the apple on the counter.

"Why didn't you rest?" Jin took the spatula and tapped your hand. You grinned at him, showing your teeth. "I don't feel like to. Today Haneul don't have extra class."

"Alrighty. So whose going to pick up the kids?" Jin looked at the members. Raising his brows.

"I'll go," Jungkook raised his hand while his eyes fixated at the screen.

"Can we trust you?" Jimin smiled smugly towards Jungkook.

"Yah Hyung! I'm an adult right now!" Jungkook snapped at Jimin's remark.

The guys just laughed at him. Once a maknae. Always a maknae.

"Alright, just go. Aeri must be waiting for you. Haneul will walk to Aeri school. So you just wait for him there," you tried to save the mood. Sometimes these guys took jokes too far.

"Please take umbrella too. It's going to rain," you remained him once again when you saw cloudy whether.

Jungkook put on his black beanie and face mask. He grabbed two umbrellas and bid all of you good bye. 

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

He walked free as it was not many people around. Jungkook fastened his paces when the cloud seemed more blackish than ever. 

It only took 5 minutes walk to Aeri's kindergarten. When he arrived, he saw Aeri was standing while talking with Haneul. Jungkook ran to the children.

"KIDS!" Aeri and Haneul turned towards Jungkook.

"Appa!" Aeri run and jumped into Jungkook's grasp. Haneul smile happily when he saw his father. Jungkook spins Aeri around and hold her tightly. "Lets go home," he took their hands and walked side by side.

"Haneul-ah walk inside this line," Jungkook dragged Haneul's hand as the cars were moving fast. 

He put his arm onto Haneul's shoulder and nuzzled into Haneul'a hair while holding on Aeri's hand.

"I miss both of you so much! Sorry Appa couldn't be home more often."

"Appa, did you come home for a long time now?" Aeri tugging Jungkook's hand.

"Well, Appa need to work tomorrow."

Aeri pouted her lips. "I like it when Appa sleep with us at home."

"Appa too," Jungkook cooed to her. Touching her pout with his hand. Jungkook never been good with children as he himself still young but being with Aeri and Haneul brings out his paternal's instinct. 

"Should we go and buy ice cream before going home?" Jungkook skipped along with Aeri and Haneul.

"No, we have a lot at home," Haneul said to him.

"Yeah,Eommmm....," before Aeri finished her sentences, Haneul nugded her shoulder. 'Mind your word' Haneul gave her signal.

"Unnie bought it for us yesterday," she smiled to Jungkook.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

When they arrived at home, Jungkook lead them towards the house backyard. Haneul and Aeri saw Namjoon and Hoseok still lying on the verandah. 

"Appa!" Both Haneul and Aeri screamed. Aeri kicked her shoes and landed onto Namjoon's stomach, causing him to jerk upwards. Hoseok tickled Aeri, pulled her down from Namjoon's stomach.

"Appa is hurt Aeri-ah," Namjoon rubbed his stomach.

Haneul went inside the house and hugged Jimin and Jin. 

"Yah! You have gotten big," Jimin hugged Haneul and spin around with him. 

"You didn't tell us that you're coming," Haneul put down his school bag.

"It's a surprise!" Jin grinned. 

"Put up your bag upstairs. Then let's eat."

"Where's Yoongi-Appa and Tae-Appa?"

"Upstairs. Tae-Appa is showering. Yoongi-Appa is sleeping. Tell them to go down too. Ahh! And don't forget to call Noona," Jin reminds Haneul before he went upstairs Haneul nodded.

"Appa! Stop!" Aeri pushed Hoseok and run toward Jimin.

"Hobi-Appa is no fun," she hugged Jimin's waist. Jimin smiled, touched her nose and lifted her up on his arm. Hoseok pulled a long face with Aeri's sassy comment.

Aeri looked at Jimin face and said, "Appa, put me down. I wanna go to Eomma."

"Eomma?" Jimin raised his brows. 

Haneul tapped his forehead. Aish! This girl!

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

The lunch can wait!

All 7 pairs of eyes looked straight to Haneul. Haneul gulped his breath. Thinking about how to tell his fathers about this 'Eomma' thing. He prayed that his 'Eomma' was awake and tell these guys everything.

"Who is Eomma?" Jimin darted the first question.

Haneul took a deep breath. "Noona."

All the guys gasped.

"Why do you guys called her Eomma? Did she asked you too?" Namjoon raised his brows.

Haneul shook his head immediately. "Aeri want to."

"How about you? Why do you call her Eomma?" Taehyung necked towards Haneul.

All of them stared at him again. Haneul seemed restless. His fingers tapping on the kitchen counter. 

"Because I feel like to," he put his head down and his cheeks turned red.

All of them looking to one another. Namjoon face looked more worried. 

"Haneul-ah, do you really want to call her Eomma? You know she's just work with us. She can quit anytime and be replaced with new person," Namjoon touched Haneul's hand softly. 

"She promised not to," Haneul face looking blank, bitting his lips.

"You know she may break her promise," Yoongi said to him.

"I believed in Eomma," Haneul put firm tone in his words.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

"Eomma, wake up!" 

Your head felt heavy and your mattress bounced up and down.

"Aeri, stop jumping. I'm dizzy," you pulled her hand, made her sat down on the mattress. 

"Where is Oppa?" You Aeri's long hair. Her hair is nearly her back length. 

"Downstairs. Appa are talking with him."

"About what?"

"About you."

Your body straightened by itself. Sweats formed on your forehead.

"Aeri, by any chance, did you called me Eomma when your fathers' here?" You wished the answer is No but your breath hitched when Aeri nodded. This is bad! 

You got up from the bed quickly, walking downstairs. Aeri followed you from behind.

You were panting when you reach the kitchen. All of the boys were sitting properly.

"Ahh.. We just want to call you for lunch. Come let's eat. Come Aeri-ah, sit beside me," Hoseok chirped when seeing you and Aeri.

Aeri went beside Hoseok and you pulled the chair slowly, sit between Taehyung and Yoongi. 

Along the lunch, you didn't let out any words. You just chewing everything that you can chew. You stole a glance at Haneul. He seemed to be composed at his seat. 

'Maybe nothing happened' 

'Maybe they talk about other things'

You said to yourself. You're just paranoid about those Eomma things. You breathed out light sigh. Feeling relieved.

After all of you finished tidy up the kitchen, you told the kids to take a shower.

"Shower properly. Don't play inside the bathroom. I will come upstairs later," you nuzzled Aeri's nose. 

"Yea," she said and run upstairs with Haneul.

When you're walking to close the sliding door, your steps halted when hearing Jimin question.

"So, what with this Eomma thing?"