The Untold Truth

7 Fathers

A/n: Hi guys. I'm sorry. Again. For a long hiatus. Guess what? I'm move to another place and I'm trying to settle down. Let's hope I'm getting a new job. Wish me all the best guys.

Chapter 20: The Untold Truth

You walked down the stairs slowly.

Feeling throbbing. 

Little sigh escaped your mouth when you walked carefully threading the staircase.

You saw Jin, Taehyung and Jimin slept on sofa bed. The others must be in Haneul's room or the room beside kitchen.

You continued walking past them while thinking of many things.

'I'm sorry for being stupid'

No! No! Too short.

'I'm sorry for taking the kids out even though you said I shouldn't'

Nope! Too lousy.

You replayed the 'sorry scenarios' a thousand times in your head last night.

How can you say sorry to Namjoon without being weird after that?

In a blink of eyes, you reached the kitchen. You took a mug and put a sachet of chamomile tea.

While waiting for the tea to seep, you heard footsteps from the next room. You closed your eyes tightly and started praying.

'Please don't let it be Namjoon'

You crossed your fingers, hoping for good luck. You were not ready to meet him yet.

'Please'

The footsteps nearing the kitchen.

'Please'

"Who's there?" deep groggy voice was heard.

You opened your eyes. It's--

"Y/n"

"Oh! Hi-hi Joon."

You smiled nervously. You gripped the mug tightly. The chamomile smell wafted in the kitchen.

He looked at your bandaged feet. His eyes was filled with guilt. He rubbed his nape, looked like he wanted to take a run from the kitchen. 

"I-"

Both of you and Namjoon speak at the same time.

You lowered your head and looked down at your cup.

"You-you can go first" Namjoon sighed, pulling the chair and sitting in front of you.

You inhaled deeply.

"Joon-ah, I'm sorry," you looked at him with fixed gaze.

"For everything that happened. I'm sorry. I know it's my fault."

Namjoon staring you in the face.

"I-I-I shouldn't do things like that."

You stuttered when he staring right through you.

He heaved down and rubbing his neck again.

"Y/n-ah, it's not your fault," Namjoon put his hand on the table.

"I'm not supposed to lose judgement. I'm sorry. But when it come to Aeri and Haneul, you must understand why WE are being firm with them!"

Felt like a slap when he stressed on 'WE'. 

"They suffered so much. That's why we didn't want them to hurt again. We want to show the world that they are our kids but we couldn't tell the world how much they mean to us. Everything is too risky. Their mother-"

Namjoon halted when he knew that he was going over the line.

You looked at him while sipping the tea. The awrinees in his eyes told you that he slipped. He just slipped.

"Joon." You said softly, putting down the cup.

"That's okay. I get it. I don't know what happened in past but I know you guys just want the best for the kids."

He sighed in relief when hearing your words.

"But what happened to their mother?"
😢😢😢😢😢

"Oppa! Help me! Oppaaaa!" Aeri's screeching was heard throughout the hall.

"Let her go!" Haneul tried to pull the man's grip from Aeri's fragile arms.

"Move! Stupid kid!" The man kept dragging Aeri and pushed her small body into a dark room. He pulled out the key after locking the door.

"Aeri! Aeri!" Haneul knocking the door desperately. Tears streaming down his cheeks when he heard his sister crying from the other side.

"Open this door right now!" He gritted his teeth, looking at the man behind him.

"Just know your place stupid kid! I'm the one who will take care of you now!" He grabbed Haneul's hair.

"Make sure that brat didn't make any noise or no food for you guys tonight!" That icky man pushed Haneul and walked away.

"What the is Nari thinking? Stuffing me with these damn kids," that so-called foster father mumbling angrily, kicking the wind while walking.

Haneul just sat down helplessly in front of the room while hearing his sister sobbing softly. He looked at their 'foster father' strutting into his room. 

Their real mother stuffed them nowhere just because Aeri want to live with her and called her 'mom'.

Their foster father dragged Aeri into this dark room because Haneul lunged at him, pushing him after he put his filthy hand onto Aeri's shoulder and started rubbing her stomach, tried to lift her shirt up.

Haneul looked at the man in disgust. Didn't their mother have some pity in them?

Aeri kept crying softly, calling for Haneul and occasionally their deceased father.

"Oppa! Save me. Father! Save me! I'm scared!

'How could their mother doing this to him and Aeri!'

Haneul screaming in silence. Tears streaming again under his eyes. He felt helpless.

"Aeri! Calm down. That man was not here anymore" Haneul trying to reach Aeri from the other side of the door when he heard his sister sobbing again.

"Oppa. I'm scared. It's dark in here."

"Don't be scared! Oppa is here."

Haneul brought his body closer with door and tapping the door lightly. Giving Aeri the sign that he was near to her.

"Listen to me Aeri-ah. Just be calm. I'll try to open the door for you."

Aeri's knocking faded from time to time. She must be tired. They didn't eat anything since last night.

The last thing that Haneul could hear was a faint 'Oppa, save me. Please'.
😢😢😢😢😢

"Why I can't reach Haneul's phone?"

Namjoon strict tone greeted Yong Nari when she slide 'Answer'.

"Why so serious darling," he can hear her chuckled across the phone.

"You know why. Where are Haneul and Aeri? Why can't I reach them?"

"I told you right? Change the trustee name into mine and you can meet the kids."

Namjoon face line turned straight when hearing Nari's request.

"It's their money. You knew that Seung Hae Hyung saved it for them. It's their father's will."

"Pftt! Save me the bull! There are no will or whatsoever. I don't understand why Seung Hae put your name as the trustee after he died. But, come one darling. I know you guys love these kids. Give me what I want and I let you guys see the kids again."

Namjoon staring at the blank phone screen after Nari hung up the call.

A loud ping struck him.

Messages from Nari.

[9.37 a.m.] 
Nari: Maybe this can help you guys making a faster decision 😉 it's a little gift from their new foster father.

Nari: Video.mp4

Nari: Time is ticking big boy!

Namjoon brought his hand and clicked at the video. He immediately felt regret when he watched the video.

His heart sank when hearing their small voices.
😢😢😢😢😢

Silence filled the room.

Their surrounding becoming gloomy. Nobody said anything after watching the video from Namjoon's phone.

Suddenly, Jimin slammed his fist onto the table.

"This woman is crazy!"

Jungkook looked at his Hyungs.

"What should we do now Hyung?"

"We cannot let them live in that house. Not after we saw that!"

Jimin carding his hair, sighing heavily.

"Their mother want to change the trustee name. Changed to her name." Namjoon sighing softly.

"Stop saying 'their mother'! That is not a mother. What in this world a mother would let her children being abused like that!" Yoongi hissed, huffing his chest.

"Let's adopt them."

All of them turned their heads to Namjoon, searching for confirmation in Namjoon's words.

It's hard for a single man to adopt a child let alone two. How in the world can they do that?

After a long pause, Jin raised from his chair.

"Let's do it!" Jin nodded, seconded Namjoon's suggestion.

"How about you guys?" Yoongi looked at the rest of them.

"I bet it will be challenging and I don't know how we are going to do it but I don't think I can let them stay with anyone after seeing that disgusting video!" Hoseok balled up his fist.

"Let that witch have the money! We can make another trust funds for them. Just save them for now. Please Hyung," Taehyung looked at Namjoon.

Yoongi leaning into the armchair.

"I agree. Let's go and discuss it with Nari. We will ask for legal right. I mean we need to force her to drop her right. I don't want she has the kids in her hand ever again!"
😢😢😢😢😢

Office door was opened roughly when Yong Nari busily roaming her hand on one of her business associates.

"I'm sorry Nari-ssi! I tried to hold them," her assistant face turned white when Nari glaring at her.

Nari looked at three man in front of her.

"You can go!" Nari dismissed her assistant. That mousy girl scurried hurriedly.

"And you too darling," she looked at the man besides her.

"See you later babe," soft peck landed on Nari's cheeck. The man strode out, purposely bumped onto Namjoon's shoulder.

"What can I do for you gentlemen?" Nari sat on her chair and ran her fingers gracefully to fix her smeared lipstick.

"Where are Haneul and Aeri?" Namjoon glaring at Nari. Yoongi just stood in the corner, observing the situation. Jin crossed his arm across the chest, watching Namjoon huffing at Nari.

"Why is it important for you to know where my kids are?"

"Nari! We are not here to play games with you," Namjoon scoffed. 

"We saw the video," Jin said calmly even but the vibration in his voice cannot hide his feeling right now.

Their heart sank in the bottom when hearing Aeri's plea or when they saw Haneul desperately want to save his sister.

"I thought I named my price," she crossed her legs and looked at the three man alternately.

"First we need to know where they are," Namjoon's tone turned down for a bit as he knew it was useless using force with Hong Nari.

"Then we can talk about your demand," Jin trying to compromise with Nari. 

"What will you do if I don't want to tell where they are?" Nari smirked at them.

"Yah! You crazy ! We are going to report you!" Yoongi literally growling, looking at Nari.

"Just go! Report on me! Let see which foster home they will ended up this time! I'll make sure it's the worst one. Let's just see what kind of abuse they will get," Nari smirking at Yoongi, tapping her long fake nail onto the table glass.

"Are you crazy? They are your children!" Yoongi slammed his hand on the table.

The others flinched a little bit whereas Nari just seated calmly on her chair.

"Just meet my demand. I'll do everything that you want darling," she leaned forward, giving sultry look to Yoongi.

Yoongi looked at her in disgust. 

"Besides, I'm sure Aeri is a bad girl. That's why the foster daddy punished her. Making she knew her place," Nari cooing at them, making face and mocking when she was talking about her daughter.

Namjoon balling up his hands until his fists turning white when listening how Nari talked about her daughter.

Yoongi looked like he was ready to lunge at that bad-mouth woman.

Jin quickly came from behind and dragging Yoongi and Namjoon's hands, pulling them to his side. Trying to prevent bad thing and most probably stupid things from happening.

"Will you do anything? If we really comply to your demand? Will you REALLY do it?" Jin asking in calm voice.

Nari let out small chuckle, nodded fervently. Anything for the money.

"Then."

"We want legal right for Aeri and Haneul!"
😢😢😢😢😢

'That's why we couldn't tell the world they are our kids. Nari put the condition on our agreement. World cannot know we adopted them. She signed over the right of the Aeri and Haneul to me."

"I signed the trustee name to Nari with the condition that she cannot meet up with Haneul and Aeri without our supervision. No visit. No phone call. No nothing directly to the kids. If we breaking the rule, we will lose the right to the kids."

"We don't want she put her hand on Haneul and Aeri again."

You sank down after hearing every words from Namjoon. 

Every words pierced your heart. How come a mother, the person who brought them into this world, doing the things like that to her own children.

 Now you knew why they were protective towards the kids. Why they trying hard to fill the kids' world with laughter and joy. Why they didn't show the kids' to the world. 

All of it was to protect them from the misery.

"Joon, I'm sorry for doing things like that," you immediately regretted your action yesterday.

"No. It's not your fault. You just want to make they happy. Besides, it's Aeri's birthday. I understand that. It's just-just-"

You looked at him. He trying hard to mutter the next word.

"I'm sorry for talking to you like that. I couldn't control myself. I shouldn't let my anger take over me."

Namjoon looked faraway to the yard.

"You were doing the right things. I should know the line."

You touched his hand softly.

"Joon, I promise, I will protect them with all my life."

Namjoon smiled widely and held your hand tightly. Honoring your promise.

Little that you know, your life were already shattered once Nari's name was spoken.
😢😢😢😢😢