The Fateful Encounter

7 Fathers

Chapter 10: The Fateful Encounter

You walked faster toward the house when the morning looked cloudy. You cursed yourselves because you didn't take the umbrella for the kids even though the forecaster said that it will be heavily rain from the morning. As you reached the house, your paces became faster and you punched the code. The door beeped and you grabbed the door hastily.

"Hi y/n!"

You jumped when hearing men's voices echoing inside the hall.

"Gosh!" Your hand clutched your heart.

You glared at them. They just grinned from ears to ears.

"Sorry," Taehyung showed his foolish grin.

"Guys! A heads up wouldn't hurt. I almost had heart attack!" You walked through the hall. Opened up your cardigan, showing the short-sleeves t-shirt beneath. You exchanged the looks with them. They were all wearing casual clothes today. 

Jungkook still in his white shirt and bleached jean. Taehyung choose the wide pants with oversized blue-red sweatshirt while jimin wearing sleeveless gray shirt with faded black jeans.

Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook still grinning on the couch.

"Sorry we let ourselves in. We rang the bell but nobody home," Jimin fiddling the remote.

"Duh! I need to send the kids to school," you jerked your shoulder upwards.

They just smiling hearing your sarcastic answer.

"Did you make breakfast? Please say yes because I'm starving," Taehyung rubbed his belly.

"Me too!" Jungkook nodded, rubbing his belly too, following his Hyung.

"You guys came here without knowing if I'm here or not. Seriously, how carefree can you be," you smile and shook your head.

"I only made sandwiches. I need to go buy some ingredients later. We run out a few things. Help yourself," you went to kitchen, took out the tuna and mixed it with mayonnaise and grinded pepper. 

The three boys followed you from behind and sat quietly while waiting for their sandwiches. You mixed all the ingredients well and spreading the tuna onto the bread. 

You looked outside the window when you heard the rain. The smell of rain water mixed with soil lingering the surrounding.

You took the hard-boiled eggs and mashed it, making some egg sandwiches to compensate the boys stomach.

The boys ate it without any complains.

"I'm sorry guys. If you told me you guys will be coming today, I can get out and buy something earlier. We need to wait until the rain stopped before I can go to the store."

"It's fine, we don't have car too. Our manager dropped us here and went with Hyungs," Jimin said while spreading extra tuna on his bread.

"It's fine y/n-ah," Jungkook said while taking his third bite.

"Where are your Hyungs?"

"They have photoshoot for our new comeback," Taehyung walked toward the fridge and took out a bottle of orange juice, pouring into the glass and gulping it.

Jimin made the 'I want some' gesture to Taehyung. He passed the bottle to Jimin.

"And you guys?" You raised your brows.

"Tomorrow," Jimin stuff another bread.

You nodded your head. "I need to do house chores now. Just make yourself comfortable."

"Yeaaaaa." The three of them nodded their heads.

You started doing the laundry even though the rain pouring from the cloud, hoping that this rain wouldn't be long.

While you were vacuuming upstairs, you saw the sun rising again from the cloud. You finished the vacuuming and rushed to hang the laundry and went upstairs, wearing floral cardigan over your light yellow shirt and grabbed your sling bag.

You walked down the stairs, looking over the hall.

They spread a futon. Jimin and Taehyung slept on the futon and Jungkook just sprawling over the couch. You walked toward Jungkook and softly tapped his shoulder.

He smacking his lips, letting out soft groan. "Yes?"

His eyes still half asleep.

"I'm going to the store," you told Jungkook and went to the door.

"Wait!" Jungkook halted your movement. "I want to come too."

"Huh! You want to follow me?"

Jungkook nodded his sleepy head. 

"To the store?"

He nodded again. Rubbing his eyes.

"Just rest Jungkook-ah. Tell me what do you want. I'll buy it for you."

"No. No. It's been a long time before I went to the store. Please," his bunny teeth showing when he begged you.

"Pleaseeeeeee."

You sighed! 

"Okay."

🍭🍬🍫🍰🎂🍪🎂🍰🍫

Sun clearing up in the sky. Jungkook walked beside the road, along by your side. He stepped on every puddle that he found. You just laughed at his behavior.

Since the store just a walking distance, both of you took time and strolling around. Jungkook opened his hands widely and took a deep breath. Rain smell lingered in his mind.

When you first meeting Jungkook, he wasn't like this. He was nothing like this!

You remembered when he had difficult times to have eyes contact with you. He always kept his head down when talking with you. Averting his gaze from your eyes. 

There was one time where Jungkook need to stay with you because he was down with severe exhaustion. After the vigorous training, doctor said Jungkook must be rested at least two to four days before he could continue the training. You remembered his pout when his Hyungs left the house.


"Why I can't sleep in our dorm?" Jungkook whined at his Hyungs. 

"You are down with this because you didn't sleep and rest properly. So you will be grounded here! Until you are fine and fit to train," Namjoon crossed his long arms across his chest.

"Yeah! You didn't even sleep when we were sleeping. So how can we trust you alone in our dorm," Taehyung rubbed Jungkook's hair

"So, y/n will keep eyes on you. Sorry for the short notice y/n-ah," Hoseok looked at you with bright eyes.

"Ah. No it's fine. I'm glad because I can help you guys."

"Okay then. We will leave him in your care now. Bye Kookie," Jimin threw a pillow towards Jungkook. He just hissed at his Hyungs. They laughed as they know what is Jungkook's reaction when he was left alone with you.

"I need to take the kids to school. Can you stay alone for a while?" You cleared your throat and looked at him. Jungkook was laying around on Haneul's bed. Haneul will sleep in Aeri's room while she will sleep with you tonight as Jungkook sleep in Haneul's room. 

He didn't spare a glance on you. You looked down at floor. Jungkook is the only one that is hardest to approach. He didn't smile nor laughed when you were around. He just became cold around you.

Hoseok always comforting you and said that Jungkook is having hard time to open up with new people but deep down inside, he always try his best to get to know you. 

"Be careful y/n!," you felt like someone tugging your waist. 

"What are you doing!" Jungkook scolded you after he released his grip. You were nearly walked toward the moving vehicle on the road.

"Sorry," you grinned, rubbing the back of your head.

The flashback with Jungkook popped and both of you continue your walk.

🍈🍊🍓🍅🍏🍊🍐

You pushed the trolley along the vegetables section, picking up the carrots and potatoes. Aeri requested the chicken soup again. It's her favorite dish now after she ate it at your house.

You saw Jungkook walked towards you with two bottles of mango juice.

"Can we try this? I saw it on the commercial."

You smile and nodded your head. He put the bottles in the trolley and walked again to take the things that he wants.

"Y/n?"

You snapped when hearing that voice. Slowly, you raised your head and saw his face.

You couldn't believe your eyes. Your mouth opened a little bit. Your jaw dropped. Your lips became stiff. All along in this world, who would've thought that you would met him here. 

"Y/n!" He's yelling your name in excitement. 

You're still standing. Your nerves became numb and you slowly losing the air in your lungs.

He ran towards you and opened his arms, reaching out to you. You becoming a statue when he put his arms surround you, letting him hugged you tightly. 

"D-Dae H-Hwan?"

🍮🍭🍬🍫🍮🍭🍬🍫

Jungkook was strolling along the alleys. It was fun to shop when there were not many people. He whistling while choosing the cereals.

His bunny smile never left his face. It was great when he can buy the things he saw on the commercials. When he turned around towards you, his cheerful smile becoming straight line.

You were in other man arms.

The frown formed along his forehead. 

When he walking near to you and that man, he heard that man said, "Why with this cold shoulder y/n-ah. You know we were more than friend."

"Ahh, you still wearing this tacky cardigan. It is a good thing you don't let down your hair. It doesn't suit with your face."

Jungkook saw your uncomfortable face. He fasten his paces. Every words that came out from that man made you becoming uncomfortable but you couldn't move your body. You were too fascinating with him.

"Y/n," Jungkook's voice made you looked at him with 'help me' face.

Dae Hwan put down his hand from your shoulder when Jungkook glared at him.

"This-this is my friend," you coughed a little while pointing at Dae Hwan.

"So I just friend now huh?" His smirk formed along the mouth line.

He offered a handshake to Jungkook. Smile never leave his mouth. Jungkook shook his hand firmly. 

"I'm Jungkook."

"Your face seemed familiar," Dae Hwan's left brows raised. His attractive smile still lingering on his face. "BTS right?"

Jungkook gave his bestest smile back to him. Nodded his head. "I saw you in CF too."

Their handshake break off. Jungkook recognized Dae Hwan from CF and a few mini drama. He is indeed an attractive and good-looking man. Even his outfit for today is eye-catching. His loose navy blue shirt with his tight blue faded jean and white sneakers really bring out his features. But it didn't cover his obnoxious characters.

"We-we need to go now Dae Hwan-ah. Let's go Jungkook," you pulled Jungkook's hand and pushed the trolley, averting your gaze somewhere else.

"Wait! At least give me your number," Dae Hwan held your hand. 

You looked at Jungkook. Then you focus on Dae Hwan. What should you do?

"Are-are you guys like things now?" He's referring to you and Jungkook.

"Yea......." before Jungkook finishing his answer, you raised your tone. "No! Absolutely not! We are not!"

You saw how disappointment were drew along Jungkook's face.

"Then a number wouldn't hurt right," he's smirking at Jungkook.

Jungkook gritted his teeth when you punched your number into Dae Hwan's phone. He is totally done with that guy attitude. Cocky and obnoxious!

🍭🍰🎂🍫🍬🍪🍭🍰🍬🍫

You just kept your head down along the way to home. Hiding your eyes from Jungkook. He kept on looking at you. 

When both of you reached home, Jungkook helped you put the groceries in the kitchen.

"So who is that?" Jungkook shoot his first question after putting the last things away.

"Friend," you answered shortly.

"Just friend?" Jungkook asked again.

You nodded slowly.

Jungkook walked away from the kitchen, knowing that it is no use to ask if you were reluctantly answering.

You continued staring until his back gone to the living hall. You pulling the knife and start cooking for lunch with heavy sighing.

🍮🍭🍬🍫🍰🎂

You looked at the clock.

'Ahh! I'm late!'

You grabbed your bag as fast as you can and ran down the stairs.

"Woah! Hold on! We are going to pick up the kids," Jimin said after he halted your steps.

Your chest heaved up and down. Your thankful expression made Jimin smile.

"Thanks! I'm sorry because you guys need to do this."

"It's okay. It's been a long time too since we pick them up. We might be a little late. Can you wait for us?" Jimin putting on his blue black beanie.

"Yes. Just make sure they don't eat too much! Or the lunch is going to waste".

Jimin nodded his head. 

"Let's go guys!" Jimin shouted to Jungkook and Taehyung.

"Yeaaaaa!" You heard Taehyung voice from the back room.

Taehyung walked toward Jimin with a cap on his hand. Jungkook was behind him. You put down your eyes, trying to avoid Jungkook gaze.

When all of them closed the door you sighed in relieved.

You looked at your phone. One of the reason why you were late today because Dae Hwan kept on messaging and calling you. 

You sighed when another 'ping' chimed. It's his fifteenth message. You kind of ignored all of the texts but he kept on sending a new one. 

The texts from Dae Hwan made your heart fluttered but you didn't have high expectations on him anymore. Not after what he had done to you.


"Ahh! It's raining!" You whined when the droplets fell onto your head. You ran under the nearest roof, linking hands with the a tall man.

"Then let me be your umbrella," Dae Hwan put his hand onto your head, pretending to shield you from the pouring rain when both of you stopped under the roof.

You gave a sweetest smile to him. Your eyes looked straight into his eyes. His brown iris reflected the light, made him glowing under the pouring rain. You didn't know how a man like Ha Dae Hwan can fall in love with you. You smile and linked your hand to his arm. Hugging it tightly. He patted your head and smile toward you.

🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

"Appa!"

"Kookie-Appa!"

"Yah Jungkook!" A loud smack brought Jungkook back to reality.

"What's wrong with you?" Taehyung looked at him with weird expression.

"We've been calling you. Why do you looked spaced out?" Jimin asked.

"Yeah! I've been calling you Appa," Aeri pouted and crossed her arms.

"Ahh! No-nothing Hyung. I'm fine. I'm sorry Aeri-ah," Jungkook pulled Aeri onto his lap. Teasing her pout. 

"Eat your ice cream quickly. Eomma is waiting for us," Jimin sighed. Looking at Jungkook. What's wrong with him today. After he came back from shopping with you, his mind seemed to be troubled.

Haneul still chatting with Taehyung. Both of them had spoon stuck in their mouth while talking about new game. Jimin fed Aeri her last spoon of ice cream. Jungkook went to the freezer and took out a chocolate sundae. He went to the counter and paid.

"For who?" Taehyung asked, came from behind Jungkook.

"Ahh! Hyung!" Jungkook slapped Taehyung on his elbow.

Taehyung raised his brows, demanding the answer while rubbing his elbow.

"Y-y/n," Jungkook answer slowly.

"Are you having problem with her?" Taehyung patted Jungkook's shoulder.

"You guys looked awkward after getting back from the store."

"We accidentally meeting her ex," slowly, words were sputtering from Jungkook.

Taehyung's mouth dropped down.

"Yah! Is that true?"

"Yeah," Jungkook nodded slowly.

"I thought she never been in love before," Jimin suddenly in out of nowhere.

🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

You heard the footsteps outside along with Aeri's voice shrieking in happiness.

You opened the door with a small smile.

"Did you guys have fun?" you tried to cheer you voice but it sounded fake. Why does Jungkook's face bothering you that much!

You looked at all of them while they walk into the house slowly. 

"Let's eat! I made your favorite food," you smile at Haneul and Aeri.

"Yeay!" Aeri raised her hands along with Taehyung. Haneul and Jimin already made their ways to the chairs.

"C-come on Jungkook," your throat felt dry. 

"Thanks. I'm already full. This is for you. I'm sorry."

You looked at the your favorite sundae on the table until Jungkook lost into upstairs.

 

-note-

I'm sorry guys 😭😭 thanks for your endless support. ❤