I'm sorry, Appa!

7 Fathers

A/N: Thanks for those who subcribed or read this story. I really appreciate it! ❤ sorry for errors, I'm in my hectic week again. First week of school! Love you guys!

Chapter 16: I'm sorry, Appa!

Aeri was fiddling her fingers quietly all the way home. It was the second time you caught her doing that during your walk. It's rare for you to see her like that. Since today Haneul had extra class, its only you and Aeri walking back home. 

"Do you want ice cream?" You pointed at the convenient store beside you but she just walked past through it, without even glancing at the store.

This is weird super weird! This was the second day Aeri behaving like this. Yesterday, she refused to talk to you or Haneul and moping around in her room. You chucked your neck aside, looking at her strange behavior. The quietness continued until the dinner time. You nudged Aeri's arm softly when she's just looking at her food. 

"Why didn't you eat?" You asked softly, tucked her hair beside her left ear.

She just looked at you. Haneul shoot a question look towards her too. It's not that hard to figure out something was off as these kids always in hyper mood. Especially during eating.

Aeri just smiled at you and Haneul, grabbing her chopsticks and slowly eating her dinner. 

"I'm done," she stand up and went to the kitchen with her plates. A brief moment later, she walked slowly to upstairs.

You and Haneul looked at each other with dropped jaws.
👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻

"Yeah! I don't know what happened either," you peered your head outside the door before closed it.

The phone still on your left ear.

"She been quiet since she's coming back from school."

"I don't know. I did ask her, okay. But she said nothing."

"Of course I asked Haneul too. He said he didn't know anything either."

Your conversation was getting heated.

"What do you mean I'm imagining things up. Something is wrong with your daughter and I'm not overreacting, Jin."

You sighed. You called Jin after the dinner, asking if Aeri talked to them about anything. Luckily they just finished practices and having dinner.

"It's up to you guys if you want to come here but the kids already sleep."

"Nope! If you guys want to come, don't make any noise. They have school tomorrow. What do you mean you want to eat again? Didn't you guys just eat!" 

"What? Dessert? No I'm not making any. No! Just buy some ice cream or anything along the way home. Text me if anything. Bye Jin."

You stared at the phone after Jin hang up the call. Maybe Jin was right, you were overreacting. You turned off the light and hoping that you will find answer tomorrow.
👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻

When you walked downstairs. You saw two pairs of shoes at the entrance. You went to the bedroom near the kitchen and saw two figures sleeping soundly on cosy futons. 

'They're here'

You walked closely and pulled Jimin's blanket covering his body. He curled up his body into big ball of blanket. You chuckled and went to kitchen, preparing the breakfast.

In the middle of making egg roll, you heard footsteps nearing the kitchen.

"You're up early Jin," you smiled without turning your head. 

"How do you know it's me?" sleepy Jin propped his hand on the kitchen counter.

"I just know," you chuckled. After living with them for a while, you kind of picking up their habit. Like how Jimin will curled up after you straightened his blanket or how Jin dragging his feet when he's sleepy.

"Where are the others?" You brought the egg roll to the table. 

"Joonie and Yoongi have something to do at the studio. The others went back to house. I just want to check on the kids. Jimin tagged along," he yawned and went to the bathroom. 

You went to the Haneul's room and waking him up. 

"Jinnie-Appa and Jiminie-Appa are here," Haneul face smiled when he hear you. When you heard he's showering, you went to Aeri.

You patted her thigh slowly and shook het softly. "Morning darling," soft peck landed on her temple.

Aeri scrunched her nose, whined softly when you pulled her blanket. 

"Can I not going to school today Eomma?" She opened her eyes and looked at you.

"Why? Did you feel sick?" You touched her forehead. She shook her head. "I just don't feel like to."

This is weird. As weird as Aeri likes to go to school, it's more weirder when she's suddenly didn't want to.

"Did something happened at school?"

She shook her head softly.

"Did you have fight with Hye Lee?"

She shook her head again. If it not a fight with with her best friend, then what was the problem? 

She went down her bed slowly and walked to the bathroom. "I'll go," she mumbled along her way.

"Ahh~ Jinnie-Appa and Jiminie-Appa are here~" you told her, hoping that she will be running to her fathers like usual but she just brushed you off with a small 'hmm'.
👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻

The breakfast was quite unusual. Haneul was telling everything to his Appa while Aeri just spacing out, staring at the food. You gave a signal to Jin while Jimin was engaged in a conversation with Haneul.

Jin looked at you with a shrug. 'What?'

You motioned your eyes toward Aeri. 'Ask her something.'

Jin breathed airily. His hand reached out and tapped Aeri's hand softly.

"Hey Gummie Bear," Jin smiled. Aeri spun her head and looked at Jin with no reaction. 

"Why didn't you eat something?" Aeri continued to stare at her food. Then she stared at Jin with a sigh.

"Do you want Appa to feed you?" Jin took a spoonful of food and gesturing Aeri to open .

Aeri looked at the spoon for a while before opened , taking the food and chewing the food slowly.

"Do you want another one?" Aeri shook her head. 

"Whyyyy~" Jin cooed, pouting his mouth to Aeri. Usually Aeri will laugh and pouted back playfully to Jin.

BUT!

"I'm full," Aeri rose from her seat after finished swallowing her food and went to living hall, leaving you and Jin hanging.
👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻

"Bye Eomma," Aeri waved and walked inside the school building.

You waved back, smiling at her, hoping that you could find out the thing that was bothering her. It's easy to squeeze her answer out but you don't feel it right when you had to force it out of her and Aeri, for sure will be crying. It's better if she told you herself when she was ready.

You turned and walked towards the gate before you heard someone called you.

"Y/l/n-ssi," you looked and smile. It's Aeri's class teacher. You bowed down 90° to her and she bowed back and handed an invitation card to you.

"I think Aeri forgot to give this to you," the class teacher gave you the card. You opened the card and your face showed it all. 

That's why Aeri was behaving like that!

"When I asked the class about parents's approval yesterday, she said nobody available. But I saw the card under her table, so I guess she didn't tell you?" Aeri's class teacher said softly. 

"I won't force if she didn't want to come or join in but I saw she's really like this kind things, so it'll be great if she can participate."

Her teacher explained to you a little bit about the thing and you looked at the card with nodded head.
👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻

"This is why your daughter been feeling down lately," you showed the card to Jin and Jimin.

"What?" Both of them read the card.

"An invitation for a father-daughter danc-" both on Jin and Jimin gasped.

"Dance?" Jimin looked at you. You nodded in approval.

"Father and daughter?" You nodded again at Jin question. 

"That's why Aeri feeling a little down. She even told her class teacher that nobody is available to come with her," you plopped on the couch.

"I don't understand why?" Jin decked his neck.

"Why what?"

"Why Aeri feeling a little bit down? She have 7 Appa to dance with."

"That's right. She can dance with all of us or choose one of us," Jimin added.

"And his Appa show up in 7 different hair color. Real peachy guys. Besides, do you think Aeri can choose between seven of you? She loves all of you. You guys know your daughter better," you raised your brows. 

"Besides, do you think its easy for you guys to go to her school? People are not supposed to know you guys have kids."

Your words made Kim Seokjin and Park Jimin speechless. Jimin sighed softly, carding his hair with his hand. Jin just fiddling around the card, thinking about what should they do.

Suddenly, Jin's phone rang, broke down the silence in the living room.

"Yes?"

"We are. Can you pick us up at kids house?"

"Thanks."

The brief conversation ended.

Jin looked at Jimin. "It's Hoseok. We had practice at 10. They're picking us up."

Jimin nodded and looked at you. "We'll talk about this with the others."

You sighed, hoping for a solution.
👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻

Everyone's jaws slacked down after seeing the invitation card.

"Oh! Our daughter. Poor you," Hoseok grabbing his heart, pretending that it's hurt and leaning towards Jungkook.

"Ah! Hyung! You're dramatic. It's not helping," Jungkook smacked Hoseok's arm.

"She said no one is available for her. That's why her teacher told y/n because she knew that Aeri would never told us anything," Jin sounded sad when he telling the others. One of the person that knew about their relationship with Aeri is her class teacher.

"She said that? Did she embarrassed with us? I guess she doesn't want any of us come with her," Taehyung sighed.

"Come on! Don't think like that. You know she wouldn't choose any of us. You guys know right, how our Baby is," Namjoon exhaled, fanning the card in his hand.

"Besides, we cannot just go to her school. Remember what happened during her Sport Day," Yoongi shaking his head.

It caused an uproar at the school for a while when fans spotted them near the field. Luckily no one noticed about Aeri during that time. They said to the fans that they just having schedule around here and decided to stop here for a while. They had to leave Aeri with one of their manager and leave the school ground when the crowds got bigger.

It's not that they didn't want the fans to know about Aeri and Haneul. But they were bound to something and until the deeds is done, they must keep it quiet.

All of them stared down at the floor. Raking and churning their brain, thinking about how to solve this.
👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻

You heard the door beeped when you were stirring the soup. 

"Y/n!" You heard Taehyung calling your name.

"I'm here," you told them. Jimin texted you this evening, telling that they will be home tonight.

You heard footsteps. Taehyung showed up beside the wall. 

"Smell good!" He grinned.

"It's her favorite," you smiled.

"Where's Aeri," Jungkook asked, coming behind his Hyung.

"In her room. She's just staring at her wall when I checked on her just now."

"Did you asked her about the dance?" Taehyung asked.

You shook your head. "I don't know how. I'm afraid she'll cry or you-know-something. Sorry guys," guilt laced in your voice.

"It's okay. We'll go and see her now," Taehyung pulled Jungkook out of the kitchen.

"Aeri is in her room," Taehyung told his Hyungs.

"Let's go guys," Jin stood up and walked upstairs, followed by the others. "Are you guys ready?"

They nodded in agreement and stood in front of her room for a while before knocking.

"I'm don't want to eat Eomma," they heard Aeri long and dragging tone.

Yoongi signalled for Jin to open after hearing her answer.

"Hi baby."

Aeri turned her head, saw all of her Appa walking into her room. She was hugging her plushie. The one that they bought during their tour in Anaheim.

Namjoon tugged her hands softly, gesturing her to sit down on the bed. Aeri sat down and let her feet dangling beside the bed.

After all of them settled down, Yoongi shot the first question.

"Aeri. Princess, is there anything you want to tell Appa?" Yoongi touched her hand.

Aeri shook her head softly, averting her eyes from her Yoongi-Appa.

"Is that true? Nothing at all?" Hoseok necked his head, looking into Aeri's eyes.

Aeri just looked away, not saying anything.

Namjoon exhaled and brought out the invitation card from his pocket.

"Is there anything you want to tell Appa about this card baby?"

Aeri looked at the card. Shocked drew all over her face.

"How-how-why? I-I don't know anything about that," She's stumbled on her words.

"Is that true?" Namjoon exhaled. 

Aeri nodded her head. "Yes."

All of her fathers sighed softly.

"Kim Aeri! We never teach you to lie."
 
Her eyes started to get teary when hearing Jin's words. Her face turned to red when she's trying to hold her tears.

"Did Appa teach you to lie?" Jin asked her again.

Aeri shook her head. "No."

"Did Eomma teach you?" 

"No."

"Then why you are lying to us?" Jin looked at Aeri's face. It's a lie if his heart didn't wavered seeing Aeri's face.

"I'm asking for the last time Kim Aeri, is there anything that you need to tell Appa?" Jin's strict tone made Aeri flinched and tears started to leak from her eyes.

All of members knew the drill when Aeri's crying and stay still in their place even though they wanted to rush to Aeri's side. It's something that they agreed on - Don't coax a child when he/she crying when doing something wrong.

After a while, her crying turned to small sob and stopped. 

"Are you okay," Namjoon patted her shoulder. Aeri nodded softly, bowing her head down.

"Let's go wash your face first, Aeri-ah," Namjoon stood up and held Aeri's hand softly. Aeri nodded softly and followed her Appa to bathroom.

Taehyung handed a towel to Jin. He wiped Aeri's face and let her sat down comfortably on her bed again.

Aeri looked at each one of her fathers. She looked down again and mumbled a soft 'Sorry Appa'.

"Princess, Appa are not mad at you," Hoseok cooed at her. "We just want to ask."

"Why didn't you tell us or Eomma about this?" Jungkook held her hand dearly.

"Be-be-because I don't want Appa to come," Aeri looked down, fiddling her fingers.

All of her appa looked sad. They looked at each other before looked at her again.

"Is it because you different from others? Because you have seven fathers?" Jimin looked at her.

Aeri shook her head, "No-no. I would love to dance with Appa but Appa should rest at home when Appa have free time," Aeri said softly, looking at all of her Appa. For God sake, everyone looked so smitten with Aeri's words.

"I didn't mind if I cannot go to the dance but Appa worked too hard right now. You need to rest or you will fall sick. Eomma said that Appa worked hard for me and Oppa."

Aeri looked down again, fiddling her nails.

"Then why are you feeling down these few days?" Taehyung shrugged his shoulder.

"I-I don't want Appa or Eomma know about this thing."

"That's it?" Jin exhaled in relief when he heard Aeri's words.

She nodded her head. "I left the card at school. So Eomma won't know about it. I don't know how Appa have the card."

"Aish! You little girl! You almost give Appa a heart attack!" Jimin hugged Aeri, peppering her with snuggle kisses. Aeri laughed at her Jiminie-Appa kiss. 

"I'm sorry. For making Appa worried about me," Aeri bowing in apology to her fathers after the kisses attack stopped.

She walked slowly and hugged each one of her Appa.

"I'm sorry Jinnie-Appa," Aeri hugged Jin, pecking on his cheek.

"It's okay Baby. I'm sorry too. Appa is worry about you baby. Remember, you must tell Appa or Eomma if anything happened."

Aeri nodded and moved to her next Appa. "I'm sorry Kookie-Appa," Aeri hugged Jungkook's neck. 

Jungkook lifted her up and hugged her back. "It's okay honey bunch. Just don't do it again."

"I'm sorry Hobi-Appa,"  Aeri ran into Hoseok hug after Jungkook putting her down.

"Awww! You sunshine. Please don't have any secret from Appa again. My hearteu is hurting when you did that."

Aeri walked slowly to her next father.

"I'm sorry Yoongi-Appa," Aeri hugged Yoongi's waist tightly. 

"Look, Appa are never too tired when it comes to you. So you just don't have to worry, alright princess?" Yoongi hugged Aeri back, kissing her temple.

"Awww! Don't cry," Taehyung patted Aeri's back when she hugged him.

"I'm sorry Tae-Appa," Aeri small sob can be heard again.

"It's alright honey. Remember, Appa will never be mad at you as long as you tell Appa everything."

She nodded again.

"Jiminie-Appa, I'm sorry," Aeri went to Jimin.

Jimin wiped the tears and kissed her cheeks before hugging Aeri. "Appa always love you baby girl. Don't lie to Appa anymore, okay? Please don't cry. Can you smile for Appa?"

Aeri nodded and smiled to her Appa.

"Come here you pumpkin," Namjoon carried Aeri in his arms. 

"I'm sorry Joonie-Appa," Aeri kissed his cheek.

"I'm sorry too darling. Remember to tell us everything that's bothering you, okay?" Namjoon hugged Aeri tightly in his embrace, peppered her with feathery pecks.

"Let's go see Eomma."
👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻👧🏻