(un)Happy Time

7 Fathers

A/n: Hey guys, thanks for always support me even though I can't update regularly. Love you guys! This story nearing its ending. 😢

Chapter 23: (un)Happy Time

"This"

"Is"

"Your"

"House!!"

You shocked in gasp! And awe!

Aeri and Haneul always talk about their fathers house. You never set foot in here but you never imagine their house will be this beautiful.

Even beautiful was too overrated compared to these sophisticated architectures.

It was like somebody pasted an expansive interior design magazine into this house.

Your eyes were greeted with a neutral palette of cream and bronze painted in the living hall.

You looked up at the ceiling and saw beautiful crown molding engraved around the beams.

"Do you like it?" Taehyung noticed how you contemplated the whole room in front of you. But his question just floating around your ears.

In your whole life, Aeri and Haneul house was the most beautiful things you ever set your eyes to.

You always pictured these guys's house with a little bit of mess over here and there judging for their mess level in kids' house.

BUT! Va-va-vom! 

Don't judge a book by its cover!

This house didn't looked like seven man lived in it. It's like Cinderella lived here with some kind of cleaning fairy. You guessed that's the most accurate observation you can conclude about the level of cleanliness and neatness of their house.

The living hall was decorated in pearl white sofa and lined horizontally with a wide screen television. 

"T.v. on," Haneul sat down on the L-shape sofa and you saw the flat screen lit up.

"Woah." 

You gasped silently. 

Taehyung opened of of the drawers below the flat screen television and taking out two slender white remotes and gave one to Haneul.

"Bowling?" Taehyung wiggled his brows.

"I'm gonna beat you this time Appa," Haneul took one of those remote from Taehyung.

"Yeah! Like hell I'm going to give that chance to you!"

"Tae! Language!" You heard Jin voice from the behind.

Taehyung and Haneul grinned at each other before started their virtual bowling match.

You went to close the opened drawer and saw other gaming equipment nicely stacked in the space below the television. 

You felt soft breeze hitting your cheeks when Jimin pressed a button allowing a door slide automatically revealing a green scenery beyond the door.

You're limping to the door frame and saw a mini garden and further than the garden was a black night canvas with numerous light striking from various structure around.

"Your house are great!" Your little squels with sparkled eyes adorned every single details of the house.

"It's better than before," Jimin smiled at you. "But we rarely spend time in this house now."

"Yeah. If we were not busy practices and concert, we will be buried with the promotion or composing the song. I think we were in studio more than in this house. Yoongi Hyung already had another set of bath equipment in his studio," Taehyung helped you sitting properly on the sofa while waiting for his turn to bowl. 

He put one sofa pillow under your bandaged foot with a small pout. You chuckled hearing his whining.

"Y/n, just you can choose where do you want to sleep," Namjoon putting another bag down. 

Aeri skipping in delight towards you and Namjoon upon hearing her father words.

"Can I sleep with Eomma?" Aeri smiled sheepishly to Namjoon.

"Of course you can baby," Namjoon tickling his daughter causing smaller laugh erupted.

"Appa~ stop it~" 

"I guessed one of us need to spend time in studio for a few night," Yoongi put down a few bags in the living hall.

Namjoon nodded in agreement to Yoongi. He made way to the kitchen and brought out some water to you.

You mouthed 'thanks' and sipped the water.

"Aeri," Jungkook called his daughter. "Choose your bed now princess."

"For real? Yeay!" Aeri jumping in joy.

She went to each room with Jungkook before decided to sleep in Jin's bedroom.

"You want to sleep here? With Jinnie-Appa?" Jungkook led Aeri back to the living hall.

"Nope. With Eomma," Aeri grinned and joined you at the sofa.

You saw Taehyung and Jimin want to start the 'But I want to sleep with Eomma too' game.

You shoot the death glare towards them. It's not a good time. You're too exhausted for this.

'Don't you dare!'

You saw Taehyung pouted his lips to Jimin and his partner in crime stuck his tongue to you.

'Party Pooper!'

You don't know what with these boys and their 'I want Eomma too' games.

You huffed you fringes and trying to get up from the sofa. 

"Can you at least say please help?" Hoseok rushed to help you getting up when he saw you wobbling on your injured foot. 

"Your foot need time to heal."

You gave him childish chuckle and walked toward Jin's room with Aeri. 

Jin helped you carried your luggage and Jungkook helped Aeri bring hers.

Jin's room looked modern and neat. Pastel pink hue flowing around the wall with king-sized white bed in the middle.

You guessed he is a minimalist person because no extra unnecessary ornament in his room and everything was placed in perfect order.

"I don't have much thing inside my room after we moved into this new house," Jin smiled at you while he putting your things beside the desk.

"Your room is nice," you cracked a small smile to him. 

"Thank you. Anyway, have rest. I will call you when dinner is ready."

He shrugged in shyness and slowly walked out.

"Wait!" You tugging Jin's hand before he went out.

"Where do you sleep tonight?"

"I guess I'll be bunking with Yoongi. Hope he didn't threw me out," Jin smiled before he closed the door.

You sat on the bed while Aeri rummaging her luggage.

"Go take your shower first young lady," you put your clutches beside the bed.

Aeri grabbed her towel and rushed into the bathroom.

You slowly lowering yourself down from the bed and sat on the floor. You opened your luggage bag and took a towel along with your bath supplies.

You huffed your way onto the bed again before changing your clothes.

It is not that hard to change by yourself. You pulled up your shirt and slipped into a bathrobe. You pulled down your ankle length skirt and put it aside.

"Eommaaa! I'm done!" Aeri running out from the bathroom.

"Don't run. And don't scream. Here, wear your pajama," you handed her mint green silk pajama and walked carefully to the shower.

Aeri was humming happily while drying her hair with a small towel when she her knocking on the door.

"Who?"

"Jiminie-Appa."

Aeri opened the door, revealing fuzzy-haired Jimin grinning widely at door frame with a blue t-shirt and black sweatpants.

"Where's Eomma," Jimin asked when he didn't see you around.

"In the shower."

"Come on out. I'm bored," Jimin pouted. 

Aeri walked out the room and sat on the sofa in the living hall. The hall was empty. No sign of the other fathers or Haneul.

Jimin closed the door and followed Aeri.

He took the towel from Aeri and started rubbing onto her hair slowly.

"Do you like it here?" Jimin meticulously drying his daughter hair.

Aeri nodded in smile.

"Of course I like it."

"Why do you like it~" Jimin tickled her neck.

Aeri giggles filled the room.

"Becauseee~~ I can see Appa whenever I want now."

Jimin ruffled his daughter hair playfully. He laughed whenever he heard Aeri small squeal and pulled her into a huge bear-hug. 

Both of their eyes were now trained to brown jacket Namjoon when they heard door opened.

"Appa?"

"Ahh! You guys startled me!" Namjoon rubbing his chest when he saw Aeri and Jimin grinned on the sofa.

"Where do you want to go?" Aeri hopped down from Jimin's lap and approaching Namjoon.

"Appa has some work. So Appa will sleep in the studio tonight. You and Haneul be in your best behaviour. Okay?" Namjoon lowered down his body, looking at Aeri with the same eyes level.

"Jimin-ah, tell Jin Hyung to sleep in my room. I'll sleep in studio for a few days."

"But Hyung, it's still early. Can you go after dinner?" Jimin glances at the clock on his phone.

Namjoon was going to stand up when he felt a soft tug at his jacket arm.

He sighed a little when he saw a small lips was stretched horizontally in silence. 

"Don't..."

His daughter lower lip started to push up and the lip corners turned down. 

"Aeri..."

Her chin pushed the lower lip upward to raise intensely accompanied with half tears eyes.

"Baby, Appa has to go. I'll promise to be back tomorrow," Namjoon saw extreme sadness in their daughter face. Her cute pout was starting to show when the lower lip curled forward. 

"I want Appa."

"Don't looked at like that Aeri-ah. You said you want to sleep with Eomma tonight."

"Bu-but I want to sleep with Appa too," Aeri put her small hands around Namjoon's neck.

Jimin soft giggles was heard when he saw Namjoon put his bag down. 

"Okay. Well maybe we can bring out the futon and have sleepover here for a few nights," Namjoon exhaled softly and smiled. 

"Work can wait I guess. Let's go to Tae-Appa room. We can see Tannie~" 

Aeri nodded in delight and grabbed both of her fathers hands.

Truthfully, all of them love Haneul and Aeri. They couldn't imagine if something ever happened to them and tbey knew the decision to bring them here is the right one.

It was right. Right?

🐏🐏🐏🐏🐏

It's MONDAY!

You screamed in joy. Finally! Finally you'll be out from this confinement.

Jungkook drove the car calmly beside you while you're wiggling in happiness.

"Tone down a little bit would you," You felt a swift flick on your forehead.

"Ouch! That's hurt Jeon Jungkook!"

He chuckled while resting his hand under his chin and steering the wheel with another hand.

"Stop those stupid wiggles. I know you will be out of your cast today."

"Never been better and never been alive."

You're looking out of the window. Wondering what life would be if you didn't meet them. Maybe you still be at that small town but different house though. 

You still remember the day that Hang Sil trying to drive you out. Those vile hands on your body. You felt disgusted. You remember crying in the shower when you scrubbed your body.

"We are here," Jungkook turned off the engine. You were pulled back to the reality when you saw the clinic sign.

Here I come freedom!

🐏🐏🐏🐏🐏

"TAEPWON!"

"Aeri-ah, it's Taekwon!" You chuckled when Aeri showing her new moves while walking back to home.

Since today all the members had practice and you didn't want to bother them, you and Aeri decided to take public transport.

"TAEKWON!"

"That's right."

You ruffled her hair. She had her hair braided by you before attending the Taekwondo Class. She's been learning basic class for four months now. Her moves had gone better than before.

After Haneul getting his black belt, their fathers insisted that Aeri should join the class too. For her own protection, they said. 

You shook your head left to right when Aeri trying to do high kick up in the air. 

Should you blame Jungkook for introducing those kind of things to the kids? 

It's all started when Jungkook showing his move in taekwondo and Haneul kind of admiring it and that's how Aeri continued to take these lessons too.

"Ouch!"

You looked at Aeri. She was rubbing her ankle. 

"That's why I told you to slow down."

You walked toward her, inspecting her ankle.

"It's nothing," you put her foot down. "Can you walk?"

She nodded and tried to stand up.

You held her hand tightly with sudden stirring jolted through your body.

You seemed to feel uneasy in your chest. You always have suspicious feeling these days.

The feeling of edginess.

The feeling of wariness.

The feeling of uneasiness.

It's like something. 

Hurmm

No not something.

It's more like someone was watching you and Aeri. Someone eyeing closely and waiting a time to lunge at you.

"Eomma! let's go home," Aeri tugging your hand.

You smiled and nodded at her. 

"Let's go baby."

And how you wish you just turned around just to see an envy silhouette looking at you and Aeri with anger.