The First Time

7 Fathers

Chapter 6: The first time

The sea blue shade curtain gave a calm mood around the house. You were sitting on the verandah, feet hanging down. The wind softly touch your face. Your hair move a little bit, touching your cheek when the wind blew to your direction. 

The kids went to school with their fathers. The members need to go practiced for their upcoming concert this morning, so they dropped the kids off to school before went to studio.

You let out small breath. Jimin's question yesterday led to a heart-to-heart session last night. All of you talked about many things. Its all start with Eomma thing and then it led to the kids thing and lastly it became your sorrow story sharing.

Your mind wandered to the first time you saw Haneul and Aeri. You never knew that fateful day started with a suffocating morning.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

"Yes I know that! I will pay for that later," you hissed and turned off the call.

Sigh was out from your mouth. Lately you had been sighing so much!

That was your foster parents relatives. The debt that you bear after your foster parents died will be paid of after two years. Half of you felt relief because you don't have to deal with them again. For two years, you had been scraping and saving every penny you earned from your odd jobs to pay for your debt. You felt thankful that late Mr and Mrs Kim had taken a good care of you. So this is a way for you to repay their kindness.

Since today is your day off after 3 months working for non-stop, you decided not to mope around the house. You want to make your day off more memorable by forgetting all those ty things. 

You went to take a fresh shower, putting on your favorite shirt with a simple plain calf length skirt. You smile at your reflection on the mirror. You combed and tied your hair in ponytail. You smile again

Your favorite place is the sea near your house. Since today is Wednesday, nobody will be around. When you arrived at the sea, you kicked off your shoes and held it in your hand. You took the trail along the beach, kicking the soft sand at your feet. You let the sea breeze cool you off from all the problems in this worlds. No matter what time is it or  what weather you are currently having, this sea really soothes you during your hard time.

You inhaled the smell of the salty water and the wet sand. You gave your sweetest smile to the sea. People really get on your nerves a lot. You just let out everything you felt towards the waves.

When it is nearing the end of the bay, you heard a small sobbing. At first you thought it was the waves sound. You pitched your ear more. 'It is a child sobbing.'

You looked around and saw two kids. A boy and a girl. The boy looked like he was holding the girl's hand while the girl was sobbing. You walked towards them.

"What happened," you asked softly.

The boy flinched when he saw you. He quickly put the girl behind him. He seemed doubtful at first when you were approaching them. 

"We...we are lost," the boy replied. 

"Okay, where is your parents?" You looked around and see nobody.

"My Appa are at hotel but I don't remember where."

"Did you guys went out without your father permission?" You were guessing, judging from the boy behaviour. The girl behind him looked flushed. Her eyes was teary. She looked quite weak.

You tried to touch the girl's hand. The boy flinched once again and dragged the girl into his embrace. 

"Ahh.... don't be afraid. I just want to look at her. She looked like she has fever. Is she your sister?"

The boy nodded.

"What is your name?"

"Haneul," the boy answered.

"And your sister?"

"Aeri."

Suddenly the girl reached out her hand to you. You smile and went near to her. Checking her temperature. Her body feel hot. She was burning up. You looked at your watch. It is nearly twelve o'clock. No wonder she is burning up.

'What should I do' 

You asked in your gut.

"Haneul, lets go find your hotel," you got up and reached your hand to him and his sister. They took your hand and started walking with you. 

After showing a few hotels near the bay, three of you rested under a palm tree. 

"I guessed your hotel were far away from this bay," you exhaled harshly.

"Yeah. We were walking quite far thus morning. Aeri want to see crabs and fishes," Haneul averted his sight towards the sea.

It is hot right now. You touch Aeri's forehead. Her burning didn't went down. She looked really weak and wobbly. 

"Haneul-ah, lets go to Noona's house first. Aeri is burning up," You carried Aeri and walked towards your house. Haneul followed you without any protest.

You rushed to open the door. You laid Aeri down the futon and took off her white and black printed flower cardigan and leave only her sleeveless shirt. You let her rest for a while before taking her temperature with thermometer.

You switch on the table fan and put on the lowest setting, let the atmosphere around Aeri cooled down as the fan circulated around the room.

The thermometer beeped and 38.5°c showed on the screen.

'Yikes! It's quite high'

Aeri just whined, her eyes looked tired. You took a piece of cloth and took a small basin with water. You damped the cloth and put on her forehead. You took another damped cloth and wiped around her body. 

She started to feel cool and rested comfortably. Her whine stopped but once in a time she rustled on the futon while mumbling 'Appa'.

Haneul looked worried when he saw his sister.  You just smile at him.

"Don't worry. She is fine. Haneul, can you help me?"

"Yes."

"Take care of Aeri for a while. I need to cook something for both of you. Aeri need to eat something. You too."

He nodded. Looked grateful to you.

You went into the kitchen and came again with a bottle of water and two glasses. You poured the water into the glasses and gave one to Haneul. He drank it in one go. He looked really thirsty. You took another glass to Aeri. She opened her eyes when you touch her forehead.

"Aeri-ah, lets drink water,"You smile at her. She looked at you weakly. You helped her up and put the glass near . She drank nearly half of the glass. 

"Good girl," you helped her laying down again.

You damped the cloth again and put it back on her forehead before went to kitchen. Haneul just finished his second glass. 

After wandering about 5 minutes in front of the fridge, you took out the chicken and some carrot and potato. 

Well the chicken should lasted you three days of meal, but you were pity with the kids even though today is the first time you saw them. 

'Well I can eat ramen before the next pay'

You mumbled to yourself while cutting up the vegetables. In between the cooking, you went to change Aeri's towel. After 20 minutes in the kitchen, you turned off the stove and went to check up on the kids. You smile when you saw Haneul lying down besides Aeri, his fingers intertwined with her fingers. He let out soft breath when he inhaled and exhaled. You changed Aeri's towel once again before you set up the lunch on the foldable table.

You startled when you heard rough knocking on the door. You glanced at the clock. It is 1.30 p.m. Who would be coming to your house at this time?

When you opened the door, you were greeted with a familiar, annoyed face. 

"I don't want to see your face here anymore. Get out from my uncle house!" The figure in front of you spat out his word.

"What are you talking about?" You looked disbelief.

"I got the courts permission. This is my property from now on. So I want you to get out from this house by tomorrow!" The man shoved a letter to your face. 

You were shocked when you read, "the house in stated address  is now granted to Mr Kim Hang Sil...."

"But...but... I don't have anywhere to go. You can't do this to me Hang Shil," you literally begged Kim Hang Shil, the only nephew that Mr Kim had. 

"I don't care. I want to sell this house. So you can get lost!" He smirked at you when seeing you helpless.

"But this is my parents house," your voice toned down. "Please don't throw me out. I don't have anywhere to go," tears forming on the corner of your eyes.

He smile smugly. "Well maybe if you can compensate me with something, I'll be generous and let you stayed here until you found another house."

"What do you mean?" Your tone accentuated.

 "You do have nice body. Let me taste that. Then I can give you something in return," his eyes was scanning you up and down, smacking his lips.

Your anger level rising. You always despised this man. He did hit on you and you rejected him for so many times. 

"Yah! I'm not that kind of woman!" You pushed his chest and tried to go inside. 

He grabbed your hand and pulled your hair.

"I'm trying to be nice here woman! Get out from this house. I don't want to see you tomorrow! Do you understand!" He yelled at you when you rejected his demand.

He let your hand and hair go and went away from your houe. You held in your tears. You went inside quickly when Hang Sil's silhouette was gone and dashed straight to the kitchen. You sat by the stove, letting the tears streamed down. How could you leave the house that gave you love for all this times. You put your hand across your mouth, covering your sobbing. You don't want the kids woke up finding you in this wrecked mess. 

Suddenly, you felt a warm body hugging you from behind. A pair of small hands came from the sides of your head, embracing you shoulder. 

"Don't cry," you heard Haneul's voice behind you. 
 
You just sit still. Tears still rolling down but no sobbing.

"I heard everything," he said in soft voice.

Your eyes wide-open. Your breath hitched! Why does this child acted like he is an adult. 

"Come with us."

"Hmm!" You hummed as you were not hearing it well.

"Come with us to Seoul!" His voice clearly pierced your ears.

You blinked your eyes a few times. Could not believe what your heard. 

"Come with you guys?"

He nodded.

"To Seoul?"

He nodded again.

You laughed and wiped your tears, forgetting about what Kang Shil just said to you. You turned around to Haneul and gave him a wide smile.

"Haneul-ah, thanks for comforting me. But Seoul is faraway from here. I can't just go there you know," you held his hand. 

"I heard everything that the man said. You don't have house anymore. You can live with us. I'll ask my Appa. He will let you stay with us."

You just let his words flew by and smile. This is absurd. You took his hand and went to Aeri. You checked on Aeri. Her body don't seemed to  burn up anymore.

You shook her body gently, trying to wake her up.  She opened her eyes slowly and whined in slow voice. She drew herself closer to you and rested her head on your lap.

"Aeri, wake up. You need to eat," you patted her shoulder. She opened her eyes again and slowly propped her body up. You helped her docked herself onto the wall near the foldable table. You gave Haneul bowl with rice and another bowl with chicken soup. 

"You must eat well Haneul-ah. Sorry, Unnie only have this dish."

You didn't have time to make any side dish and you were too busy working. Haneul just nodded and digging his meal.

You put the plain porridge into the bowl and pour some chicken soup with potato and carrots. 

"Open your mouth Aeri. You need to eat," you held a spoonful of porridge near .

She shook her head. You tried to coax her again. She only looked outside, staring at your sunflowers.

"Do you like sunflowers?" You asked. She nodded her head.

"Look, if you eat, Unnie will give you a bouquet of sunflowers. Do you want it?" You chirped your voice.

Slowly Aeri opened . You smile and fed her all of the porridge. 

"Good girl. Now let's rest for a while before you lay down," you wiped her .

Haneul just finished his meal and put his plate into the sink. He even do his own dishes.

You smile and wondered about his parents. Such a good boy. Ahh! Then something strike you. Why don't you just call their father. Aish! Stupid you! It is better than wandering around for hotel.

"Haneul, do you by any chance know your father phone number?"

He was thinking for a while and the nodded his head.

You gave him you phone and he dialed the number, gave the phone back to you. You pressed call button and wait for the ringing.

The ringing felt long and the other side didn't pick up the call. You redial the number back. There's still no answer.

"Do you put in the right number?" You asked while redial for the third times. 

He nodded.

"Hello?" You startled when you heard a deep voice. Their father sounded...young.

"Hello?" Their father asked again.

"Ahhh...hello. Is this Haneul and Aeri's father?" You just stuttering when hearing the father voice.

"Yes. Who is this?" The father sound worried.

"I'm y/n. Your kids are with me. I found them near the beach...," your voice got cut in the middle as you heard ruckus from the other side. 

'Yah, somebody found them!'

'Really?'

'Thank God.' 

'Let's go get them now!'

"Sir! Sir!," you have to yelled to get his attention back.

"Yeah! Yeah! Sorry we were just worried when they went missing. We searched along the beach but we couldn't find them. I nearly want to lodged the police report. Thank God you called. Can you gave me your house address? We will pick them up immediately," the father speech jumbled up as he was overwhelmed.

You gave him the address and turned off the call. 

"Your father will come in a while," you told Haneul.

You helped Aeri laying down on the futon back and pick up all the things on the foldable table, brought them back into the kitchen.

When you were busy washing the dishes, you heard knocking on the door. You turned off the water and dried your hand. Haneul already at the door. 

"My fathers!"

You opened the door slowly. A young man with purplish hair stood in front of the door. There were another silhouettes behind him.

"Appa," Haneul ran, hugged his father.

Your mouth just flew open! You just being hit by astonishment. His father is so damn young! 

"Please come inside," you invited your guests after the bewitchment is off. 

You counted the number of your guest. 1 purplish hair, 1 black hair, 1 orange hair, 1 pink hair, 1 gray hair, 1 dark brown hair and lastly 1 light brown hair.

There were Seven of them. Young! 

You saw the dark brown hair was lecturing Haneul.

"How many times I told you not to go out by yourself."

"I'm sorry Appa," Haneul put down his head.

Wait! What? Appa? But he just called the purplish-haired Appa. 

"Hyung, don't be hard on him," the pink-haired hugged Haneul.

"Don't make Appa worried like this again, alright," the black-haired rubbed Haneul head.

You rubbed your forehead. So the black one also Haneul's father. You gulped the lump on your throat.

"Ex-ex...cuse me, are....are...are all of you by the chance, his FATHERS?" you asked in astonished tone.

Haneul nodded his head. Then each of them nodded their head too.

What? What in this world! Your head became fuzzy. 

"Miss. Miss! Are you alright?" The orange-haired touch your houlder when he saw you looked wobbly. 

Before you could answer, Aeri's whine filled the room. All of you rushed to her side. 

You sat beside her, helped her to get up and her fathers sat across the futon. 

"Are you okay?" You put your hand on her head. No more burning. 

She nodded her head.

"Appa," she turned to her father. 

"I'm sorry. I asked Oppa to bring me  see Mr crabs and fishie."

Her eyes looked sad and guilty. The pink-haired come closer to her. 

"Please don't do this to Appa anymore. We were worried when you and Haneul suddenly gone," he embraced Aeri tightly. Kissed her forehead.

Aeri tried to stand up, the pink-haired helped her and putting back her cardigan.

"I'm sorry for taking them to my house," you bowed your body. "Aeri is dehydrated and burning up."

"No-no, we are the one who should say sorry for causing this inconvenient to you," the light brown-haired bowed his head back to you.

"Yeah! Thanks for taking care of them," the purple-haired also bowed his head.

"We should head back to the hotel right now. We still have things to do," the gray-haired reached his hand to you. You shake his hand and bowed your head. "Thank you once again," he gave the sweetest smile to you.

"Thank you Unnie," Aeri hugged you. You placed your hand around her shoulder and hugged her back tightly.  

Haneul just stood at the door and bowed to you. "Thanks for taking good care of us."

"Can we come and see you again tomorrow? Before we leave?" Aeri asked you shyly. She was holding hand with his gray-haired father.

"Of course," you nodded. She smile at you.

When they walked out from your house, Haneul turned to you and looking at his purplish-haired father. His words made you shocked.

"Appa, can Noona come back home with us?"


P/s: it is BTS COMEBACK SHOW today!