The Fateful Encounter! AGAIN?

7 Fathers

Chapter 11: The Fateful Encounter, Again?

"So, who is that guy?" Jimin pointed his fingers to the guy that's been talking with you for the last 10 minutes. That man seemed to crack a joke as he was laughing by himself and you just nodded your head, agreeing to his joke. You chucked you body backward a little when that man purposely moving closer to you. 


"Is he the ex?" Taehyung asked.


Jungkook sighed and nodded. Regretting their decision to shop here before going back to the kids' house.


"He doesn't look like the one you've described to us," Taehyung smacked Jungkook's shoulder.


"Yeah! He didn't look that annoying," Jimin added. "Besides, y/n looked okay with him."


"No Hyung. You just wait. At any moment now, y/n will looked like she was choking on something," Jungkook said with affirmative tone to his Hyungs. After Jungkook's words finished, they saw that your face turned from normal to awkward mode. You tried to smile along the conversation but the man next to you kept on telling you something that edging you a bit.


"See," Jungkook raised his brows. "I told you." 


"Yahh! How do you know that?" Taehyung's eyes glided in amusement.


Since you live with them for half a year now, Jungkook knew your face changed from smiling to awkward mode when there were something that you felt uncomfortable with and you will rubbing your nose to make yourself comfortable again. You are too polite to say no, but your face show it all.


"Shouldn't we help her?" Jimin pushed Jungkook slightly from behind.


Jungkook sighed again when he saw you rubbing your nose and trying to smile at Dae Hwan.


They walked slowly approaching toward you.


"Ah! It's your friend," Dae Hwan smile  to Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung that already behind you.


You turned back with puzzled look. "What are you guys doing here?"


"Shopping. For the house," Taehyung gave his boxy smile. Dae Hwan offered a handshake and Taehyung grabbed his hand firmly.


"I'm Taehyung, and this is Jimin."


Dae Hwan looked at them with wide smile. Showing his remarkably shiny teeth.


Jungkook that standing behind Taehyung just rolled his eyes when he saw that. Does this guy ever get tired smiling the fake smiles all the times?


"Wow! It's an honor seeing you guys here. I'm a fan," Dae Hwan kept smiling while talking with them. Jimin and Taehyung had a little chit-chat with him and Jungkook just staring from behind. 


You breathed in relieved. At least you were not caught in uncomfortable and suffocated moment like before. It's hard to end conversation with Dae Hwan.

"Why don't we all go to the restaurant? We can have brunch together. I knew a good one around here," Oh no! Your breath hitched again when hearing Dae Hwan's suggestion.


🎯🎮🕹️🎲🎯🎮🕹️🎲


"So, how are you guys doing now?" Dae Hwan started his question after arrived at the restaurant.


You looked around the place. There were not many people around. This is the first time you ever came into this kind of place. The interior looked nice and luxurious. Nobody sat around your table. You glanced at your watch. It's still early. The guys and you sat at table for six where Jimin sat in the middle between you and Jungkook and Taehyung sat beside Dae Hwan on the other side of the table. Jungkook just staring at Dae Hwan as their seats were across each other. The waitress came to hand the menu.


"Right now, we are having the photo shoot for the new concept outfit," Taehyung just smile at him.


"How about you?" Taehyung asked back.


"I'm quite busy with my modelling career and the drama shooting."


You just smile when hearing Dae Hwan talking. It's good to hear that his life is going on so well.


"There's been something that I want to ask about y/n. How on earth that she know you guys so well? I mean this is my second times saw her with Jungkook," Dae Hwan asking cynical question while looking at you. You knew that this would happen. His smirk plastered, replacing his fake smile. Is that a question or sarcasm because you knew that he's annoyed with you when you didn't reply his text or return his call back.


Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung just looking at each other before looking at you. You just fiddling your nails.


"Ehmm!" Taehyung tried to get rid the awkwardness of the question. "We are her friends."


"Wow y/n! I never knew that you've been friend with famous people," Dae Hwan put his fingers on the glass table and tapped it slowly. The atmosphere was silence again.


You just let out heavy breath. "I-I work with them," you bite your lower lip. You cannot say that you're their children's caretaker. It will cause quite a big stir for them.


"Wow! You work at BigHit," Dae Hwan's amusement tone sounded like  sarcasm in your ears.


Jimin was putting his hand onto Jungkook's lap, tapping it lightly when he saw Jungkook seemed like he wanted to breath fire at Dae Hwan.


"Uhh! No. I don't work there," stupid you and your big mouth!


"So where do you work?" Dae Hwan kept on asking question.


You showed your greatest uncomfortable and annoying face to Dae Hwan. He just laughing when he saw you trying to rebel in silence.


Taehyung looked at Jungkook with 'Don't curse even though you want to' look when hearing Dae Hwan's question.


"Well, we want to know more about you Dae Hwan," Jimin sudden question changed the atmosphere again.


Dae Hwan started to talk about his early involvement with the modeling career and all of his stuff. Not forgetting to mention that he was your ex-boyfriend.


Seeing all the people around you was  busy talking, you decided to looked at the menu. The waitress came when she saw you fiddling with your menu.


"Are you ready to order?" She asked you in polite way.


You smile in shock and looked nervously at her. "Umm-I-Umm."


"Ahh, I would like this," Taehyung cut into the nervousness and showing the menu to the waitress. 


"You can tell me what do you want. I'll order it for you," Jimin smiling and said softly to you, while helping you looking at the menu together. 


"Seriously, is this your first time coming to a place like this?" Dae Hwan scoffed slowly but it is enough for your table to hear it. You looked flushed with embarrassment while he was smirking as you looked like you were going to choke on your words. 


Jungkook balled his fist and looked at Taehyung with 'can I hit him now' look.


Taehyung raised his brows and slightly shook his head. 'Not now'


Your face looked relieved when you placed the correct order without embarrassing yourself in front of them. You looked at Jimin with grateful expression and he smile back at you while mouthing 'its alright'.


"Well I guess it's enough to talk about me," Dae Hwan sipping the sparkling water from tall glass when their food arrived.


Despite of Dae Hwan's attitude, the foods really looked good and smell delicious. You made a small mental note to come here again with the kids.


"Let's enjoy the food," Taehyung said while holding his fork. "Waaa, it's look good."


"Back to y/n, what do you do again with them?" Dae Hwan continued his question from before.


You stopped from looking at your food when Dae Hwan asked you again.


All of the movements halted when hearing Dae Hwan's question. Seriously, does this guy ever stop? Jungkook screamed inside.


Jimin held Jungkook's fist tightly when he saw Jungkook's ears turning red while smiling at Dae Hwan.


"We don't really discuss work while eating, Dae Hwan-ssi," Jimin smile straight to Dae Hwan while taking his first bite. 


"Did you? Or you just don't want to discuss about her. I'm sorry for my question," Dae Hwan smile turned into thin line. 


"I just want to know how y/n is doing now. I mean she is too secretive about her job. It's not like you were doing bad things, right y/n?" his smirking pierced right to your eyes. 


"Someone like her, friend with somebody like you guys? It must be quite scandalous life she's living, isn't it right y/n?"


"She was quite wild back in the days. I just don't think that she become wilder here, right?" He continued to deck his brows, edging you. Since you didn't even spare a text to him past few days, Dae Hwan felt annoyed and flustered as he seemd like the one who caved in and excitedly sending those messages to you.


This is too much! Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung face changed when hearing Dae Hwan words. You just bite your lips. Lowering your gaze in embarrassments.


"Can you stop?" Jungkook looked at Dae Hwan.


"Huh?" Dae Hwan raised his head towards Jungkook.


"Can't you see that she is uncomfortable with all those questions," Jungkook's serious tone made you hitched. Did Jungkook just get mad?


"And what with that stupid remark! What the hell dude! Really? Wild!" Jungkook's tone raised an octave.


"Shouldn't I be concerned about her?" Dae Hwan chucked his shoulder. "I meant good, okay? If she's having a problem here, I'll be glad to help her.


"Guys, stop it," you said softly while looking at Jungkook and Dae Hwan.


"He started it first," Dae Hwan said to you while pointed at Jungkook.


"I don't think she is uncomfortable. If she was feeling like that, she will surely tell me. Right y/n?" Dae Hwan smirking at Jungkook.


"I guess this is it. We'll take our leave first Dae Hwan-ssi," Jimin remained composed besides Jungkook.


"Thanks for inviting us. I hope this is  the last time we ever met," Jungkook rose from the chair. "Let's go Hyung."


"The food here was good though," Taehyung gave his boxy smile to Dae Hwan. "But your attitudes are not."


"Well then, we'll leave first. Thanks. Ahh! Don't worry about the bill. We'll settle it for you. Let's go y/n," Jimin held your hand and walked with Jungkook and Taehyung.


You just following Jimin without glancing at Dae Hwan. His words hurting you so much. Maybe because he was the one who you loved.


"Let's take a taxi together," Taehyung hailed a taxi from the pavement.


Even in the taxi, Jimin still held you hand tightly. He can felt that your hand was terribly shaking.


No one said anything along the way to the house. 


After Jungkook opened the door, Jimin letting go your hand when he saw you had calmed down.


"I'm sorry for what happened," you bowed down 90°. 


"It's okay y/n-ah. We shouldn't go with him after all," Taehyung patted your shoulder, urging you to raise you head.


"I can't believe that he was the one you used to love. How can you love jerk like him!" Jungkook balled up his fist in the air. Ahh! It's annoying!


"Jungkook!" his Hyung warning tone echoed in the hall. Jimin just massaging his nose bridge when hearing Jungkook's words. 


"She just let him saying all those things to her, Hyung. That jerk should feel lucky i didn't put bruises on his fake face!"


"Jeon Jungkook!" Jimin voice intensifying across the room.


That's when Jungkook knew that he just crossed the line.


It was not the first time Dae Hwan talking to you with that tone. You used to let it slide as you love him so much. When your foster parents died, you only have Dae Hwan at that time. Even though he said that you're exaggerating and pesky when you've been crying after their funeral, you still love him and helped him when he need money. Truly, love had made you blind in judgement. You used to believe that he will come back home and brought you along with him to the city. But his last visit broke your heart to pieces when he muttered those words.


'My family didn't like you'


'They said orphaned girl is a bad luck for me as I've start my career now'


'I hope you do well in your life'


'You don't really think that I will come back and take you with me?'


'It will be real pain when my friends saw you with me'


You clenched your chest. All the things he said to you just echoing in your ears. 


Jungkook's words also hurting you as if it was your fault for letting Dae Hwan looking down on you.


All of sudden, you felt a sharp pang in your chest and your eyes felt hot. 


Why do you still love someone like Dae Hwan?


"Y/n?" Taehyung asked in panic when he saw your tears streaming out.


"Y/n," Jungkook called you softly. His voice was lacing with guilt.


"You are being too much Jungkook!" You yelled at him and pushed your ways upstairs.


🎲🕹️🎮🎯🎮🕹️🎲


It's like being back to square one with Jungkook. He really gave you a cold silent treatment. It's same as when he first meeting you. Or is it far worse than before? Even the kids noticed that.


"Eomma? Why did Kookie-Appa behaving like that with you," Haneul shoot up the question straight to your face.


You pressed your fingertips onto the kitchen counter, trying to find the proper answer. How can you say 'Oh it is because I yelled at him because he said my ex is obnoxious and aggravated'


Can I?


You started to question yourself again. It will be easy if you can tell the truth to Haneul.


"Ehmm!" You cleared your throat. It felt dry when you trying to cough out the words. 


"Kookie-Appa is haa-"


"Haneul-ah."


You and Haneul looked at the voice. Your conversation were interrupted by Jungkook.


"Do you want to go with me and Aeri? We're going to the park," Jungkook's bunny smile plastered across his face. He was looking straight at Haneul, didn't even spared a glance towards you.


"Cool! I want to show you my new skateboard tricks," Haneul quickly got up from the chair and ran upstairs, ditching the conversation with you.


"Jungkook! I'm sorr-"


He turned away before you could finished your words, leaving you in frustration.


🎯🎮🕹️🎲🎯🎮🕹️🎲


"You're too harsh on her."


Jungkook woke up from his daydream. Jimin sat beside him. Once in a while, he waved at Aeri that still learning to ride her skateboard properly. 


"Aeri-ah! It's not like that! You'll fall!" Taehyung ran to her side when she's nearly slipped from her board. 


Haneul just laughed when Taehyung fell down instead of Aeri.


"You think so Hyung?" Jungkook looked at Aeri and Haneul. "Am I too harsh? Haneul asked her about that too."


"Yeah! She's trying her best to make peace with you. So please be nice to her, will you?" Jimin patted Jungkook's leg before going to the Taehyung and the kids.


Jungkook letting out his sigh. His slender fingers scrolling his phone. Your apology messages flooded his mailbox. He laughed at your text that filled with rabbit emoji. Every text were full with 용서해주세요. 


'I'm sorry Jungkook-ah 🐰'


'I know you have big heart!🐾🐇🐾'


'Please forgive me and my big mouth'


'I'll produce an apology song with Yoongi to you Jungkook-ah 🐨🐨🐨 please forgive me ✌️🏻"


Every messages filed with your characters. Jungkook can imagined how your face looked like every time you say 'sorry'. 


Jungkook smile for the last time, put his phone into the pocket and got up, joining the others.


🎲🕹️🎮🎯🎲🕹️🎮🎯


You tilted your head a bit, trying to find a good angle for the plate. This was the last straw. Aja aja fighting~


You ran upstairs when you heard the voices outside the door.


Taehyung pushed the door after the beep.


"Y/n! We're home."


"Eomma!" Aeri called you.


"Why don't you and Oppa go and shower first," Jimin kneeling beside Aeri. Touching her small nose. "I'm sure Eomma is upstairs."


"You guys have to shower properly," Taehyung gave warning to both of the kids. "No more bubbles war! Understand?"


Last month, Jin almost twisted his ankle when he slipped on slippery floor when Aeri and Haneul played bubbles war in Aeri's bathroom. They were grounded for a week by you after the incident.


"Yeaaaaaaa," both of them gave long answer before walking slowly dragging their feet to upstairs with Jimin.


"I want to drink something cool," Jungkook walked to the kitchen. 


"Yaa. Bring me some juice too. Thanks," Taehyung gave him boxy smile.


When Jungkook entering the kitchen, his steps stopped at the table. He laughed when he saw the setup on the table.


'What with this girl!'


You even made the apology kimbap for him. Jungkook smile when he saw the 'apology kimbap' with a so-called  apology note.


To: JK


Sorry for what happened. 


Truly

Y/n~


🎯🎮🕹️🎲🕹️🎮🎯


"Good night Haneul," you waved and turned off the light in his room.


"Y/n."


"Ahh! You shocked me," you rubbing your heart when you saw Jungkook was standing behind you when you closed the door.


"I have something to say to you before we went back to the dorm."


You gestured him to move further from the kids' room. 


"Before you say anything, I'm sorry Jungkook-ah," you bowed down in apology.


"No. No. I'm the one that should apologise to you y/n-ah."


"I-I'm sorry," Jungkook looked down at the floor. "It wasn't intentional. Those words just flew down by itself."


You smile. "It's okay Jungkook. I knew that you didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry too for yelling at you. Dae Hwan can really getting on my nerve from time to time."


"I guessed maybe because we've grown attached to you. That's why I was mad when he treated you like that. You are a good person, so you didn't deserve that kind of treatment from that kind of man."


"I'm sorry when I said those kind of things to you but I'm not sorry for him though," he rubbed the back of his neck, bowing his head. 


I-I just don't want him to hurt you again," he bowed down his head, hiding his red face. He felt like the blood flushed all over his cheeks.


That night closed in with warm smile between you and Jungkook. Again.