You are our Mother

7 Fathers

Chapter 4: You are our mother

After touring half of the world, BTS finally touch down in Incheon International Airport. The massive crowds flooded the airport. One by one members passed by without problem through the gate. 

They closed the door when Taehyung entered the car. 

"It's good to be back!" Hoseok literally screaming and stretched his arms.

"I miss my mum and home-cooked meal," Namjoon whined, rested his head against the seat headrest. 

"I'm going to check on the kids," Taehyung pulled out his phone.

While waiting for the other side to pick up, they were joking and fooling around. 

"APPA!"

"Hi baby!" Taehyung screamed at the phone screen. Waving his hand.

Aeri grinned through the screen.

Taehyung clamped his phone onto the phone stand between driver and co-driver seat. 

"Can you see Appa?" Taehyung asked. Aeri nodded her head. Jimin and Hoseok waved at her and she waved back.

"Where is Oppa?" Jin leaning his body forward to get a better view.

"I hate Oppa right now! I don't want to talk about him," Aeri pouted her little lips, making Namjoon and Yoongi laughing in awe.

"Why?" Jungkook coo at her.

"He is bad namja!" 

The members let out big laugh when they hear that.

"But Appa miss Oppa," Hoseok said while making cute face.

"Then you should call him," sulking Aeri was emerged. Hoseok laughed and trying to made up with her.

"Where's Unnie?" Yoongi decked out his head, looking around the screen.

"Eommm....ummm.... Unnie is busy," Aeri bit her lips. Nearly letting out her secret with you. "Just wait."

All members can hear Aeri running around the house looking for you. 

"Yah! Aeri don't run! You'll fall" Your voice echoed through the phone. Aeri gave you the phone and run to her room.

You were shocked as all the members on the screen.

"Hi y/n!" Taehyung waved at you.

"Ah! Hello. Did you just arrived?"

"Yeah! Hey, where is Haneul? Did the kids fight?" Taehyung asked you. 

"Er... Umm.... they were good. You know how kids are. One time they're tick, one time they're fighting," you let out nervous chuckle. "Wait a minute, I give the phone to Haneul."

You walked slowly to Haneul room. The door was slightly opened. You peered you head through the crack and saw Haneul was scribbling something on his desk. He was wearing earphone, so you walked slowly, creeping behind him, gesturing to all member do not make any noise.

You hold the phone higher to get a better view. Haneul was sketching something on the paper. 

You tapped Haneul's shoulder. He flinched and turned around and shocking filled his face. He grabbed everything that his hand could on the table and hide it.

"Jeez! Noona! Don't you learn knocking!" He yelled at you. His face turning red as tomato.

You just grinned and handed the phone to Haneul as you walked out of his room, you could hear his Appa were teasing him.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

The cold war between Aeri and Haneul had go on for three days and that's mean Aeri been calling you Eomma for three days. You have grown accustomed to it. Deep down inside, you kind of like it because it made you feel like you are somewhat important in her life. Something that you never felt for a long time.

Even though three of you eat together, tension between Aeri and Haneul was no joke. You never saw Aeri getting mad like this. 

It is a little bit uncomfortable being in this kind of situation. You saw Haneul fiddling his fingers around the spoon while Aeri slurping her radish and meat soup calmly. Deep down inside, you knew that it's killing Haneul when her sister make a silent treatment to him. These kids sometimes acted mature than their age.

Their fathers did asked you when they sensed the tension between the kids but you keep on insisted that it is just an usual bickering. 

After the quiet dinner, you asked the kids to stay at living hall while you finished your chores. When you went to the hall, you saw Haneul flipping every channel on television and Aeri was immersed in her book. 

"Please stop this fight," you took the remote from Haneul, closed the television and put Aeri's book down.

Aeri and Haneul looked at you.

"Please stop this fight Aeri-ah, Haneul-ah," you repeat your request.

Haneul's eyes shimmer up when he hear your word. He couldn't continued this dispute anymore. While Aeri still in her poker face.

"Oppa is bad. I'm not going to forgive him of what he said about you," Aeri crossed her arms.

"Yah! You are the one who crossed the line. Who in their right mind want to call their nanny Eomma!"

Aeri pouted at her brother remark, giving 'I don't care' look. Haneul gripped his hand on the sofa. Look frustrated with Aeri's attitude.

"Don't fight! Look Aeri, Oppa really doesn't mean anything that he said," you trying to smooth out the environment between them. 

You yourself don't even know how to react in this situation because you never been in one. You wish Jin was here. He seemed to has better ways with the kids. You sighed at your failure.

"You love Haneul right," you looked into her eyes. Trying to understand her heart. Aeri's gaze changed and slowly she nodded her head. 

"So, forgive him," you trying to speak as soft as possible. Trying to instill the logic into her minds.

"No. He must apologize first!"

Seeing Aeri still stubborn, you turned to Haneul. Giving him the look 'Apologize now'. He shrugged his shoulder and not moving even an inch. 

"Fine! If you guys keep this kind of attitudes, I can't say anything. Appa must be sad when they know you guys are fighting like this. Maybe Appa will fire me from this job because I couldn't take a good care of you," you used their fathers as the bait. Aeri looked restless. She seemed to clicked the bait. You trying to hide your corner smile. She couldn't stand it anymore. 

"I'm sorry." 

Suddenly, the apologize come out from Haneul mouth. His head downed and he is rubbing his neck. Feeling guilty and embarrassed.

Both of you turned to him. "I know I crossed the line when I yelled at you Aeri-ah."

"Good boy," you patted his shoulder. Smiling for his bravery. You looked at Aeri, gesturing her to apologize too.

She let out small sigh. "Okay, I'm sorry too. For fighting with you."

Your heart feel warm when Aeri hugged Haneul. You rubbed both of their heads.

"Apologize to Eomma too. You said bad things about her," Aeri pulled your hand towards Haneul. Your eyes popped out! Aish! This girl!

Haneul was shocked when he hear Aeri called you Eomma. He looked at you with disbelief. 

"Why did you call her Eomma!" Haneul's tone is higher. Oh no! You sensed another dispute.

"Because I don't have mother and I want her to be our mother." 

"Stop calling her that. She is not your mother. She is NOT my mother!" Haneul shouted.

"She is not our mother! Why couldn't you understand!" His grip was tightened on the sofa. Haneul's chest heaved up and down. "She is not our mother." 

Aeri flinched when she hear Haneul's tone.

"Haneul! Calm down!" You are panicked. This is first time you see Haneul behaving like this. Instead of throwing tantrum like you thought, his tears just running down on his face. This is first time you see Haneul's vulnerable moment. Jin always said that he is a calm person like Yoongi and playful like Taehyung. It is hard to see him crying.

Your mouth dropped down. Aeri looked shocked. You in pinched, don't know what to do.

You rushed to his side when your senses hit you. You pulled him into your hug. It is a rare sight of you hugging him. You let out soft shush sound and rubbing his back. Trying to calm his down. He didn't try to break down your hug. His sobbing fill the hall space. Aeri come to his side too. Looking worried. 

"Why do you have to be so good to us," his body sobbing in your hug. His voice cracked.

"Why do you love us! Just treat us bad, so we don't love you back!" He shook his head. Shaking off everything out of his mind. You just keep hugging him. Haneul never talk about his feeling before. 

You are speechless when you hear Haneul's words. You just put your arms closer to Haneul. Letting him crying his heart out. 

He slowly pushed your arms and getting up from the sofa. Wiping his tears. You stared at him while he is dragging his feet upstairs and soft thud echoed through the house. 

You were dumbfounded for a while in the quiet living hall. Staring blankly to Aeri. When your piece of mind calmed down, you take Aeri hand and tucked her to sleep. 

"Is Oppa going to be fine?" Aeri asked while you straightened her blanket.

"Don't worry, Oppa will be fine," you smile at her, trying to ensuring her and yourself too. 

"Night Eomma," Aeri slowly closed her eyes.

"Night princess," you kiss her forehead. 

You turned off the light and closed the door. 

You looked at Haneul's room. Maybe you should give him space to calm himself. 

You went to your room. But things seemed to be out of place. Everything feels wrong. You just got into deeper thought and become pensive.

The knocking on the door startled you up. You get up from the bed and open the door. Haneul is standing, his eyes still puff but his tears were gone.

"Do you really love us?" Sudden question from Haneul startled you up. 

"I heard you talking with Aeri the other day. Do you really love us?" He repeat his question. Again. With clear voice.

You're surprised at his question. 

"Yes."

"Do you just said that because our fathers pay you."

"God! No," you shook your head. "I know it's my job to take care both of you. That is what your fathers pay me to. But loving you guys, that's come from my heart."

You never had real family too. Like Haneul and Aeri. So you understand his doubt. You used to cry when you saw another kids with their family. You cursing to sky when you feel helpless, when your parents leave you. You used to think your relatives love you but in the end, you're just ended up being thrown away from one family to another. Until Kim's family took you in and you felt love again. 

Haneul move closer to you and reach out his arms. Hugging you. You bend your body and hugged him too.

"I'm sorry because I said bad things to you before."

"It's okay. I know you were upset about that Eomma thing."

He wrapped his arms on your neck. Buried his head into your shoulder. "Should I call you Eomma from now on?"

You just stared into the blank space ahead. Thinking the best answer. "If you feel like it, just call. Aeri called me Eomma because she thinks she don't have one. But I'm sure you remember your mother."

"No, I don't remember her either," his firm tone echoed in your room. He released his grip and bid you goodnight. 

"I love you."

You never heard an 'I Love You' from him before.

"Thanks for loving us.....Eomma.