- Shock

Roommates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once again, Jennie cannot comprehend the feelings she has for the user ‘Pokpak’ on Ppong App, and Lisa her roommate. Granted, both of them are the same person but that’s something she would have to figure it out.

She likes talking to ‘Pokpak’ because that is online, they don’t know each other’s appearance though Jennie does not care about it much but deep down she hopes the other party is good looking. On top of that, she feels like that they are close friends already though they started chatting just a few weeks back and if they can’t be something more, she wishes that they’ll still be friends.

On the other hand, Lisa is physically here, pretty, have a cheerful and carefree personality, someone who is able to make her laugh easily without trying, a wonderful dancer and definitely a great person to be with. She still remembers the days where the blonde girl would buy her bread occasionally at night and place it on her table for breakfast the next day and then there’s her who will always try to sneakily return the money.

“Argh, why are feelings so complicated?” Jennie knocked her head softly against the wall while complaining silently as it was still early in the weekend morning and she does not want to wake the tired Lisa up.

Yesterday was such a good day because she got to see how the taller girl danced so smoothly and in sync to the song like there is a dancing gene inside of her. Not to mention her body too, perfectly proportioned and her good looks just added an extra point to her feelings. Jennie was all smiley until her thought went back to how close Lisa and Dahyun were.

“Maybe they’re just friends? Close friends? More than that? Wait a minute, why am I thinking about all these?” Jennie questioned.

To distract herself, she went on ‘Ppong App’ to ask about the result because she didn’t receive anything from this particular user when it say it would update her the outcome.

[8.33am] Uyuaiseukeulim: You still alive? Hahah, hope I’ll get to hear good news from you!

As soon as she sent the message, Lisa’s phone coincidentally vibrated and it woke the blonde girl up because she is a light sleeper.

Lisa stretched her body and let out a soft moan, she then sat up from her bed, squinting her eyes towards the source of light while yawning and found Jennie’s table lamp is switched on and there the culprit sitting beside it.

“Hey you, good morning” Lisa yawned again.

‘Morning, you must be tired from the dance competition yesterday.” Jennie smiled at her cute blur state.

“Yes yes, had such a good night sleep. I’m physically and mentally healthy now that I slept so well. Hope I didn’t snore though, or did I?” Lisa asked.

“Nope you didn’t. Even if you did, it would be a cute one” Jennie replied while mumbling the last part.

Lisa didn’t pay much attention to the last part of what Jennie said so she just nodded and smiled whilst reaching out for her phone to check the time and saw a notification from ‘Ppong App’.

[8.40am] Pokpak: Oh my god! I am so sorry, it slipped off my mind to tell people that my group and I went into the next round! By the way, good morning!

Jennie was clearing pictures on her phone for space storage when she saw the notification drop bar, her eyes lit up knowing that the other party is awake and is here to chat with her. Thus, she quickly went in to the app and gave a swift reply.

[8.41am] Uyuaiseukeulim: That’s good to hear! I wanna go support you someday just like how I supported my roommate, morning too!

[8.41am] Pokpak: Sure, but first let’s go have that long awaited aiseukeulim date! Did your roommate made it too?

[8.42am] Uyuaiseukeulim: Yes she did! Hmm, how about an aiseukeulim date today at noon since it’s the weekend and we have no classes. Sounds good?

[8.42am] Pokpak: Huh? Wait, you are serious?

Something went over Jennie that she doesn't even know why she suddenly proposed that, but well, now that she had said it, she is pretty interested in meeting this user that she has been talking for long. She is even willing to let her ‘online’ and ‘offline’ personality meet. So, what if it crashes? It is bound to happen one day and she let it happen today.

[8.44am] Uyuaiseukeulim: Yes, dead set. Do you not want to? It’s okay if you don’t want it… I understand.

Lisa looked up from her phone and thought hard after the message, should she agree or not? The way the message was crafted, she knows if she rejected it, the user would be upset and might not want to talk to her anymore. She is in a huge dilemma, she does want to meet this user but on the other hand what would they do after they met? Will they continue to talk normally? No doubt, she did like talking to the user almost every day because they have common topics and are able to joke around freely. She is certainly nervous but did the thing that would make her happy.

[8.47am] Pokpak: Ahh okay, let’s do it then… Since the school cafeteria closes at noon today, we shall meet outside of school. The nearby ice lab?

[8.48am] Uyuaiseukeulim: Sure! I’ll see you there :D

Jennie’s stomach growled loudly after sending the message and looked up to a chuckling Lisa who then asked, “Breakfast at cafe?”

The pair then reached the cafe after their own separate wash up, there are only a few people out here enjoying their food or drinks because the rest of the humans would rather sleep in.

“Since you had gotten me bread for my breakfast some days, I’ll treat you today! You go find a nice seat and I’ll go buy sandwich for us. As for your drink, taro smoothie am I right?” Jennie beamed while passing her phone to Lisa, only taking her wallet.

Lisa smiled and nodded feeling happy because Jennie remembered her favourite drink from the first time they sat down and have a civil talk. She appreciates that the shorter girl is so observant because no one else actually paid much attention to her before.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter