- Date & Don't repeat the same mistake

Roommates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One day before, the girls’ gathered to discuss on what they are going to do tomorrow for their double date.

“So, any plans for our date?” Jennie asked.

“Movie?” Lisa suggested

“Let’s go and eat! Chikin! Dalg Kkochi!” Jisoo beamed.

“I heard that there is a carnival near the campus, should we go there?” Rosé chimed in.

“Sorry Lisa, there’s no good movie showing now. Oh! I heard about the carnival too, seems like a good idea and we will be able to eat the food there too! So, tomorrow evening?” Jennie concluded.

“Okay, call.” The girls agreed simultaneously.

Today is the D-day where girls are going to be having their date. Since they all agreed that this is going to be a ‘hang-out’ kind of date, thus, none of them took the extra measure to wear something extraordinary nice and it is still quite chilly in Korea so they would prefer to dress up comfortably.

“Lisa-yah! Are you done changing outside? Cause I am going to come out.” Jennie shouted from the bathroom.

“Just a moment,” Lisa shouted back while giving a whirl in front of the mirror to make sure that she looks presentable. She is wearing a red Champion hoodie with her blue jeans, “okay I’m done!” Jennie came out from the bathroom and both girls exchanged glances then onto their outfit, the shorter girl is wearing a white sweater together with a Nike sweatpants.

“Wow,” Jennie complimented, “you look good.”

Lisa blushed slightly, “you don’t look that bad either with this monochrome style.”

On the other hand, Rosé came out of the bathroom wearing her favourite blue hoodie and black ripped jeans, she also took notice on Jisoo’s outfit. The girl had her purple hair up in a bun, wearing a black tee paired with jeans too.

“Unnie are you not afraid of the cold? By the way you look good in a bun!” Rosé praised.

“Manageable temperature, and you look good in blue too.” Jisoo winked.

Little compliments, blushing faces, butterflies in their stomach are what made dates more interesting and enjoyable. Although their ‘date’ is wearing a simple outfit but to their own eyes, simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. They are content with whatever the other party is wearing, they can even wear a garbage bag and they will still love their ‘date’.

The girls met up at the dorm lobby because Jennie is going to drive them there, they hopped into her car and Rosé being the music queen got hold of the aux cord and started her own party. Rosé once heard that her dad was a DJ when he was young, she thought that maybe that is the reason why she is so into music. Soon, the car is filled with music and chatters being thrown around.

After an 8 minutes drive, the girls reached the carnival.

“Wow! It’s so pretty here.” Jennie said while twirling around, absorbing the whole carnival atmosphere and not forgetting to take some pictures using her phone.

“Hey! Let’s take a selfie before it gets dark!” Lisa exclaimed, already holding her phone up.

After taking the selfie, Jisoo suggested that they should go and grab some snacks at the food booth to eat because she is starving. She then leads the way and smoothly linking her arms with Rosé, leaving Jennie behind.

Lisa has a hobby and that is photography. So, she took this opportunity to take pictures of the carnival, from the game booths to the Ferris Wheel and to her friends. While snapping a few more shots, she took notice that Jisoo and Rosé are already walking ahead clinging on to each other and then there’s Jennie, walking alone. She inwardly cursed at herself for always being so slow and oblivious, she quickly jogged up and linked Jennie’s arm.

“Oops, sorry for leaving you alone.” The taller girl whispered softly into Jennie’s ear.

The shorter girl looked up and smiled softly, “now that you are here, it is okay.” 

Truth to be told, Jennie was a tad upset when she saw how happy Jisoo and Rosé are enjoying themselves in front of her. She turned back and found Lisa happily snapping pictures away, too engrossed to care for her. Thus, she decided not to ruin this happy moment for the younger girl.

“Lisa-yah, I saw you taking pictures just now. Are you interested in photography too?” Jennie asked, trying to start a conversation.

“Yes! My mom told me that since young, I always run around with a camera on my hand and taking pictures of everything. Who can blame me right? Everything is so nice!” Lisa giggled at the memory, “also a picture speaks a thousand words. What about you, why are you interested in photography?”

“Same, I would like to have a story to say or to remember every time I look at a picture, because I tend to forget things easily.” Jennie shyly confessed.

Jennie and Lisa sat down on the bench provided in the food booth area to reserve seats for all of them as the crowd are filling in while Jisoo and Rosé queue up for the food.

“Unnie, what would you like to have apart from chicken?” Rosé asked.

“Nothing, I only want chicken.” Jisoo beamed at the thought of having delicious chicken.

Rosé is staring at Jisoo, realising how cute she is when she is so persistent on getting something and especially her love for chicken. She then snapped out of her thoughts, “okay I will queue for food while you go and get the drinks?”

Soon, all four girls are back at the table with their food and drinks. They were eating and chatting happily until Jennie saw a familiar face just across their table, the rest of the girls stopped eating and looked at her walking towards someone.

“Jihyo?” Jennie asked.

“Jen?” she replied and upon standing up, she hugged Jennie tightly. “How are you doing?”

“Been trying to move on ever since school started, you?” Jennie reciprocated the hug.

“Yea, same, glad to say that we are both coping well.” Jihyo wiped a tear away from her eye and hugged Jennie tightly.

“Tzuyu would be happy knowing this up there.” Jennie smiled and moved away from the hug to look into Jihyo’s eyes, “I am so sorry again.”

Meanwhile, the whole interactions have been mystery to the three girls behind the table with questions forming and running around their mind.

Jisoo then decided to speak up, “Rosé yah, since you knew Jennie longer, do you know who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter