- Cat is out of the bag

Roommates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[10.32am] Uyuaiseukeulim: Ya ok.

Jennie decided that she would reply Pokpak after a day of ignoring her because she is still ‘salty’, she was so pumped up to meet this user yet a wet blanket was thrown at her.

Lisa’s phone vibrated in the middle of the class and luckily no one noticed, she checked the notification and saw that Jennie finally replied her after a day of missing in action. She noticed that her reply is short and cold thus, immediately connecting the dots to where she cancelled the date and thought in her head, “damn Lisa, she is still angry.”

Everything should’ve went as per normal if only she didn’t find out that her talking buddy is actually her roommate, the one that got her feelings a little confused with.

The blonde quickly dropped a text to someone, ‘S.O.S, level 3 corner washroom’ and excused herself from class.

“Yo kokki what’s up!” Jisoo barged into the washroom knowing that only Lisa will be in there because no one would be in this corner washroom at this timing.

“Why is keeping this secret so hard?” Lisa groaned.

Jisoo shrugged, “You could’ve just told her to truth you know, instead of groaning your life away here.”

Ever since Lisa found out that her chatting buddy on Ppong App is actually her roommate, she has been very conscious on the replies sent to Jennie in the App and how she acts in front of her but that doesn’t help at all because she noticed that she had grown closer towards the older one. After all, physically that is the least she can do after she cancelled the meet up and truth to be told, Jennie is really clingy.

“Jisoo unnie ah, I think I might have developed some feelings for her.” Lisa confessed.

“You think?” Jisoo smirked.

Lisa nodded furiously, “I haven’t dated before but you know like I get all those theoretical feelings when I am near her and now her reply on Ppong is bothering me.” She said while showing the reply to Jisoo.

The foreign girl is still quite a into this relationship game, well, she has not dated yet as mentioned but according to her friends back in Bangkok who has the experience, they told her about all these uneasy feelings she will get when she is near someone she likes. Such as, having the usual butterflies in her stomach, heart thumping fast and shortness of breath. The taller girl definitely experienced all that when she is near Jennie.

Jisoo teased, “Oh , you definitely like the ice queen!” she advised, “But seriously, I think you need to stop with these hiding of identity thing and come clean to her, don’t drag it anymore! It’s gonna get worse.”

“I know, it’s hard to after so long especially having the dance competition that is coming up, I don’t really have the time but I’ll try, thanks unnie for being my listening ear, helping me to keep this a secret and giving me advices.” Lisa smiled, ending their ‘Ppong App’ topic.

It’s time of the week again for the dance competition HanTaeGug took part in, the group trained hard every day after school despite their busy day schedule. On top of that, every time Lisa entered the dorm (yes she finally remembered to bring her keys), she would notice how Jennie will always wait up for her till she came back to the dorm late at night and how she lied saying that she is actually staying up to complete her work when in reality Jennie had completed them already.

Jennie continued to stay up despite her fatigues, as she is looking forward to that daily talk the both of them shared after Lisa had done her wash up which they enjoyed it very much even though they talk about random things.

“So how was the dance practice? Tiring?” Jennie started.

“Eh, of course but I love doing what I am doing now. In a dance competition, adapting to a new environment since I am attending college here away from my home. Hmm, can’t complain.” Lisa shrugged while drying off her hair.  “And talking to someone I like.” Lisa added in her own thought.

Jennie smiled at Lisa’s simple satisfactory as to how she is content with whatever she has right now, that’s really rare because people these days are so greedy.

“Oh ya, tomorrow is the second round of the competition, right? We are so going to support you like the first!” Jennie cheered.

“Yeap and thank you! You three musketeers better not embarrass yourselves.” Lisa shakes her head knowing how her friends will go all out shouting and jumping for her.

The jet black haired wanted to continue the conversation but she’s feeling sleepy and notice that it’s past midnight already, “ah don’t worry about us. Anyways, I think we should head to bed now since it’s so late already.”

Jennie ended the conversation with her sleepy voice, “Goodnight Lisa.”

“Goodnight Jennie,” she replied smiling after hearing that cute voice.

-

HanTaeGug met a few hours earlier before the competition to rehearse one last time before they showcase to the judges and crowd on what they are capable of with this popular song.

“Yas we are so going to slay this choreography!” the confident BamBam clapped while saying after the song ended.

“I hope so, Jackson and the other seniors did say that this is a good choice to show what we can do despite it being another y choreo.” Yugyeom added with Lisa nodding to agree with what he just said.

“Alright guys, HanTae!” the usual Dahyun chimed in for a group cheer.

Meanwhile, the three musketeers met up before the dance competition to have their late lunch because the competition timing as changed unlike the first and they would like to have dinner with Lisa afterwards. They were on their way to the venue after their lunch and they walk past an ice cream store, “Girls. Ice cream please? The weather is so hot oh my god” Jisoo complained.

“Sure, I don’t mind. We still have time. JenJen?” Rosé asked.

“Okay.” Jennie agreed while walking into the store and her mind is spinning. Well, ice cream equals to Uyuaiseukeulim and it leads to Ppong App then she remembered about the cancelled date that got her a little upset which she thought of how she didn’t chat with ‘Pokpak’ today at all! That got her frowning but either way, she got rid of that feeling quickly as she is going to support Lisa, she shouldn’t be thinking of another person.

Her frowning didn’t go unnoticed by Rosé which she quickly thought of the ‘Ppong App’ incident as well and gave Jennie a sad smile, Jisoo on the other hand didn’t notice it as she was too busy looking at the ice cream choices. For the first time in history, Jennie opted for something else instead of milk ice cream and that definitely got Jisoo’s attention as she learned from Rosé that Jennie is a big milk ice cream fan. Well, she thought about the incident too that Lisa told her considering that ‘Uyu’ means ‘Milk’ and she decided to keep shut as she still wants her life.

The trio quickly finished their ice cream before heading to the dance venue, they got in smoothly considering that their still early and there is not much queue.

After a while, the emcee walked on and started thanking the judges, sponsors and welcoming them together with the audiences. “Now, let the competition begin!”

Groups come up on stage, performs and judges discussing the marks after each performance. There are groups that did very well and impressed the audiences including the panels but the three musketeers are very sure that their favourite group is going show a jaw-dropping performance thus they waited patiently for their favourite group to be up after each performance.  

“Now, the highly anticipated mixed category. Let’s welcome HanTaeGug!” the emcee announced which got a huge response back from the audience and Jisoo quickly opened up their banner and the LED lights.

*Sunmi – Gashina*

The lights shined as soon as the song started, Lisa and Dahyun are seen kneeling down on the floor and slowing sliding in sync with the music, BamBam and Yugyeom then joined the girls from the side as soon as they stood up.

They did the choreography with their usual sharp and swift moves to the chorus of the song which is everyone’s favourite part.

‘왜 예쁜 날 두고 가시나 (wae yeppeun nal dugo gashina)’

They stood in a line and pointed towards the judges with their head swaying left to right, then upwards, followed by downwards, lastly to the sid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter