- First Kiss

Roommates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Ding Dong* ...

The door came open after a few seconds, revealing a woman.

“Mom!” Jennie greeted with her open arms.

“Oh, Jennie yah!” Jennie’s mom exclaimed before pulling Jennie into a hug, “I am so happy that you’re back home!”

After pulling away from the hug, Jennie quickly make Lisa’s presence known because she didn’t want the younger girl to feel left out.

She pulled Lisa closer to her, “mom, this is Lisa.”

“Hello Mrs Kim,” Lisa bowed with respect.

“Hello Lisa, you don’t have to be so formal and sorry for not noticing you earlier because I was too engrossed with my daughter coming back home. You can just call me Mama Kim.” Mrs Kim then pulled Lisa in for a quick hug.

Jennie’s mom smiled before letting them into the house and shouting for her husband to let him know that Jennie and the guest are here.

Jennie whispered to Lisa, “don’t worry, she asks all my friends to call her that. I’m sure my dad’s gonna ask you to call him Papa Kim too.”

“My little baby!” Jennie’s dad called.

“Dad! I am a grown-up, stop calling me that.” Jennie complained, but still greeted him with her open arms just like what she did earlier.

“You will always be my little baby… Welcome home even if it’s just for a short while.” He lets go of Jennie and his eyes noticed a tall figure standing there awkwardly, “you must be the guest?”

The taller girl nodded, “yes I am. My name is Lisa, nice to meet you Mr Kim”. She bowed.

He walks to Lisa with open arms, “oh, what’s with the formality, just call me Papa Kim”, before pulling the taller girl into a hug.

Jennie winked at Lisa and gave her that, ‘I told you so’ look.

Lisa thought to herself, “damn, is the Kim family a hugger? Now I know why my Jennie has the best hugs.”

Before Lisa could continue having her own thoughts, Jennie’s voice grabbed her attention.

“Dad, Mom.” Jennie called, walking towards Lisa to intertwine their hands, “actually, I want to tell you guys that… Lisa… she is my girlfriend.”

“Oh.” Mrs Kim frowned, before excusing herself.

Jennie got worried because her mom’s facial expression, her dad on the other hand, told her that he is happy for her, and not to worry about her mom before going after Mrs Kim.

“Oh my god, Lisa. I messed up. I shouldn’t have done that. Did you saw the look on my mom’s face? She looks like she is disgusted. I thought she will be okay with it after all.” Jennie croaked, while tears are welling up in her eyes.

“Shh, it’s okay Jennie. It’s going to be okay.” Lisa comforted her, thinking that this trip just got worse because of her.

Meanwhile, in the parent’s room…

“I won! See, I told you that she’s gonna bring a girlfriend home and not a friend. Dinner’s on you, mummy.” Mr Kim grinned.

“Aish! You’re just lucky!” Mrs Kim scoffed, “how did you know?”

“I am her dad, of course I know. Did you not realise that Jennie always brings people home without telling us? When she asked for permission, I knew that it’s not going to be a normal friend.” Mr Kim reasoned out.

Mrs Kim smiled at her husband’s observation skills, “fine, you win this round.”

“Let’s get back down, Jennie might be crying now. You should’ve seen her face. I can’t believe she thought you wouldn’t accept her when she had dated a girl before.” Mr Kim teased.

“I wasn’t a theatre student for nothing.” Mrs Kim bragged.

They came down to a crying Jennie hugging Lisa, while the latter is comforting her with kisses and wiping her tears away with tissues. They thought to themselves, “such a caring sweet girl, our Jennie is so lucky.”

Mr Kim walked towards the two young girls and patted on their head, “thanks for letting me win this bet, kids.”

Mrs Kim sighed, “aigoo jen, I should be the one crying, you made me lost the bet. So, you must help me with the cooking for tonight’s dinner.”

“Eh?” Lisa got so confused, so she just let her thoughts out.

“Yea, what happened?” Jennie sniffled.

“Your dad and I had a bet. He bet that the friend you’re bringing home is your girlfriend, and I bet that it is just a normal friend.” Mrs Kim explained.

Mr Kim smirked, “and apparently I won. Thus, the loser has to cook dinner for tonight.”

“Oh,” the two young girls said in unison.

Jennie asked as to make things clear, “wait, so you guys are okay with me dating a girl again? Mom, I thought-” 

“Yes, we are okay with it. I know my previous reaction with your first girlfriend wasn’t that pleasant but now, I’ve accepted the fact. I am going to let you do things that makes you happy because your happiness is what matters the most to us. Whatever you were thinking just now were all false, that look I gave before excusing myself and your dad comforting you was just an act that we agreed on carrying out if you were to say that Lisa is your girlfriend, I just wanted to reminisce my acting days.” Mrs Kim giggled.

“Oh my god, you made me so scared! I thought I was going to get kicked out.” Jennie grumbled.

“I can’t believe that you thought your mom is still being so negative about that same- relationship thing when I told you before that she’s slowly getting okay with that.”

“I was traumatized from that okay, geez.” Jennie shrugged.

Lisa watched the whole incident in awe that Mama and Papa Kim could pull such

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter