- Moving on slowly

Roommates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'We found you a friend!' a notification popped out from Ppong App on Lisa's phone and she quickly unlocks it and sees the username, 'uyuaiseukeulim'. "Seriously? Milk ice cream?" The tall girl whispered to herself while she typed in some greetings to the other party.

After that night where Jennie asked her about the app, she quickly downloaded it back at the dorm and hopes to make more new friends in this college while keeping her identity.

She would say that this app is useful because she found her childhood friend, BamBam through the username, 'wezaacool'. A dance group she was a part of in Thailand.

They decided to meet up in the school library to catch up with all the times that they had lost after the group disbanded and members leaving the country to pursue their own dreams.

BamBam being mischievous like her younger self, he pulled Lisa's hair while whispered-yelled "gotcha!"

Lisa rolled her eyes even though BamBam can't see it she grumbled, "aish, grow up!"

The younger boy can't stop but continues to laugh, "come on pp, don't tell me you don't miss that!"

Both of them were happy that they found each other again in this college and talked about how they miss their favourite dishes; authentic tom yum goong and pad thai.

On the other hand, Jennie received a similar notification just that it's from 'pokpak'. She smiled at the silly, weird name and decided to open it later because she has things to settle.

She dials the familiar number and waited for him to pick up. "Hello?" came the voice of someone that she has not talked to for a long time.

"Hi Ji-Yong oppa, it has been long" Jennie greeted.

"Yea, been a year since Tzuyu's death... How's college coming along for you? Coping well?" The older guy asked.

"I'm good. I actually called to ask how are you guys..." Jennie stopped because she is afraid.

Trying to complete her sentence, he asked "Doing?" and continued after he heard a soft hum, "To be honest, mom and dad are slowly accepting the fact she's gone. Me on the other hand, had accepted it and wish that she's doing well somewhere. You? There must be another reason why you called, right?"

"Ah oopa, you're so good in reading me... I'm sorry but I really don't know if I'm being selfish because I am trying to move on too." Jennie croaked out and felt a tear rolling down her cheek.

"You should. You do know that you are not responsible for her death, right?" He pointed out.

"But she wanted me to tell her those 3 words all along so badly... I just couldn't bring myself to say it." Jennie sniffled.

"Don’t worry, my sister is a smart girl. I'm sure she knows and feels it. Even though it wasn't the way she wanted. You've shone light in her life before she passed away." Ji-Yong assured Jennie because he knows that she wants a closure from someone close to Tzuyu.

Before Jennie can reply something, Ji-Yong butted in, "Hey listen, I should get ready for my work now, don't worry about moving on from this, you deserve to be happy with your life and I'm sure my parents agree too. I also know for sure that Tzuyu would want you to be happy. Hope you will find the right one because I know something happened that leads to this call. Talk to you soon Jen. Good luck!" With that he ended the call.

Jennie looked down at her phone and mumbled an inaudible "thank you".

She soon contacted Rosé to talk about it because after all she was the one who knew about this incident inside-out.

"I've decided to carry on from it." Came Jennie as soon as Rosé sat down on her bed.

"That's good, right?" Rosé looked at her knowing what she was talking about.

"Hmm yea... I-" Jennie got cut off from a knock on the door. She knows that it must be Lisa again who forgot her key.

"H..Hi, forgot the key again." Lisa looked up.

"Guessed so. Well, hope you don't mind I have my friend over. Lisa this is Ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter