- Something's Brewing

Roommates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day soon arrived, and something is brewing somewhere down the dormitory aisle.

“Chaeng, do you think Jennie and Lisa are okay?” Jisoo asked with concern.

Rosé scratched her head and shrugged, “hmm, Jennie-unnie is someone that doesn’t like to leave things hanging, so they would have probably talked it out and I guess that they are fine now, if not either one of them would have already knocked on our door!”

“Yah, I guess you’re right! Coming to think of it, it’s such a coincidence that they are each other’s chat buddy! Do you use the Ppong App?” Jisoo queried.

“The universe probably planned it for them, and no I don’t use Ppong App. For me, I prefer talking face to face like right now, because it’s so much better! I can see the way you talk, your facial expression when you’re talking about something that interests you. I think I like human interaction more. What about you? Do you use it, unnie?” Rosé replied.

Jisoo blushed upon hearing the way Rosé describe her preference in interacting with people face to face, well she might or might not have a small little crush towards her.

Jisoo has an admiration towards someone who can play an instrument and sing well. She hopes that whenever she is feeling tired or sad, her partner can play and sing a song to cheer her up. Right now, Rosé fits her description perfectly! Not only is the younger girl gorgeous and kind-hearted, she can also play the guitar and sing very well which is an additional bonus point to Jisoo’s perfect ideal type!

“Unnie?” Rosé called, “are you okay? You kinda zoned out a little.”

Jisoo being brought back by the younger girl’s sweet voice, “eh? Oh, I am fine, and I don’t use the Ppong App too. A friendly girl like me need no online application to talk to people, I can easily talk to random stranger, you know?”

Rosé giggled softly, “Yea, I can totally agree with you, it has only been a few months and I felt like we have known each other for so long!”

“I know right! We should totally go on a date this weekend!” Jisoo blurted. Upon realising what she had just said, she tried to redeem herself. “Eh, I-I mean like we should hang out and get to know more about each other. Yeah.”

“Hahah Unnie, you are so funny when you are flustered! Sure, let’s go on a date!” Rosé agreed.

What Rosé didn’t know is that Jisoo’s idea of ‘date’ is actually more than what she had explained earlier.

With that, they continued to prepare for their morning class.

On the other room, Jennie got up earlier than Lisa because she has a morning class while Lisa doesn’t have any class scheduled today. She looked over at the other side of the room and saw the taller girl snuggled up on her bed, oh how she wishes that she could get more sleep. But upon closer look, she noticed that Lisa is actually shivering even though the room’s temperature isn’t even that cold. The curious Jennie Kim then walked up to check on the poor girl.

Due to instinct, she touched the girl’s forehead and felt that her forehead is a little hotter than hers. “Eh? Pabo Lisa must be running a small fever,” she mumbled to herself, “must be because of yesterday that she went under the rain.” She sighed and proceeded to wake Lisa up.

“Lisa, Lisa-yah, wake up!” She nudged.

“Hmm?” Lisa slowly opened her eyes as to adjust the sudden brightness in the room, she greeted lethargically, “morning”.

“Are you okay? You are running a little fever you know,” Jennie asked. She then quickly went over to her desk and pick up her thermometer while continuing her nagging session. “See, this is what you get from running out when it was raining, and worst still, you went under the rain and stayed outside in the cold for a very long period.”

“Oh, I am having a fever?” Lisa mumbled to herself and touched her forehead. She then ignored Jennie’s nagging speech and replied her, “no wonder my throat is feeling a little funny.”

“Here, open up your mouth.” Jennie instructed and placed the thermometer under Lisa’s tongue.

*Beep* came the sound of the thermometer.

Jennie took it out and looked, “okay, as expected from Doctor Jennie Kim, you got a low-grade fever, 38°C.”

“Dr Jennie Kim? Wow, since when did you major in medical?” Lisa chu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter