THE NIGHT WHERE IT BEGINS [PART 2]

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 34

THE NIGHT WHERE IT BEGINS

[PART 2]

-----xoxoxo-----

                                          

Jennie's Flashback...

 

Jennie hastily went to the dinning because she was late for dinner with her family. It was been a custom for them not to eat if one member of the kin is still not there.

"Where have you been, young lady?" Her mother demanded as shortly as she sat down on the chair.

"At Aurie’s.”  Jennie answered.  “I'm sorry I'm late, I didn't notice the time."

"You're hanging up with your cousin again." Her mother stated.

Of course, Jennie already anticipated that her mother would say that. Her mother doesn't favor Aurie that much because she always dragged Jennie out of her daily training and her mother was really strict when it comes to her training.

"Mother---"

"Well," Jennie's father clapped his hand, interrupting Jennie. "Now, that we're all here. Let's eat."

Jennie sighed in relief and smiled at her father. Her father knew that if he didn't interrupt Jennie, their simple conversation between her and her mother, will turn into an argument once again.

"Jennie, there's something I need to tell you." Her father said.

Jennie blinked. "What is it?"

"It's about your situation." Her father stated.

Jennie froze by that statement. She knew exactly what her father was talking about.

"What about it?" Jennie cautiously asked her father.

But before he could answer Jennie, her mother interrupted him.

"Let's continue this conversation later. I want to eat my dinner with nice atmosphere."

Jennie's father nodded. "I agree. Let's continue this later, for now let's enjoy this delicious food that was cooked by your mother."

Jennie was kind of thankful that her mother interrupted her father because she was still not ready to hear what her father was about to say. She was very much aware that her father was trying every option he could get to protect her and no to fall in the hand of the black witches.

 Jennie was laughing at what her father said when they heard a scream from the distance and all of the sudden a vampire broke into their house. The vampire leaped toward Jennie and was about to stab her with a silver dagger, but her mother  was just in time to grab her and hauled her back against her body while her father went in front of her and was the one who receives the attack.

"Father!" Jennie yelled.

The vampire slammed her father to the table so hard that it broke in half.

Jennie screamed and as her mother yanked her out of the room.

Jennie helplessly watched her father fight against the vampire. She jumped in startled as someone bangs the window near to her and her eyes widened as she witnessed the chaotic site outside their house. Her village was under attack by the vampires. To be precise, this village wasn't their original land. Jennie was born in a castle where her parents are the ruler of the land but due to her situation as the bloodlass they have to move out into a remote area where no one could find them. They have no choice but leave their land in order to protect the next bloodlass from the people who was trying to take her. But his people doesn’t know that it was Jennie who was the next bloodlass, all they knew that someone among them was about to become the next bloodlass. His father hid it so he could protect Jennie not only from the unknown chosen who was destined to kill her but also from the black witches and the vampires.

The vampire has been a big threat to them right next to the humans, because compare to them witches has only smaller amount of population but the black witches have never been a threat to them not until when they found out about the bloodlass. Ever since then, they had been tailing them and even though they haven’t done anything wrong to them her father was always cautious about them but a few years ago her father received news that the black witches was killed by the vampires. And now, the vampires were attacking them.

This could only mean one thing, they already found her.

"Run!" That was the last word that her father said before the vampire took his final breath.

"No!" Jennie protested.

Jennie was about to cast a spell to the vampire who killed her father, but before she could do it her mother dragged her and forced her to run towards their basement where a secret escape door was built into it.

"Here's the key of the escape door." With trembling hand her mother gave her a silver key. "There's a tunnel that will lead you out of here. Use it." Her mother whispered to her.

"What about you?" Jennie asked, holding back the tears from coming out.

"I'll hold him back, so you could escape."

"No!" Jennie shook her head as her tears trailed down her cheeks. "I won't go without you."

"You have to!" Her mother said, pushing her toward the basement door.

"No," Jennie protested." No, you have to--"

Her mother held her face with both hands, and her eyes meet hers. Jennie stiffened, as she saw apprehension sparked in her mother's eyes.

"Listen to me," her mother started, her voice trembled as she spoke to her." You have to promise to live no matter what. " Then she took off her purple teardrop necklace and put it around Jennie's neck. "This necklace will protect you. Be strong for us, alright? Nod if you understand."

Even though it hurts, Jennie nodded." Yes,"

"Good. We love Jennie, remembered that." Her mother leaned in and kissed her forehead."Now, go."

Her mother shoves her inside the basement and then locked the door from the outside. Jennie heard a screeching noise outside the door Jennie saw a little hole in the door, she used it to see what was going on but then her view was suddenly blocked.

For a few minutes, the room was quiet until she heard smashed, wood splintering and glass shattering.

"You will never find her!" She heard her mother's voice.

Jennie clamped her hand over to hold her gasped from escaping. Then she turned and run down towards the escape door, she opened it using the key that her mother gave to her and saw a long narrowed tunnel. Without hesitation, Jennie ran through the tunnel as fast as she could until she'd reached to the gnarled forest, but she didn't stop, she continues to ran even though the tree limb slapped her painfully in the face, breaths of fear spilling raggedly from her lips as she sought to in oxygen.

But then, her feet became entangled in the exposed tree roots and she slammed face-first onto the ground, all the wind knocked brutally from her lungs. She lay there wheezing for breath as she sobbed. Jennie's sight slowly wavers as her finger slides against the necklace that her mother gave to her.

Jennie force consciousness for a few more second, trying to listen to her surrounds if someone had followed her.

”I’m so sorry.” Jennie murmured.

And the next thing she knew she woke up in a warm, soft bed with Aurie's face hovering in front of her. And Aurie fill her in of how Jaejoong found her and brought her in house she used to live before Lisa found it, she also told her about how Jaejoong save her too.

 

End Flashback...

-----xoxoxo-----

 

 

Jennie told everything to Lisa except the part of her being the bloodlass.

After she learned the whole story, Lisa was trembling with anger. She can't imagine the pain of losing both her parents that Jennie has to endure watching the people she loves the most died in front of her. She endured all those painful memories to herself for years as she tried to live as what she promised to her mother.

Lisa can't help but to be proud of her, of Jennie. She's so strong. Her girl is strong.

"It must be really hard for you for those years without your parents." Lisa cupped her face tenderly, luring Jennie further into her embrace.

"You have no idea how ruthless they are." Jennie said tearfully.

"I'm so sorry my kind did this to you." Lisa said, sincerely.

"You don't have to say sorry. You're not one of them." Jennie said, softly.

"No, I'm not." Lisa said calmly. "But still I'm sorry."

Jennie puts her arms around Lisa's waist and drew her closer to her, feeling the coldness of Lisa's body.

"You're kind, Lisa." Jennie whispered.

Lisa let out a small laughed." You think so? Well, everyone in coven think I'm not."

Jennie leaned her head on Lisa's should." Then, they are fools."

Lisa laughed." I make sure to thank Lord Jaejoong for saving you. If I eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter