Unfamiliar Feelings

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 29

Unfamiliar Feelings

-----xoxo-----

 

 Still in 1929... 

Lisa waited as Jennie settled her accommodation in the hotel that the bartender pointed out at her. Lisa crosses her arms over her chest and gaze to the window at the spot where she found Jennie and fought the two made vampire. It was still fresh in her mind how she sees red when one of them grabbed her, she never had that sort of reaction to anyone and she barely even care about the other. Lisa didn't understand it herself, but from the minute she saw those made vampire harassing her, Lisa wanted to rip them apart. If Jennie was really her fated mate, she's going to find those made vampire and kill them for harassing Jennie.

"Thank you." Jennie said to the clerk at the hotel.

Lisa turned to Jennie and said. "Are you sure you want to stay here?"

"Just for tonight." Jennie said. Jennie and Lisa walked in the narrowed hallway as they looked for Jennie's room. "Oh,  here's my room."

"Tell me, Why did you come here in the city, Jennie?" Lisa asked Jennie as she watched Jennie opened the door.

"Um, it's personal." Jennie said,  turning towards Lisa."Thank you for... Tonight. I see you may be...next time?"

When Jennie was about to shut the door, Lisa puts her hand over the door,  blocking it out. 

"It's about Aurie, right.  Are you looking for her?" Lisa guesses.

Jennie sighed heavily. "Look, what you did tonight was great, but my problem is not your concern."

It's true, but Lisa can't help but to get involved. If she's her fated mate, then she's her concern through and through, but at the same time  Lisa doesn't want to push Jennie, she needs to slow down in order to get Jennie stay close to her.

"I suppose your right, but can you at least tell me, why?" Lisa asked again, not backing off.

Jennie stared at her warily. " Like I said, it's not your concern."

" I thought I could help you especially I noticed that you're not a big fan of our kind." Without asking permission, Lisa entered the room and sat on the bed.

"What are you doing?" Jennie asked, her eyebrows drawing together. "This is my room."

"You're afraid of us." Lisa stated, ignoring Jennie's glared and  used her best weapon, the thing she's afraid of. "We may be unknown to most of the humans here, but this city is full of our kind and those two that you've encounter was the just the weakest among us."

"Are you trying to scare me?" Jennie's eyes narrow just a bit, but she looked stiff and cold, she inches away from Lisa.

Lisa has a smirk on her face as she said. "No, of course not." Lisa stood up. "I'm simply trying to give you a warning, you know. Just in case." Lisa shrugged.

Jennie's brows raised in doubt. "I know what you're trying to do."

"Really?" Lisa stated. "It's not that I'm trying to be boastful here, but I have some sort of reputation around my peer. If they see you with me they definitely leave you alone." Lisa added,  trying to act cool towards Jennie.

 "Thank you for the offer, but I'm sorry it's  a no." Jennie ripped her gaze away from Jennie and her voice become hard. "I don't want to owe anything to anyone. Not anymore." She's done. Jaejoong saving her and Aurie is enough.

"Why not?  It's free." Lisa said with a grin.

"You don't understand!" Jennie snapped which surprised Lisa, then Jennie added. "I'm  sorry, but I can't accept your help. I just can't."

The fact that Aurie was the one whose sacrificing to pay their debt to Jaejoong. Jennie has no idea of  Jaejoong's plan and she doesn't like it because Jaejoong was trying to put Aurie's life at risk.

If only she was strong, she might be able to save her parents and her kind and Aurie will never do such dangerous thing just to protect her. She blamed herself for being weak. Ever since her parents and her kind found out that she was next bloodlass, many of her kind sacrificed their lives to protect her, including her parents.

Lisa tilted her head as she watched Jennie's face turned completely serious. She's seems lost and in her deepest thought. Then, Lisa noticed the sorrow in her eyes.

Lisa wanted to grab her, wrap her arms around Jennie and take her pain away, but she resisted, especially this the second time they meet and technically she's a stranger to Jennie. It's her fault.  Because of her eagerness to spend time with her,  she trigger something to make Jennie sad.

"Um," Lisa cleared . "I see, I think I should leave now and maybe let you rest, you must be tired." Lisa walked towards the door, refusing to look at Jennie. She felt so embarrassed for pushing herself to her. "So, good night and....see you around."

Before Lisa got out of the door Jennie voice stopped her. "Lisa?"

Lisa turned slowly to Jennie. "Yes?"

Jennie finally flashes her a smile. "Thank you again."

Lisa smiled back, recovering herself. Lisa finally meet Jennie's  eyes. "You're welcome."

When Lisa's out of the door, Jennie lied in her bed. She felt the tiredness and exhaustion and all she wanted to do right now is to sleep and rest.

"Tomorrow, I'm going to find Aurie." Jennie murmured, but she has a big problem, she doesn't know where Aurie lives.

"I should just have accepted Lisa's help. No". Jennie shook her head. "I need to find her myself and I don't want to expose Aurie from Lisa. It's safer if Lisa is not around." Yes, it's better if Lisa's not around,  even though she felt safer with Lisa but it also scares her because she never felt like this before not since her parents died. Lisa's a stranger and most importantly, a vampire. Lisa's kind killed her parents and her people.
 

-----xoxo-----

 

The next day, Lisa watched from the distance as Jennie roamed around the city, lingering behind the crowd and keeping a safe distance as tried to follow Jennie around. Lisa keeps her distance all this time, but seeing Jennie struggling to figure things out,  left Lisa heart hurting for her. She's alone,  Jennie had no one to help her through this. Lisa has the urge to stop hiding and help her, hell, she knows where Aurie lives,  but Lisa stays in her spot far away from her because she knows that was Jennie wanted.

And only then, she saw Jisoo approaching towards Jennie.

"Aurie!" Jisoo said, grabbing Jennie.

Jennie turned to Jisoo. Jennie stopped dead,  opened mouth and her eyes widened in shocked. Lisa wonders how did Jisoo know Aurie.

"Why are you here? What are you doing here?" Jisoo asked her. Lisa curiously watched them, but she saw it in her eyes, Jennie's eyes were still wide, but this time it was panic and confusion.

",  this is bad." Lisa murmured, then,  the next thing she's knows her feet was moving in the direction to where Jennie and Jisoo was.

"You're suppose--"

"Aurie!" Lisa called out as she getting closer towards Jisoo and Jennie. As soon she reached to them, Lisa saw a relief in Jennie's eyes, but it was few second before her eyes narrowed at her.

Oh ! She's busted!

"I have been looking for you. Where have you been?" Lisa lied, she then flashed a hopefully not an awkward smile because this situation is starting to get awkward.

Lisa turned to Jisoo and pretended she just noticed her. "Oh, Jisoo. You're here too. Wait..." Lisa turned back and forth to Jisoo and Jennie. "You know each other?" Then Lisa turned her gaze toward Jisoo.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter