A Fated Encounter

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 28
A FATED ENCOUNTER
-----xoxo-----


The Past: 1929


Jennie took her cloak out of her closet and put it on hastily and walk over to her dresser and took her necklace. She need to find Aurie, something is going on and she needs to know what it is. 
"My lady, I don't think Lord Jaejoong will like it if he finds out that you're going to the city." Miyeon said, fidgeting her thumbs together.
"I need to find her. I feel something's going on."
"But... "
"Miyeon, it's been weeks and Aurie hasn't come here." Urgency thread in her voice. "I'm worried about her."
"If that's the case, then I'm coming with you."
"No! I want you to stay here."
"But my lady---"
"Miyeon, I need someone to watch over the house and in case if Jaejoong will come to visit me...someone will cover up for me while I'm gone."
"But what if something's happening to you? There's no one---"
"Nothing's going to happen to me." Jennie cut her worry away. "I can take care of myself and have you forgotten who I am."
"I understand." Miyeon said, sighing. "But promise me, you need to be careful and stay away from the vampires."
Jennie blinked. She understands why Miyeon worries too much about her safety. After all, she and Aurie are last of their kind and the enemy might still look for her.
Jennie grabbed Miyeon hands. Smiling a little. And lay her other hand on her face.
"I promise." Jennie said. "I'll get back as soon as I find Aurie."


Monoban's Mansion


Lisa barged inside the house, calling her mother with urgency. Turning absurdly forward, Lisa walked upstairs, hoping to see her mother in the library. Lisa had reached the top step when she saw Suhyun existing out of her room.
"Suhyun!" Lisa called out as she strode towards Suhyun. " Have you..." Lisa paused for a second as she noticed the basket that Suhyun was carrying. " Are those my clothes?"
"Yes, my lady." Suhyun said, said cheerfully and smiling at Lisa.
"Where are you bringing them?"
"Lady Priya ordered me to throw it away since you---"
"Hold on." Lisa cut her off. "She order you throw it?"
"Yes, my lady." Suhyun hesitated.
"That's my only clothes. If you throw that out, what am I going to wear then?"
"Oh, don't worry about that, my lady. Your mother had ordered a dozen of gown for you, and it will be handed over by tomorrow." Suhyun said, excitedly.
 

Lisa stared at Suhyun in disbelief. Was her mother trying to annoy her again? She had reminded her a million times that she preferred to wear a gentleman's clothes than those fancy gowns.
She put her hands on her hips and opened to say some quick remarks, but change her mind, she closed them and said. "You know what... Nevermind." She sighed and added. "Have you seen my mother?"
Suhyun nodded. "Yes, she's in the veranda. Having her tea."
"Thank you and bring that back to my room." Lisa said, pointing the basket that Suhyun was carrying.
"But my lady---"
"Don't worry about my mother. I'll be the one will explain it to her." Lisa said with a reassuring grin.
"As you wish, my lady." Suhyun bowed to Lisa and then went back to her room.
"And by the way"
Suhyun stopped and turned back to Lisa. "Yes, my lady?"
"Those gowns....It's all yours." And with that Lisa walk out and went downstairs to where her mother is.
 

Lisa slowly opened the glass door of the veranda and she saw her mother sitting on the chair, sipping her tea while Chanhyuk was standing still next to her. Her pale skin was glowing like a white porcelain against the sun.
"Oh, you're back, earlier than I expected." Lady Priya greeted her, smiling beautifully to her. The vampire is supposed to be not exposed to the sunlight because it will cause them a severe skin burn or worse death, but for some reason, noble and royalty are exceptions to that. They can freely stroll around the city without even worrying about skin burn and that one of Lisa was thankful about.
 

"Mother," Lisa addressed as she walked toward the table and sat on the chair, fronting her mother.
"I thought you said that you and Mino are going to the Coven. Did something happen?" Lady Priya asked her, putting down her cup.
"Nothing happened." Lisa waved her hand. "In fact, I was about to get to the coven but then I remember there's something I need to consult with you."
 

Lady Priya tilts her head to the side and asked. "And what is it?"
"About.. Fated mate?" Lisa anxiously waits for her mother's response.
Lady Priya leaned back in her chair with an amused grin as she stares at Lisa. " Why are you suddenly interested about fated mate. The last time I remember you called it an absurd belief of us, vampire."
"Can you just answer me?... please mother." Lisa said, annoyed.
Lady Priya laughed softly. "Alright, since you seem so desperate. I'm going to tell it to you again."
"I'm not desperate...I'm just," Lisa paused. "Curious." she added, clearing .
 

Lady Priya shook her head  with an amused smile again. "Ok what ever you say. So," Lady Priya cleared first. "Meeting your fated mate is very significant to us, vampire... because you only meet that person once in a lifetime." Lady Priya emphasized. "You know, the vampire could only give birth once. A female vampire who is mated to their fated mate has a high possibility of getting pregnant than to those who are mated by choice. Meeting your fated mate means a great deal to us because it will help us gain more power within our family's bloodline and also there has a high chance your child will have a special ability just like Chaeyoung... But for me, it's more than that."
 

"Why?" Lisa asked, with a grin.
 

Lady Priya smiled back. "Because I fell in love with your father. From the second I saw him I knew he's the one I've been waiting for."
"That's very cringing, but sweet mother. I didn't know you're a romantic kind of person." Lisa laughed.
Lady Priya chuckled softly. "I'm not. That's only how I feel towards your father. One day, Lisa. You will meet that person that will make your whole world stop." Lady Priya smiled in a nostalgic, remembering-a-happy-moment kind of way. "And you always kind of thinking about that person, It’s like the minute you said goodbye for the today, you can’t wait to see him again."
"Please stop. Just stop." Lisa said, grimaced. "Don't say anything about yours and father's love story."
Lady Priya smiled again. "Vampires are affectionate towards their partner, but love is a different story. You see, vampire don't do love that's why I told you, it's different for me."
"I know. I definitely see it through your eyes." Lisa breathed. "But you said before, that you will recognize your fated mate through your ability, right?"
Lady Priya nodded. " Precisely. If your ability doesn't work with that person then that means you just found your fated mate."
"And so how did you know that father was your fated mate?"
"I touched him. It happens during the time when war broke between vampire and werewolves, I volunteered to help nursing the injured patients. Your father was the commander of the night crawler that time, he was the strongest vampire and only the Queen could defeat him."
"And Lord Jaejoong... now." Lisa interrupted.
"Maybe." Lady Priya agreed. "Anyway, the day when I started my first service, the Queen and your father had an argument. It was so bad that they end up in a brawled. He knew that he has zero chance against the Queen, but it didn't stop him from attacking her. Of course the Queen block him and throw him off and from the minute he stood up and was planning his second attempt, I suddenly ran up to him and hugged him, I don't really have any idea why I did that, my body just bolted and all I could think of is I need to stop him and save him." Lady Priya said, then she added. "And then I felt his body froze and he suddenly falls down on his knees, he loses all his strength. Both of us, no, I think everyone was outraged when they saw him crumpled like that and the cause of it, was me, a female. But the moment I looked, clearly looked at him. It all just happened. I felt it and I know he felt it too, the attraction between the two of us."
"Wow," Lisa said, amused. " That was so..."
"Powerful? Lisa, you should remember that not everyone of us can find their fated mate. You know, I actually give up and almost end up marrying someone that was chosen by my parents. Then I met your father, I cut off the engagement and marry your father."
"Then you're lucky that you met father." Lisa said with a smile.
"Yes, I am really lucky to meet him. And even more bless because I give birth to a beautiful daughter."
"Aw, thank you, mother." Lisa said.
"And the most amusing thing was, that guy that I was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter